PDA

View Full Version : The Great Yarn Swap!~~ NEW MESSAGE PAGE 100!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

brendajos
04-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the first EVAH KnittingHelp.com Super Yarn Swap! We are hoping that this will be a fun experience for everybody. We are going to try to have as few rules as possible in order to have as much fun as possible. Sign up deadline is May 1st. Mintdee and I (Brendajos) will send out the swap names by May 10th.

We will assign you to someone in the same price range you have selected. You can buy as many skeins of yarn as you would like to get to your price range, though consider whether you would want 20 skeins of Sugar n Cream before you send that to someone else! :D

We will swap for 2 months, June and July. In August we will do a KAL with any of the yarn you received and share it on the KAL Forum. You are not required to send your finished object to your swap pal so please do not be hurt if you send one out and someone doesn’t send one to you.

Please be prepared to have your swap package mailed out by the 17th of both months. This will give plenty of time for your package to arrive and hopefully assure that nobody is waiting until the end of the month to get their package. Be aware that if you are shipping internationally, it will take extra time for your package to arrive!

When you get your name, please get in contact with your swap pal to let them know that you have their name. Remember this is a secret exchange so use a secret e-mail address!
Keep in contact with them as best you can. We all know that life happens but don’t let your partner think you forgot about them!

PLEASE!!! If you do not hear from your secret pal or do not receive your yarn please contact us at KHYarnSwap at yahoo dot com. We ask that you do NOT post it on the KH forums in any way. We have a happy environment and would like to keep it that way. We never know when life is going to get in the way of fun like this and we do not want to shame or offend anybody. Equally, if you find that you are not able to continue with the swap, please let us know. We want to be able to get your partners taken care of as soon as possible.

Above all...HAVE FUN! Share the fun on the KAL. Take pictures of your new goodies and share them with the group!

Now…let the fun begin…Copy and paste the questionnaire below into an e-mail and send it to KHYarnSwap(at)yahoo(.)com. PLEASE do not forget to include your KH Screen name so your swap pal will know who they are gifting!

1. Your name (first name, last name, KH Screen name):
2. Your primary e-mail address:
3. Your anonymous e-mail address to be used to communicate to your Secret Pal:
4. Your mailing address:
5. Your blog/website:
6. Which price range would you prefer to be in (this is the monthly amount)? ($5? $10? $15? $20+)
7. Do you prefer to send only to a pal who is either in the same country as you are?
8. Are you a spinner and prefer to be assigned to another spinner
9. Are you allergic or adverse to any types of yarns?
10. Any colors you prefer?
11. Any preferred fibers?
12. Is your home smoke/pet-free?
13. Do you have any allergies to pets or smoke?
14. Anything that you would like your swap pal to know about you? (other hobbies, interests, etc)
15. Please indicate if you are willing to be a Secret Pal Ambassador and jump in as a replacement to delinquent Pals if called upon.

Angelia
04-13-2006, 08:16 AM
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

horve1
04-13-2006, 08:45 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Just double checking - the price range is for each month, not total, right?

Danielle
04-13-2006, 08:58 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

brendajos
04-13-2006, 09:43 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Just double checking - the price range is for each month, not total, right?

yup and i added it to the question! :thumbsup:

mintdee
04-13-2006, 09:54 AM
hehehe glad you answered that one Bren I was sitting here going ummm... uuuhhhh
:roflhard:

brendajos
04-13-2006, 10:18 AM
okay i just had to change the subject line...the redundancy of "The Great Swap Exchange" was bugging me...

this is what happens when i try to do any work early in the morning...i should show it to my boss as evidence to why he doesn't want me here before 8am!

Cristy
04-13-2006, 01:43 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I'm sooooooo excited! ;)

DragonTush
04-13-2006, 09:25 PM
\ :happydance: :happydance: :cheering:

Secksiebrat
04-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Is there anyone that might be willing to type up or direct me on how to find good yarns? I don't know many different brands. I'd really like to participate but I want to make sure I send someone something really nice (in the price range I choose) and not something silly.

Maybe there is a website about different brands/types of yarns and what they would be ideal for? Thanks!

~danielle~

brendajos
04-13-2006, 10:55 PM
where in Texas is Jefferson? Maybe you can find a store here (http://f3.yahoofs.com/users/42dd708az716b9661/mail/__sr_/c433.jpg?phorjPEBZPYa1u4y) that is close to help inspire you? this is how i found my yarn stores and i LOVE them!!

Secksiebrat
04-13-2006, 10:58 PM
I am in NE Texas. I was told about one in Longview (about 40 miles from me) and when I venture to longview next, I plan to go look. I don't believe it's on the yarn store list though! Since the "W" word is the only store that carries yarn, that doesnt' show me much about yarn.

I'll look at the michaels and that sticthes and stuff (I think that's what it's called) in Longview and see what I can find out :) I never thought about just going and looking. I don't go to Longview often but I'll make sure I check it out next time I do go!

~danielle~

Thanks!

HollyP
04-13-2006, 11:21 PM
:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

carollovesyarn
04-14-2006, 03:17 AM
Is there anyone that might be willing to type up or direct me on how to find good yarns? I don't know many different brands. I'd really like to participate but I want to make sure I send someone something really nice (in the price range I choose) and not something silly.

Maybe there is a website about different brands/types of yarns and what they would be ideal for? Thanks!

~danielle~
Hi--

Try these:

yarn reviews from knitters (price range from 'bargain' to 'luxury'): http://www.wiseneedle.com/search.asp

and Yarn Market (http://www.yarnmarket.com/)does a fair job of describing (along with its sister site http://www.yarndex.com/ )

If you find a yarn you think might be good, try going to the manufacturer's website and seeing what patterns they use it in and whatever else they have to say about it.

You could also try asking here in the General Knitting folder, if anyone has feedback about a particular yarn.

Carol

Andrea
04-14-2006, 05:52 AM
:?? I'm confused. Are our swap pals secret or not?? It sounds as though we're supposed to tell them our screen name, but then have a secret email?

Does the person we get have us? I'm sorry to ask questions...my contacts hurt so much right now I can't think straight...

Cristy
04-14-2006, 06:17 AM
:?? I'm confused. Are our swap pals secret or not?? It sounds as though we're supposed to tell them our screen name, but then have a secret email?

I think we get in touch w/ them via our secret email to let them know we have there name...that way they know they've been chosen but not our real identity. make sense? That's how it seems to me anyway...mintdee/brendajos...am I right?

Andrea
04-14-2006, 06:43 AM
So Mintdee/Brendajos just need our screen name so THEY know who's who? Right? I think it's slowing coming to me! :D

Angelia
04-14-2006, 06:47 AM
Here's what Brenda said to me in a pm when I asked about the anonymous email, and maybe this will answer your question, too, Andrea:

That is for you contacting your secret pal. We aren't swapping name for name. Person A will have Person B who will have Person C etc.

It doesn't matter for the person who has your name to contact you but it will for when you are contacting yours. we tossed it around a bit because it can be something of a hassle but the bottom line was that we wanted you to contact the person you had without giving yourself away and that was the best option we had.

Andrea
04-14-2006, 07:15 AM
Ok, now I just need an anonymous email...what's a good one? Hotmail or something?

Angelia
04-14-2006, 07:16 AM
Yeah, or gmail or yahoo. I hear gmail is pretty good, actually, though if you're just using the account for this, it likely doesn't matter which you use.

gardenmommy
04-14-2006, 08:46 AM
I just made a new one on yahoo, as my other yahoo e-mail address would be a dead giveaway. ;)

brendajos
04-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Looks like you got your answers! :thumbsup: The reason why we are asking for screen names is because not everybody recognizes real life names. One of my best friends is someone I met online in a gaming room initially. 5 years later I still tend to call him by his game name and he still answers to it! When someone calls him by his real name i tend to be puzzled for a moment too! Our screen names are just part of our little world now. If someone told me that I had Kristen's name it is likely that I wouldn't know who that was...but if ya tell me i have GardenMommy...THAT person i know! ;)

gardenmommy
04-14-2006, 10:07 AM
and my yahoo e-mail is gardenmommy3@yahoo, so it would be too easy to figure out! LOL ;) And that was back when I had three kids, I'm also gardenmommy4 now that I have four!

Do you think a new separate post should be made on the General Knitting forum to direct people to this thread, as I had sort of had been following the one-skein/secret pal exchange thread there, but got busy and then didn't follow it, and came across this one kind of by accident last night, thinking "I never go to the KAL forum, I wonder what is going on in there..." I was actually afraid of being sucked into a KAL! LOL

brendajos
04-14-2006, 10:41 AM
I heard a rumor that some of you may not know that the swap is in the works! I can see why you might not, I tend to not go to the KAL forum much myself! If you are interested in getting some great yarn and making new friends check out this thread! (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11900) We have 14 players so far and would love to have more!!! We have about two weeks for sign ups so I do hope we get lotsa players. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask!

dustinac
04-14-2006, 05:07 PM
:cheering:

mks22300
04-14-2006, 05:36 PM
This sounds like so much fun! :cheering:
Now, I have to go setup another email account, as mine would be a dead giveaway to who I am too! :rofling:

rebecca
04-17-2006, 04:38 PM
"bump"

Andrea
04-17-2006, 08:45 PM
I just tried getting a hotmail address, but when I sent a test message to my real email, it showed my full name...so that's not really anonymous :thinking:

brendajos
04-17-2006, 09:09 PM
maybe you can change the display?

brendajos
04-17-2006, 09:11 PM
yeah i just looked at my hotmail account and you can go into the options and change your name in there. That should take care of it sending your real name! Mine says "Brenda Blankspacehere" for my name... ;)

Andrea
04-17-2006, 10:29 PM
Awesome...I got it to work! Now I'm going to sign up! :cheering:

mintdee
04-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Wooo! ! I can not wait until we get started! :happydance: :happydance:

brendajos
04-18-2006, 09:40 AM
We have 22 players right now...come swap yarn with us!

mulene
04-18-2006, 10:14 AM
I have a gmail account that has the option to invite 100 people - :rofling: I don't know 100 people to give them out to, so if anyone wants a gmail account just send me a PM with an email address to send the invite to.

After that you can set your gmail account up as any name you want.

Also, I think I'd like to take part in this, but as I'm in the UK is that going to be too much of a pain in the rear for people?

Am assuming I'm meant to make something with the yarn sent and possibly send it back to the person who sent it to me (though I know it isn't compulsory), I'm slightly concerned since I'm still only doing scarves! I'm still too scared to try the Tubey! Would it be better for me to wait to do this another time, for when I'm a bit more experienced?

brendajos
04-18-2006, 10:35 AM
We have people signed up who are willing to ship overseas so I think you are good with joining us!

as far as making something to send...I don't know that I will be able to myself. My knitting time is very limited and thusly means that I am VERY slow. But maybe it would be a good time to shake off that fear of leaving the scarf and move on to a hat, or a little purse, or something. I gotta tell ya, the first time i finished a hat i was pretty sure i was the only person who had ever accomplished that task! :rofling:

mulene
04-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Sounds good =D I shall fill in my form. My mother keeps on brandishing a short sleeve summer sweater I made when I was 19 at me. She keeps telling me I should make another! I've actually got 4 scarves on the go. I started and finished one this weekend though - I'm very proud! :happydance: I finally finished my first drop stitch scarf too. Only the other 4 to complete - in eyelash yarn and I've dropped a stitch on two of them (hence ditching them and starting others till I'm confident enough to pick up the dropped stitched :roflhard: )

This swap sounds like a great idea :thumbsup:

rebecca
04-18-2006, 11:07 AM
:D Yeah, Baby! Sounds like fun ;)

mintdee
04-18-2006, 11:08 AM
That is what I am thinking :)

kemp
04-18-2006, 12:48 PM

~danielle~

There are many great web sites out there to choose from with some really YUMMY yarn. Try searching the forum for something like "online yarn" the topic has been discussed quite a bit.

sara_jayne
04-18-2006, 01:24 PM
We will swap for 2 months, June and July. In August we will do a KAL with any of the yarn you received and share it on the KAL Forum. You are not required to send your finished object to your swap pal so please do not be hurt if you send one out and someone doesn’t send one to you.

Okay, I must be dense (or having a week full of Mondays). I understand that the sharing of a FO is optional....but I don't understand where the FO will end up.

Is the FO to be sent to the person we are SENDING yarn to or to the person we are RECEIVING yarn from?

:?? Basic concepts are beyond me today - perhaps I shouldn't drive, stoplights might confuse me!

Andrea
04-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Sara, I just want you to know you're not the only one who's having these moments...I'm still a little confused on everything. :D

I think if you do make something with the yarn you received from your pal, that's who you would sent it to.

brendajos
04-18-2006, 02:02 PM
That was the intention but seeing that it is optional, you could actually send it to whomever you want I would suppose.

carollovesyarn
04-18-2006, 04:17 PM
disclaimer: The following is from my mind, not the KAL here, and from the One Skein KAL, which I thought we were trying to emulate:

I think the intent of the One Skein swap was to send someone a skein that would inspire them. The recipient will (hopefully) make something from that one skein and share it via pictures (ok that last part was for this KAL). I thought that at the end of our KAL, we could optionally make something from one skein (ANY single skein) and send it to our pal that we had been sending yarn to, since that was how the OS KAL has been set up. BUT now it DOES seem like a better idea to make something for the person who sent you yarn, whether it be out of one of the received skeins or not.

Should we get a ruling on this as to whether the optional object goes to the person who sent you yarn or to the person to who you are sending yarn? We are switching skeins round robin style right?

