PDA

View Full Version : ot: A BIRD STORY

VictoiseC
04-15-2006, 05:23 PM
OMG!!! (I forgot to add the story to my bunny post)

Really, tell me what you would have done! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

We drove upstate last night and got to our house later than usual. Very tired. We plopped down on the couch and lit a big fire in the fireplace like we always do....

we went and got a drink and sat down. About 10 minutes later,
we hear this noise and A BIRD FALLS DOWN THE CHIMNEY, THROUGH
THE FIRE, AND ROLLS OVER AND IS SITTING THERE IN FRONT OF US.

It like took a few seconds to register, we almost cooked a bird.
My DH ran downstairs and got a cat cage while I tried to soothe the bird with words... we pushed it into the cage with a cloth, took it out on the front porch. P. says 'it's feathers are singed' so I touched its tail feathers and they were a little burnt, and I'm like scraping off ashes or whaterver and it made a fuss so we went back inside.

Yikes. We watched it jump down onto the front yard, then after awhile it made its way under the pine tree. It wasn't there this morning or any feathers to show a struggle with another animal... of course.. that could have happened. I figured if it survived the smoke damage and being in shock it would shed those tail feathers after awhile. Right?

Also, it was so weird because it wasn't one of the little brown birds, or a well, any bird we have ever seen on our bird feeders, it was this really beautiful large brown speckled bird, so different, almost as big as a pigeon but wonderful colors....f

Man it hurts to hurt a creature. Wonder what a vet would have done.

:rollseyes:

rebecca
04-15-2006, 06:31 PM
I'm sure that it was fine after surviving the initial shock, as u said ;)

Ingrid
04-15-2006, 06:35 PM
:shock: What a surprise! I'm also sure the bird managed to at least get into the tree. I'll have to say that's a one-of-a-kind-story, for sure.

Virtuella
04-15-2006, 07:08 PM
:shock: