PDA

View Full Version : Notes & Fortune Cookies for Lonnie

rebecca
04-17-2006, 07:05 PM
:D I often put notes in Lonnie's lunch. I decided that I would knit a couple. I did these some time ago, but he brought them home today & I was able to get some photos.
I designed the BORN TO IPOD cloth (he has several Ipods, he does music, I knit ;) ), the xox lips pattern from the lovely girls @ knitwits-heaven (http://knitwits-heaven.tripod.com/), they have a great selection of cloth patterns :D
I used Lily's Sugar & Cream & size 6 addi's :D

Ingrid
04-17-2006, 07:10 PM
You are tooooo sweet! :heart:

loveswildflowers
04-17-2006, 08:45 PM
That is just so nice. What a cute way to send a note to those you love.

kemp
04-18-2006, 09:33 AM
Those are so cute! I may have to "steal" your idea and do one for Jim.

AnreeAce
04-18-2006, 09:43 AM
:heart: :heart:

Aaaaaawwwwhhhh! Those are just too sweet.

What a wonderful thoughtful thing to do...

I may need to start designing a couple for my DH.

sara_jayne
04-18-2006, 09:58 AM
How cute!

rebecca
04-18-2006, 10:51 AM
:D Thanks, everyone! I must say that they were a big hit, he loved them. He left them at work for all to see for a couple of months before he brought them home.
The next time I knit something for his lunch it will be the Fortune Cookies (http://indigomuse.blogspot.com/2006/01/felted-fortune-cookies_30.html) that were posted on here...thanks for the idea ;)

margie
04-18-2006, 11:09 AM
Now, that is just too cute!!!! Thanks for giving me a sweet idea, Rebecca! I just might have to do a few of those for my DH. :heart:

rebecca
04-18-2006, 11:35 AM
U r certainly welcome! I promise, your dh will love them :D I was going to wait a while before doing the fortune cookies, but I think I might just go do a couple now, so I can slip a note :eyebrow: or 2 in Lonnie's lunch this week ;)

feministmama
04-18-2006, 12:35 PM
From what I hear, Lonnie deserves such wonderful treatment (and you deserve sucha wonderful husabnd as Lonnie). *sigh* I wish I had someone like that. :rollseyes:

mulene
04-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Those are great. Now I just need to find a partner to give those to :roflhard:

rebecca
04-18-2006, 02:57 PM
:D Ya'll are so sweet, thanks so much :D Femi, u r so right...Lonnie is a sweetie, thanks for saying so :D Mulene, we'll just have to pray u get that partner soon...thanks a bunch ;)
I just quickly knit up a few of the fortune cookies & will felt them after the laundry is done...then I will stick some note :eyebrow: in Lonnie's lunch sooner than I thought! I rarely do another project when I'm already working on one, but it was time for a bit of mindless knitting...BOY, it's weird knitting with size 10.5 needles after using 0 & 1 for a month :shock:
Happy Knitting All ;)

Amber
04-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Too cute!!

Rennagayle
04-18-2006, 03:33 PM
What a terrific idea! My dh likes it when I occasionally slip a sweet note, or a piece of candy into his lunch. He's not much of a sweeteater (weird, I know), but he appreciates the thought. Maybe a non-edible fortune cookie would be the perfect little something. :D

mulene
04-18-2006, 03:57 PM
:D Mulene, we'll just have to pray u get that partner soon...thanks a bunch ;)

hehe beginning to think I'm gonna need all the help I can get! Maybe I'll get to meet someone across the yarn department in John Lewis... our eyes will meet and then we will fight like hell to get the yarn out of the bargain bin that we both want :roflhard:

rebecca
04-18-2006, 04:48 PM
:D Mulene, we'll just have to pray u get that partner soon...thanks a bunch ;)

hehe beginning to think I'm gonna need all the help I can get! Maybe I'll get to meet someone across the yarn department in John Lewis... our eyes will meet and then we will fight like hell to get the yarn out of the bargain bin that we both want :roflhard:

U r too funny!! I found that after my divorce I didn't want to have anything to do with a man, i was happy with me. Well, 17 years ago next month I ate those words when I married the man of my dreams :inlove:

mulene
04-18-2006, 06:04 PM
U r too funny!! I found that after my divorce I didn't want to have anything to do with a man, i was happy with me. Well, 17 years ago next month I ate those words when I married the man of my dreams :inlove:

hehe much the same for me. I've been hrm evading men for a few years now. I did meet the man of my dreams but he turned out to be commitment phobic.. well he was to me but the girl he dated after me he married :doh:

I had a near escape with a much younger chap recently, he lives in NH and long distance ones don't work well. If only I'd taken up Knitting again last summer, I could have dragged him round the yarn shops in NH when I visited him in the autumn :rofling:

KellyK
04-19-2006, 08:43 AM
Becca, you and Lonnie just make me giggle. You are ALWAYS so sweet to each other. Do ya EVER argue??? :heart:

rebecca
04-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Becca, you and Lonnie just make me giggle. You are ALWAYS so sweet to each other. Do ya EVER argue??? :heart:

Oh, yeah, but rarely, and when we do, it's neverending bc we both are always right, we end it with laughing at the entire argument bc it's always something stupid and totally not worth arguing over :roflhard: :rofling:

rebecca
04-19-2006, 01:12 PM
:D I knit & felted these fortune cookies (http://indigomuse.blogspot.com/2006/01/felted-fortune-cookies_30.html) yesterday afternoon. They dried overnight...fasting drying that I've ever experienced with felting :shock: of course, also the smallest things I've ever felted :D I then seamed them up today & put fortunes in each one & voila!
I knit these with scraps of WOTA & Karaoke, I knew I'd have a need for leftovers one day ;)
I found that the smaller size worked out better for my purposes...which will be popping in Lonnie's lunch the rest of this week, possibly next :D They were a fast, satisfying knit ;)

Toast King
04-19-2006, 01:16 PM
They're so cool! Really cute idea :D

sara_jayne
04-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Those fortune cookies are great!

mulene
04-19-2006, 01:33 PM
:shock: those look great! Wow Lonnie must love his lunches =D

rebecca
04-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Thanks, ya'll :D I just hid the orange one away in the kitchen, so I can secretly pop it in his lunch ;)

Pixywhispers
04-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Those are so sweet.

Danielle
04-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Great job on everything! I need to make the iPod cloth for me! :thinking:

rebecca
04-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Great job on everything! I need to make the iPod cloth for me! :thinking:

Thanks everyone :D

I will look for the graph & write up the pattern in the next day or 2 if u want the pattern, let me know :D

Fudgie
04-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Ahhh, those r so sweet :heart: :thumbsup: ! did u just use knit an purl to get the different levels?