Here's another thing I liked from the OS KAL:
Please include with EACH mailed skein at least one card, letter, or
postcard explaining why you selected that particular skein. Use this as an opportunity to try your hand at writing a yarn review or perhaps write a story about the skein’s history in your life. If you’ve used that skein in a project or plan to use it in the future, perhaps you’ll want to include a photo. Handspun skeins are welcome too—what fun it would be to surprise your pal with one you’ve spun; give the background on the process and dyes you used! Use your creativity to make this fun for your Pal! This exchange is about celebrating the wide, wonderful world of yarn!

It’s okay if one of your skeins is a “great find” and not expensive, but it would be nice to include a note explaining why you love that skein. Skeins should be new or in perfect condition, with label attached. Ideally they would not be off the market or “retired” so that your Pal could purchase more for a larger project.

Carol
only slightly confused and hopefully not adding to it

rebecca
04-18-2006, 04:27 PM
I like the sending of the card idea, but, what if one chooses to send something to their pal via the store from which they bought the yarn. For example, when i was filling out my account form @ Kemp's store I saw the option in which she would send to another person if u wish (address book, u can add additional addresses & you can ship to one of these addresses), which i think is a great idea :D

carollovesyarn
04-18-2006, 05:42 PM
I like the sending of the card idea, but, what if one chooses to send something to their pal via the store from which they bought the yarn. For example, when i was filling out my account form @ Kemp's store I saw the option in which she would send to another person if u wish (address book, u can add additional addresses & you can ship to one of these addresses), which i think is a great idea :D
It is a WONDERFUL idea! I guess then a virtual note would have to suffice. I think the emphasis is on communication. Which I don't think any of us have a problem with doing!

rebecca
04-18-2006, 05:54 PM
LOL, we (especially me) do like to 'communicate' a LOT ;) :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

javede
04-19-2006, 01:45 AM
Oh, that sounds like a fun swap/kal.
I just have to look up when this semester ends and my exams probably take place to see if I have the time for this...*searches stupid university site*...
ah, last lecture day is mid july, so I would have time for this :cheering:

I have a question though: Do we send only one kind of yarn or could we send different?

brendajos
04-19-2006, 07:38 AM
you can send whatever wonderful yarn you would like! I think different yarns would be most fun for the person receiving them but whatever fun stuff you find that you would like to send!

sara_jayne
04-19-2006, 02:11 PM
BUMP!

12 days left to sign up!

brendajos
04-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Okay here's the deal with the finished object. There were several people who like the idea of doing a knit along and showing what wonderful thing they made with the special yarns they got from their swap partner but they wanted to keep it when they were finished. It wasn't some selfish thing, just that they wanted it as a special "gift" that they made for themselves from this yarn they got.

There were others, myself included, that like the idea of doing the KAL but really didn't think they would be able to commit the time to getting a project done in time to ship off. And i most certainly have no way of dealing with someone not getting a finished object at the end. I really think it is going to be a nightmare for the Interweave people to "police" in any sort of fair way.

If you would like to make up something and send it to one of your swap partners, please do so...i am sure they would LOVE it. There is just no way that I am willing to make it a requirement when I don't think that I could even keep up my end of that deal.

Sending a nice thank you card or note would be very nice though! :D

rebecca
04-19-2006, 03:09 PM
I DITTO what Bren said :D

rebecca
04-19-2006, 03:15 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: SIGN UP PEOPLE....it's gonna be fun, fun, fun :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

carollovesyarn
04-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Thank you for the clarification! I know what you mean about wanting to keep the yarn we receive! :cheering: :cheering:

dustinac
04-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Okay here's the deal with the finished object. There were several people who like the idea of doing a knit along and showing what wonderful thing they made with the special yarns they got from their swap partner but they wanted to keep it when they were finished. It wasn't some selfish thing, just that they wanted it as a special "gift" that they made for themselves from this yarn they got.

There were others, myself included, that like the idea of doing the KAL but really didn't think they would be able to commit the time to getting a project done in time to ship off. And i most certainly have no way of dealing with someone not getting a finished object at the end. I really think it is going to be a nightmare for the Interweave people to "police" in any sort of fair way.

If you would like to make up something and send it to one of your swap partners, please do so...i am sure they would LOVE it. There is just no way that I am willing to make it a requirement when I don't think that I could even keep up my end of that deal.

Sending a nice thank you card or note would be very nice though! :D

:thumbsup:

rebecca
04-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Okay, I'm ready to start.............................. :rollseyes: ...........how much longer?!...........is it time to begin yet :shock: ? ! I already have the 1st month's yarn picked out....... :D

jamadian75
04-19-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm in! :cheering:

I have so many things to be thankful for since finding this hobby and this site.

The thought of someone that I may have never met sending me yarn that they loved or thought I would love...it makes me giggle!!

Great idea ladies...

brendajos
04-19-2006, 04:32 PM
we are almost at 30 players and I have a feeling number 30 is on its way to the super secret swap mailbox! :happydance:

rebecca
04-19-2006, 05:34 PM
:cheering: :cheering: YIPPEE, 30 & still several days left, this will be fun :happydance: :happydance:

Cristy
04-19-2006, 07:20 PM
bump...:)

Cristy
04-19-2006, 07:38 PM
even though I know we shouldn't have received anything via email from our person yet (b/c sign ups aren't even over...) I still check my email daily...I am SOOOOO ready for this to begin!!!

mintdee
04-19-2006, 09:04 PM
:roflhard: I know what you mean! We are going to have a lot of fun with this! :happydance:

brendajos
04-19-2006, 11:50 PM
:balloons: We are officially at 30!!! :balloons:

mks22300
04-20-2006, 12:04 AM
This is going to be so much fun!
I'm very glad that it isn't going to be a requirement to send a FO. I'm getting faster at knitting, but it still takes me some time. I would hate to feel the pressure to get something done, then have to frog it because I messed up, and not sending it off in time.
I hope that I can use some of the yarn that I just ordered for the swap... :thinking:

KellyK
04-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Im wondering if maybe people should include their sweater sizes on their forms so that IF the sender wanted to send ONE type of yarn, they could send enough for a garment??

Danielle
04-20-2006, 10:46 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
:balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons:

mulene
04-20-2006, 11:03 AM
:cheering: :XX: :cheering: so very excited!

rebecca
04-20-2006, 11:24 AM
:D Me, too.....I'm ready to get my Pal's name :D ready to begin...have a few ideas & I'm very impatient, don't like to wait :roflhard: :rofling: LOL, I'm much like a kid with this! It will be lots of fun :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

brendajos
04-20-2006, 11:30 AM
okay you people are gonna burn out before it's time! :rofling:

Cristy
04-20-2006, 11:40 AM
not possible...

:happydance: :happydance: :cheering: :cheering: :XX: :XX: :happydance: :happydance:

rebecca
04-20-2006, 11:53 AM
okay you people are gonna burn out before it's time! :rofling:

yeah, I don't see that happenin' ;)

mulene
04-20-2006, 01:33 PM
burn out? Whats that? :rofling:

HollyP
04-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Im wondering if maybe people should include their sweater sizes on their forms so that IF the sender wanted to send ONE type of yarn, they could send enough for a garment??
That's a good idea!

I feel like it's Christmastime. Is it here yet? Can we play now?Please!! This is so much fun!!!

Another reason I am so excited is I just found not 1 but 2 yarn shops w/in 20 minutes of my house :happydance: ! I can't wait to go this weekend and check them out! If it wasn't for this swap I probably wouldn't have found them for a while.

sara_jayne
04-21-2006, 09:32 AM
*bump*

rebecca
04-21-2006, 11:25 AM
*bump*bump*bump*

brendajos
04-22-2006, 02:36 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/Siggies/bump.jpg

Cristy
04-22-2006, 02:37 PM
HAHAHAHAH that is so funny brenda!!!

Cristy
04-23-2006, 10:17 AM
canadian bump... (http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2004/02/18/Bump.png)

mks22300
04-23-2006, 01:50 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

rebecca
04-23-2006, 03:21 PM
bump di bump bump

mulene
04-23-2006, 04:24 PM
(_|_)*SHAKE*(_\_)*BUMP*(_/_)*SHAKE*(_|_)

Danielle
04-23-2006, 08:15 PM
*bump*

HollyP
04-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Bump

rebecca
04-24-2006, 10:44 AM
**bump**

KellyK
04-24-2006, 02:35 PM
I dont wanna do the BUMP....I wanna do The HUSTLE (http://www.thedancestoreonline.com/ballroom-dance-instruction/videos/hustle-three-count.wmv)!

rebecca
04-24-2006, 02:38 PM
:rofling: :roflhard: Girl, u r toooo funny :roflhard: :rofling: LOL, I won a 'bump' contest back in the day :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

KellyK
04-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Im IN!! :happydance:

mulene
04-24-2006, 05:18 PM
**hustle**? :shock:

rebecca
04-24-2006, 06:11 PM
**bump***bump***

Andrea
04-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Im IN!! :happydance:
:cheering: :cheering:

When do we start?!?!?!

butterflymama
04-24-2006, 09:19 PM
You guys are making me even more anxious now! :lol:

KellyK
04-25-2006, 12:15 AM
:cheering: :cheering:
When do we start?!?!?!

I think Bren said that she & Mintdee would have the names out to everyone by the 10th. :thumbsup:

HollyP
04-25-2006, 07:24 AM
Is it the tenth yet ?? (said in my best, 5 year old at Walmart in front of the candy shelves or in the toy aisle, whiney voice)

KellyK
04-25-2006, 07:38 AM
*Steers Holly over to the WalMart Calendar & Sharpie Marker section so she can cross off the days until the 10th* :rofling:

catownedanna
04-25-2006, 07:39 AM
This sounds like fun but I wonder how anonymous I'd be when the recipient sees the XXXX stamp on the package... :(

But then again, on this friendly forum ;) someone might offer to be a secret middle(wo)man in shipping and pm me about it before I sign up... :D

Angelia
04-25-2006, 08:19 AM
Oh that would be a riot--sending packages to others to send on to yet more others just so we can remain anonymous! :rofling:

I didn't think anything was happening with this until May to give people time to sign up....

mintdee
04-25-2006, 09:02 AM
KK is correct! Bren and I are getting together on the 7th for Panera goodness and name selecting as well as some KIP. Good times :) I am loving that everyone is so excited about this! :happydance:

Andrea
04-25-2006, 09:24 AM
:cheering: :happydance:

brendajos
04-25-2006, 09:42 AM
This sounds like fun but I wonder how anonymous I'd be when the recipient sees the Sweden stamp on the package... :(

But then again, on this friendly forum ;) someone might offer to be a secret middle(wo)man in shipping and pm me about it before I sign up... :D

Kemp who owns www.DivaKnitting.com has graciously offered to take care of packages for people in the swap who don't have an LYS in their area. Not sure if she can do international stuff but you could certainly ask her! Since it is her store she is able to make sure it stays anonymous for you!

HollyP
04-25-2006, 10:46 AM
*Steers Holly over to the WalMart Calendar & Sharpie Marker section so she can cross off the days until the 10th* :rofling:

sara_jayne
04-25-2006, 11:02 AM
*cha cha cha*

(????)

I don't dance!

rebecca
04-25-2006, 12:37 PM
bump bump ;)

rebecca
04-25-2006, 12:38 PM
bump

mulene
04-25-2006, 02:19 PM
http://www.utah.edu/ska/uu/web-pub/cit-150/images/animated/elmo.gif Elmo bump!

Angelia
04-25-2006, 03:02 PM
You're certainly excited about the yarn swap aren't you, Bec, keeping it up top in the queue! ;)

Cristy
04-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Angelia...your avatar almost looks evil...

Can we start yet? Do we really have to wait...it's killing me....I guess I could go yarn shopping...

rebecca
04-25-2006, 04:41 PM
:roflhard: :rofling: Elmo rocks :thumbsup:

brendajos
04-25-2006, 05:16 PM
*...WalMart Calendar & Sharpie Marker section...* :rofling:

*GASP!*

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY SWAP!?!?! :verysad:

;)

Angelia
04-25-2006, 05:21 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Poor Brenda! :heart:

And Cristy, she IS evil--my cat Mina. We've done everything short of an exorcism. :rollseyes:

mks22300
04-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Let's see, it's only....15 days away! That's not too terribly long! :cheering:

catownedanna
04-26-2006, 05:39 AM
Hmmm... :thinking: I'd like to be a part of this but the more I think about it, the more difficult it seems for me to keep anonymous if I don't use Internet based yarn shops for this.

And just using Internet shops... :( I wouldn't be able to personalize the packages, include messages or anything.

I've never been in a swap before. How crucial is it that the sender stays anonymous during the swap?

brendajos
04-26-2006, 05:43 AM
that is completely up to you! :thumbsup:

blueeyes28
04-26-2006, 07:55 AM
I need to get an anonymous e-mail address how do I do that I need to sign up????

mulene
04-26-2006, 07:58 AM
I need to get an anonymous e-mail address how do I do that I need to sign up????

You can set up a free account on any of the free web mail services. I use yahoo and gmail.

blueeyes28
04-26-2006, 08:00 AM
Thanks I should have known that!!! :??

mulene
04-26-2006, 08:04 AM
Thanks I should have known that!!! :??

If you want a gmail account I can invite you - I have 100 invites to give away. Just pm me with your normal not secret email address and then you can set up a gmail account and call it whatever you want :)

blueeyes28
04-26-2006, 08:08 AM
OK how do I pm you ?

mulene
04-26-2006, 08:11 AM
underneath my post above, is a little button that says "PM" - you can click that. Or you can click "you have no new messages" at the top of the screen in the menu and that will take you to your site mail box.

KellyK
04-26-2006, 08:24 AM
I LOVE ELMO!!! :roflhard:

mulene
04-26-2006, 08:42 AM
hehe I did a search for the hustle in animated gif files and he came up as Saturday Night Fever - I thought he was rocking out so much he was perfect =D

Angelia
04-26-2006, 08:51 AM
Yeah, don't worry too much about it. But I will gladly work as a go-between if you really want to stay anonymous! (Provided you don't get my name, of course! :rofling: )

catownedanna
04-26-2006, 09:00 AM
Oh, I don't mind not being anonymous in the Swap, but I thought maybe the reciever of my yarn would loose some of the excitement of a Secret Pal if she/he so quickly could figure out who the Pal was...

Am I overthinking this? :thinking: :D

sara_jayne
04-26-2006, 09:33 AM
I think, as the Swap goes on, there may be some of us who can figure out who are pals are....just through conversation and such - especially if we hang around here a lot (not that any of us do that! :rollseyes: ) Most of the fun is getting the yarn from our pal and I wouldn't mind knowing who my pal is in advance - so I would encourage you to still do this with us - remembrer - YOU need yarn too!!!

brendajos
04-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Am I overthinking this? :thinking: :D

*nods*

yesssssssss...I have a feeling that most probably wouldn't have figured it out without you bringing it up! just join us!

rebecca
04-26-2006, 11:41 AM
:D Personally, I really don't mind if my partner figures out it's me or vice versa...it's going to be fun if I do or don't know who's on the other end :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: I'm just ready to begin ;)

brendajos
04-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Okay, here is the list of who we have so far. Please check to make sure your name is on the list. Everybody SHOULD have gotten an e-mail from us letting them know that we got your message but I have heard rumors that it didn't work for some.

Andrea
Angelia
Beckyrhae
Brendajos
butterflymama
CarmenIbanez
Carolina Red
Cristy
Debbie
DragonTush
DustinaC
EmeraldCutie
Garden Mommy
gimmesanity
HollyP
horve1
Jamadian75
Javede
KellyK
ladyindica2000
Mintdee
mks223300
Monzogary
Mulene
Rebecca
Roxtarchic
sara_jayne
SecksieBrat
Shellebelle216
sogrammatical
Tammy6071
wildforyarn
Yellow VW Beetle
Catownedanna
ToastKing

brendajos
04-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Okay, here is the list of who we have so far. Please check to make sure your name is on the list. Everybody SHOULD have gotten an e-mail from us letting them know that we got your message but I have heard rumors that it didn't work for some.

Andrea
Angelia
Beckyrhae
Brendajos
butterflymama
CarmenIbanez
Carolina Red
Cristy
Debbie
DragonTush
DustinaC
EmeraldCutie
Garden Mommy
gimmesanity
HollyP
horve1
Jamadian75
Javede
KellyK
ladyindica2000
Mintdee
mks223300
Monzogary
Mulene
Rebecca
Roxtarchic
sara_jayne
SecksieBrat
Shellebelle216
sogrammatical
Tammy6071
wildforyarn
Yellow VW Beetle

KellyK
04-26-2006, 02:21 PM
I wonder, too, if it would be fun to have a receiver who is different than your giver.... like, not PAIR us up, but instead draw names from a hat...the person you draw first gives to the person you draw second who gives to the person you draw third and the last person gives to the first. :thinking:

brendajos
04-26-2006, 02:22 PM
that's the plan! :thumbsup:

rebecca
04-26-2006, 02:24 PM
:roflhard: :rofling: Where u been, KK ;) ?!

Celine
04-26-2006, 02:35 PM
I'm thinking of joining in this fun swap. :XX: :XX: But I have a question.

How many balls or skeins of yarn are we to send for each of those two months? :rollseyes:

Someone posted about sending enough so the person could knit a sweater!! That could be quite a few balls of yarn! lol Then how does the "price range" fall into play here? Is that the price for each ball or skein for each month I think I read above. So I really want to know how many balls or skeins are we to send each month? :?? Thanks so much for your answers.

brendajos
04-26-2006, 02:44 PM
well the original idea is to send one skein of yarn and you can certainly stick with that. BUT some people want to be in that $20 price range but maybe can't find one great skein in that price. So maybe they will send TWO at $10 each. Make sense? Of course the caveat to that was to consider whether you would want or need 20 skeins of sugar n cream before you send it to someone else! ;)

HollyP
04-26-2006, 03:06 PM
WOW! So many people. :cheering: This keeps getting better and better :happydance: !

sara_jayne
04-26-2006, 03:07 PM
But there is still more time people!!! Sign up!!

Celine
04-26-2006, 03:32 PM
brendajos, thank you that answers my question! :happydance:

CarmenIbanez
04-26-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm so excited! I can't wait. WHEN WHEN WHEN?

brendajos
04-26-2006, 05:06 PM
patience grasshopper!

ladyindica2000
04-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Oh, I can't wait... I too am super excited and have already given a lot of thought to what I would like to give receive!!

HollyP
04-26-2006, 07:25 PM
patience grasshopper!
What is this patience you speak of wise one? ;)

Debbie
04-26-2006, 07:49 PM
My name is on the list ... but I didn't get an email !

brendajos
04-26-2006, 07:50 PM
eh it's not important...the important part is your name being on the list! ;)

though i would make sure we aren't getting spam blocked!

rebecca
04-26-2006, 09:00 PM
patience grasshopper!

Hey, bren, do u need my knitting yoda avatar ;)

*KnitPixie*
04-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Hey everyone I never heard of this before now and I am interested and even though I read it I am still confused :wall: What exactly is the great yarn swap and what will go on :oops:

HollyP
04-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Hey everyone I never heard of this before now and I am interested and even though I read it I am still confused :wall: What exactly is the great yarn swap and what will go on :oops:

Basically it is secret pals giving yarn. You fill out the questionnaire on pg 1 of this post and Brendajos and Mintdee will match you up with a giver a and a receiver. You will send yarn to one person and get yarn from another.

Does that make sense? I have been studying all night and nothing I write looks right anymore!!

edited for spelling! :oops:

Angelia
04-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Wow, the list is gi-normous and evidently growing! :happydance: :happydance:

mintdee
04-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Old Skool Bump ;)

Danielle
04-27-2006, 10:01 AM

brendajos
04-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Holly's got it about right! :thumbsup: It's basically Secret Santa but with yarn! :happydance:

mulene
04-27-2006, 10:15 AM
:roflhard: love the old skool!

brendajos
04-27-2006, 10:19 AM
OTN: Nothing!

wow we need to get that Yellow_VW_Beetle some yarn doncha think?

mulene
04-27-2006, 10:23 AM
OTN: Nothing!

wow we need to get that Yellow_VW_Beetle some yarn doncha think?

agree! Hurry up and let the swap begin! :XX: :happydance:

Danielle
04-27-2006, 11:12 AM
:roflhard: Now I have something on the needles! :P :roflhard:

brendajos
04-27-2006, 11:24 AM
wheeeeeeeeeew....we can wait a bit longer to start the swap then!

:hiding:

rebecca
04-27-2006, 11:52 AM
:roflhard: Now I have something on the needles! :P :roflhard:

Yeah...I see that u have a FUN, FUN project OTN...broadripple socks, baby :thumbsup:

mulene
04-27-2006, 12:02 PM
wheeeeeeeeeew....we can wait a bit longer to start the swap then!

:hiding:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :shock:

rebecca
04-27-2006, 12:10 PM
It's basically Secret Santa but with yarn! :happydance:

Ahhhhh....sounds wonderful :inlove: :heart: :inlove:

Danielle
04-27-2006, 05:05 PM
*bump*

rebecca
04-27-2006, 06:57 PM
**bump bump**

mintdee
04-28-2006, 09:08 AM
:thumbsup: bumpa rooni

horve1
04-28-2006, 04:56 PM
:cheering: bump :cheering:

rebecca
04-28-2006, 06:42 PM
:cheering: :happydance: Bump Bump :happydance: :cheering:

brendajos
04-28-2006, 06:48 PM
we seem to be stuck at 35.....nobody else wants to play? this is the last weekend to sign up!

brendajos
04-28-2006, 08:51 PM

Andrea
Angelia
Beckyrhae
Brendajos
butterflymama
CarmenIbanez
Carolina Red
carollovesyarn
Cristy
Debbie
DeeKnit
DragonTush
DustinaC
EmeraldCutie
Frisky_kittie
Garden Mommy
gimmesanity
HollyP
horve1
Jamadian75
Javede
JessicaSant
KellyK
Kristinw
ladyindica2000
Mintdee
mks223300
Monzogary
Mulene
Rebecca
Roxtarchic
Sara
sara_jayne
SecksieBrat
Shellebelle216
sogrammatical
Tammy6071
wildforyarn
Yellow VW Beetle
Catownedanna
ToastKing

we are at 41 now! :happydance:

How about 45 now? :rofling:

HollyP
04-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Everybody come play with us! :D The more the merrier!
Time is running out join soon!!!

Angelia
04-28-2006, 11:54 PM
We need to do some recruitin'!

Is there anyway to send a mass pm to everyone? ;)

Friskums
04-29-2006, 01:44 AM
I'm cuttin it close, but I'm in! ^_^

brendajos
04-29-2006, 01:56 AM
we just added two more! wooo hoo!

okay ....as for you people who covered two ranges in your answers....first of all a thump to all yer heads for making me make a decision!....hmph! Secondly i put all of you in the lower price category so if you want to be in the higher you need to let us know!

carollovesyarn
04-29-2006, 05:14 AM
I'm in! Finally! :cheering:

Debbie
04-29-2006, 07:33 AM
I think next time we do this ... there will be HUNDREDS who sign up because they will see all the cool pictures and be very sad they didn't play this time !!!!! I CAN'T WAIT to get my Secret Stasher !!!!

Deeknit
04-29-2006, 09:13 AM
I'm in too.

KellyK
04-29-2006, 09:23 AM
a thump to all yer heads for making me make a decision!....hmph!

I TOLD ya organizing was a "special" experience! :lol:
:heart: :heart: :heart: Thanks for all this, Bren! :heart: :heart: :heart:

dustinac
04-29-2006, 08:19 PM
we just added two more! wooo hoo!

okay ....as for you people who covered two ranges in your answers....first of all a thump to all yer heads for making me make a decision!....hmph! Secondly i put all of you in the lower price category so if you want to be in the higher you need to let us know!

:thinking: umm.. I can't remeber what I said if I did two or not.. pretty much my answers to make your reading long and boring :rofling:

mintdee
04-29-2006, 10:01 PM
Poor Bren! I think that she needs a trip to Panera. I am counting down the days! :happydance:

horve1
04-30-2006, 05:14 AM
BUMP

Angelia
04-30-2006, 08:06 AM
Oh man, how on earth have I missed this particular thread for the last two weeks? :rollseyes: Not that it matters since I'm on the list...but to make our numbers grow, here's the obligatory

BUMP!!

HollyP
04-30-2006, 09:32 AM
Thanks Bren for all the hard work you've done so far! :notworthy: :notworthy:
You're the best :thumbsup:

brendajos
04-30-2006, 10:53 AM
:rofling: i must confess that i am given to fits of hyperbole. i promise it hasn't been that much work as of yet. you all are a very easy group to deal with! ;)

of course that doesn't mean that i couldn't use one of them big panera cookies! :thumbsup:

KellyK
04-30-2006, 11:22 AM
of course that doesn't mean that i couldn't use one of them big panera cookies! :thumbsup:

NOOO! Get a black & white brownie!!! :drool:

rebecca
04-30-2006, 12:53 PM
bump bump

Cristy
04-30-2006, 07:30 PM
bumpity bump bump bumpity bump bump...

(sorry my dd is hooked on the original frosty video right now...)

brendajos
05-01-2006, 12:35 AM
remember...May 1st is the last day to sign up!!!

I think they may be trying to confuse me! Lisa Kay and LisaK both sent their e-mails at the same time! :fingerwag: No trying to confuse Brenda...it just isn't challenge enough for you!

Andrea
Angelia
Beckyrhae
Brendajos
butterflymama
CarmenIbanez
Carolina Red
carollovesyarn
Cristy
Debbie
DeeKnit
DragonTush
DustinaC
EmeraldCutie
Frisky_kittie
Garden Mommy
gimmesanity
HollyP
horve1
Jamadian75
Javede
JessicaSant
KellyK
Kristinw
ladyindica2000
LisaK
LisaKay
Mintdee
mks223300
Monzogary
Mulene
photogirl72
pixywhispers
Rebecca
Roxtarchic
Sara
sara_jayne
SecksieBrat
Shellebelle216
Snephanie
sogrammatical
Tammy6071
wildforyarn
Yellow VW Beetle
Catownedanna
ToastKing

we are at 46 now!

How about 50 now?

brendajos
05-01-2006, 12:36 AM

Andrea
Angelia
Beckyrhae
Brendajos
butterflymama
CarmenIbanez
Carolina Red
carollovesyarn
Cristy
Debbie
DeeKnit
DragonTush
DustinaC
EmeraldCutie
Frisky_kittie
Garden Mommy
gimmesanity
HollyP
horve1
Jamadian75
Javede
JessicaSant
KellyK
Kristinw
ladyindica2000
Mintdee
mks223300
Monzogary
Mulene
photogirl72
Rebecca
Roxtarchic
Sara
sara_jayne
SecksieBrat
Shellebelle216
Snephanie
sogrammatical
Tammy6071
wildforyarn
Yellow VW Beetle
Catownedanna
ToastKing

we are at 43 now!

How about 45 now?

Lisa Kay
05-01-2006, 04:23 AM
Alright, count me in, too!

Nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh?

:lol:

brendajos
05-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Lisa did you email the questionnaire? I don't see it in the e-mail box yet. :??

mintdee
05-01-2006, 09:42 AM
:shock: Wow that is a lot of peoples.

This could get interesting :roflhard:

horve1
05-01-2006, 09:42 AM
And a great big bump! Let's get to 50!!!

Angelia
05-01-2006, 09:44 AM
BUMP!!

Pixywhispers
05-01-2006, 11:03 AM
I woke up this morning thinking yesterday was the cutoff! Sweh! I just sent in my form, oh yeah, woohoo! This is gona be fun!

lisak
05-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Oh, this sounds fun! However, my LYS has been FLOODED! :crying: So, I'll have to venture out to a few different ones around town. I think I can handle that!

I'll be sending in the questionnaire shortly! :D

rebecca
05-01-2006, 11:24 AM
:D COME PLAY WITH US....u will be sorry if you don't sign up...it's gonna be LOTS OF FUN :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Angelia
05-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Oh no--flooded? That's terrible! :(

lisak
05-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Oh no--flooded? That's terrible! :(

I know! I'm not sure how it happened. I haven't been there in a month or so and I just happened to look at their website the other day and they said they had been flooded! We had some bad weather a few weeks ago, but I didn't think it had been that bad! I sent them a note via their website with well wishes. It hurts thinking about all that yarn ruined!

Lisa Kay
05-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Lisa did you email the questionnaire? I don't see it in the e-mail box yet. :??

Yep, I finally just sent it. (I thought I'd be sending it during the wee hours this morning after my original post, but right then my 4-year-old woke up screaming. Just when you think you've picked a time when you won't be interrupted...) :rollseyes:

brendajos
05-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Chalk up another Lisa as a last minute signer-upper! ;)

Okay, here is the list of who we have signed up. Please check to make sure your name is on the list. Everybody SHOULD have gotten an e-mail from us letting them know that we got your message but I have heard rumors that it didn't work for some.

Andrea
Angelia
Beckyrhae
Brendajos
butterflymama
CarmenIbanez
Carolina Red
carollovesyarn
Cristy
Debbie
DeeKnit
DragonTush
DustinaC
EmeraldCutie
Frisky_kittie
Garden Mommy
gimmesanity
HollyP
horve1
Jamadian75
Javede
Jeep_Girl
JessicaSant
KellyK
Kristinw
ladyindica2000
LisaK
LisaKay
Mintdee
mks223300
Monzogary
Mulene
photogirl72
pixywhispers
Rebecca
Roxtarchic
Sara
sara_jayne
SecksieBrat
Shellebelle216
Snephanie
sogrammatical
Tammy6071
wildforyarn
Yellow VW Beetle
Catownedanna
ToastKing

we are at 47 swappers! are you all really sure we want to do this? :rofling:

okay someone talk Cristy down from the roof....we're swappin'! ;)

brendajos
05-01-2006, 12:24 PM

I think they may be trying to confuse me! Lisa Kay and LisaK both sent their e-mails at the same time! :fingerwag: No trying to confuse Brenda...it just isn't challenge enough for you!

Andrea
Angelia
Beckyrhae
Brendajos
butterflymama
CarmenIbanez
Carolina Red
carollovesyarn
Cristy
Debbie
DeeKnit
DragonTush
DustinaC
EmeraldCutie
Frisky_kittie
Garden Mommy
gimmesanity
HollyP
horve1
Jamadian75
Javede
JessicaSant
KellyK
Kristinw
ladyindica2000
LisaK
LisaKay
Mintdee
mks223300
Monzogary
Mulene
photogirl72
pixywhispers
Rebecca
Roxtarchic
Sara
sara_jayne
SecksieBrat
Shellebelle216
Snephanie
sogrammatical
Tammy6071
wildforyarn
Yellow VW Beetle
Catownedanna
ToastKing

we are at 46 now!

How about 50 now?

Pixywhispers
05-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Brenda,

I know your a busy woman. But um, I was wondering why my name wasn't capitalized on the list?

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Just kidding.

Angelia
05-01-2006, 12:31 PM
I'd duck if I were you, Candace ;)

brendajos
05-01-2006, 12:35 PM
Brenda,

I know your a busy woman. But um, I was wondering why my name wasn't capitalized on the list?

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Just kidding.

cuz you were so late! :rollseyes:

Pixywhispers
05-01-2006, 12:39 PM
:oops:

brendajos
05-01-2006, 12:55 PM
:rofling:

honestly i TRIED to do everybody's name as it appeared on this site but more than a few got away from me I am sure.

Pixywhispers
05-01-2006, 01:15 PM
I am so excited that the cut off was today and not yesterday! So I'm just giddy and goofy today. heh, I'm a very easy going person, real go with the flow type of gal, I was just being a goofball. I thought you needed a laugh. :)

Brenda you are such a trooper for putting this together! And Mindtee too!

rebecca
05-01-2006, 01:36 PM
:cheering: :happydance: Many, many thanks to bren & sandra for putting this together :happydance: :cheering:

Danielle
05-01-2006, 01:41 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

horve1
05-01-2006, 02:10 PM
There have to be 4 more people on this board who want to have fun! Let's go 50, 50 let's go! Clap, clap, clap!

horve1
05-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Absolutely thanks to them! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

(And by the way - BUMP!)

brendajos
05-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Let's go 50, 50 let's go! Clap, clap, clap!

:rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

rebecca
05-01-2006, 03:02 PM
bump some more..............

Angelia
05-01-2006, 03:21 PM
and a little more... :happydance:

carollovesyarn
05-01-2006, 04:14 PM
:waving:

rebecca
05-01-2006, 05:04 PM
:D bump bump ;)

Danielle
05-01-2006, 06:46 PM
*bumpity bump*

Danielle
05-01-2006, 06:47 PM
*bumpity bump*

Angelia
05-01-2006, 07:12 PM
bumpie bumpie bump :happydance:

carollovesyarn
05-01-2006, 08:21 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart:

rebecca
05-01-2006, 09:03 PM
bump baby ;)

rebecca
05-01-2006, 09:03 PM
bump

Cristy
05-01-2006, 09:11 PM
I *KNOW* today is only the 1st but I'm checking my email like a mad lady to see who I get.... :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I CAN'T WAIT!!

brendajos
05-01-2006, 09:22 PM
okay you are gonna make yourself crazy. I PROMISE there will be no names given out until Sunday night at the very very very earliest. breathe...it's gonna be a long week at this rate...

mintdee
05-02-2006, 12:13 AM
:roflhard: no kidding Bren. You ladies have to let us get together first. ;)
Do not worry we will post the names on May 10th so that you can keep the feeling of waiting.

*gonna go dodge the needles that will be flying my way after the above comment.* :roflhard:

brendajos
05-02-2006, 01:35 AM

Okay, here is the list of who we have signed up. Please check to make sure your name is on the list. Everybody SHOULD have gotten an e-mail from us letting them know that we got your message but I have heard rumors that it didn't work for some.

Andrea
Angelia
Beckyrhae
Brendajos
butterflymama
CarmenIbanez
Carolina Red
carollovesyarn
Cristy
Debbie
DeeKnit
DragonTush
DustinaC
EmeraldCutie
Frisky_kittie
Garden Mommy
gimmesanity
HollyP
horve1
Jamadian75
Javede
Jeep_Girl
JessicaSant
KellyK
Kristinw
ladyindica2000
LisaK
LisaKay
Mintdee
mks223300
Monzogary
Mulene
photogirl72
pixywhispers
Rebecca
Roxtarchic
Sara
sara_jayne
SecksieBrat
Shellebelle216
Snephanie
sogrammatical
Tammy6071
wildforyarn
Yellow VW Beetle
Catownedanna
ToastKing

we are at 47 swappers! are you all really sure we want to do this? :rofling:

brendajos
05-02-2006, 01:37 AM

Andrea
Angelia
Beckyrhae
Brendajos
butterflymama
CarmenIbanez
Carolina Red
carollovesyarn
Cristy
Debbie
DeeKnit
DragonTush
DustinaC
EmeraldCutie
Frisky_kittie
Garden Mommy
gimmesanity
HollyP
horve1
IrishBaby
Jamadian75
Javede
Jeep_Girl
JessicaSant
KellyK
Kristinw
ladyindica2000
LisaK
LisaKay
Mintdee
mks223300
Monzogary
Mulene
photogirl72
pixywhispers
Rebecca
Roxtarchic
Sara
sara_jayne
SecksieBrat
Shellebelle216
Snephanie
sogrammatical
Tammy6071
wildforyarn
Yellow VW Beetle
Catownedanna
ToastKing

we are at 48 swappers! are you all really sure we want to do this? :rofling:

IrishBaby
05-02-2006, 06:01 AM
Is it too late for me? If so, that's OK. :)

Angelia
05-02-2006, 07:30 AM
okay someone talk Cristy down from the roof....we're swappin'! ;)[/quote]

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

brendajos
05-02-2006, 08:10 AM
hurrrrrrrrrrrrry up! send in your questionnaire!

horve1
05-02-2006, 08:30 AM
"we are at 47 swappers! are you all really sure we want to do this? "

HELL YEAH!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Debbie
05-02-2006, 09:43 AM
me! :waving: me! me! :waving: me! Me first!!! Me first!!! :waving: :waving:

rebecca
05-02-2006, 10:28 AM
:cheering: :cheering: Yeah, baby.....let's swap :cheering: :happydance:

photogirl72
05-02-2006, 11:36 AM
:balloons: :sunny: :D

I'm so excited I want to run out and check my mail box right now. Hahaha!

This will be the first time that I've ever participated in anything like this. I've got the shakes so bad I can't hold onto my needles and I can barely type. I haven't been this excited in a very long time. LOL!

mulene
05-03-2006, 10:30 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :XX: :XX: :cheering: :cheering: woooowoooo the swap is awn!

Cristy
05-03-2006, 12:35 PM
AHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! The suspense is killing me...

I have been SOOOO busy at work that I've hardly been on this site the past few days but I still manage to check this thread and my secret email account!!!

Don't worry..I"m not trying to rush you bren...I just can't wait!!!

JessicaSant
05-04-2006, 11:37 PM
I didn't get an email confirmation --- can you send it again? (my name is on the list above though :D )

Thanks!

rebecca
05-05-2006, 10:45 AM
:D I saw some yummilicious yarn when I was out of town...perfect for the swap.......but........I didn't get it bc I didn't know if my swapee would like the color ;)
I'm so ready to begin....I have such yummy ideas :thumbsup:

sara_jayne
05-05-2006, 10:51 AM
That has been the hardest part for me too Rebecca! I have so many wonderful ideas but I don't know what colors to get!! This will be so much fun!! :happydance: Thanks Bren & Mintdee for doing this!!

HollyP
05-05-2006, 07:23 PM
I woke up this morning realized it was May 5th and my next thought was only 5 days until the Yarn Swap!! :happydance:

I can't wait!!

mintdee
05-05-2006, 11:10 PM
So. Close. To. Sunday. Can't. wait. much. longer!

Angelia
05-06-2006, 08:54 AM
It's. killing. me! :rofling:

horve1
05-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Going to LYS today. Wish I could buy for the swap, but ... (as above).

Aww, gee...... That means I'll have to stop again on my way home from work some day this week.

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

rebecca
05-06-2006, 11:04 AM
:D Yeah, baby...it's gonna be fun, fun, fun :cheering: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance:

Danielle
05-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Is it time to get our pals names yet?!?!?

rebecca
05-07-2006, 01:51 PM
:D I believe they are getting the names ready today :cheering: :cheering:

Danielle
05-07-2006, 02:13 PM
I can't wait!!
:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

rebecca
05-07-2006, 02:42 PM
I can't wait!!
:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

I know...it's going to be such FUN!! I've got several ideas, I've seen such luscious yarns that I want to send :D

Angelia
05-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Oh, me too, Becka, me too!

It's almost time!!! :happydance: :happydance:

mintdee
05-07-2006, 04:05 PM
hehehe I can hear the squeals of excitement from here! Patience young ones for Bren and I get together tonight!

:happydance:

I find it rather funny that there is 11 pages of people waiting for Bren and I to send out names :roflhard:

Debbie
05-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Give my name to Rebecca or Sara Jayne ;)

Angelia
05-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Give my name to Rebecca or Sara Jayne ;)

:shock:

What are the rest of us, chopped liver???

:rofling:

Emeraldcutie
05-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Would it be okay to swap yarn as a kit? the local shop where Iam at, has the cutest kits with bamboo needles, yarn and all the parts to make some really nice things. Just an idea??

Debbie
05-07-2006, 08:39 PM
I changed my mind ... I want Angelia .... no no ... emerald cutie .... or maybe ..... oh man .... I guess it is best to do the hat draw thingy :)

rebecca
05-07-2006, 08:46 PM
:D Ya'll (lol...we) are too funny....JUST READY TO GET OUR NAMES :D

Danielle
05-07-2006, 09:14 PM
I wonder if brenda & mintdee are working on it yet......

Will we get the names tonight I wonder?!? :thinking:

beckyrhae
05-07-2006, 09:20 PM
The women at my LYS are just as excited about this as I am... LOL

They have been helping me molest all the yarns and make a list of what to send ... that will be the next tough part...

First this wait for a name then Second PICKING a yarn... :rofling: