PDA

View Full Version : Visited a new yarn shop today!!

Celine
04-17-2006, 07:11 PM
A knitting friend of mine took me today to a yarn shop in Saratoga, NY called "Saratoga Needle Arts". Wow!! :cheering: :cheering: IT's the best one I've been in yet. I saw SO many beautiful yarns and many hand dyed. They even had some that were already beaded!! I had no idea you could buy pre beaded yarns. :inlove:

I saw a knitted bag that I fell in LOVE :heart: with. I kept circuling around it and then back to it and then back to it again and then I just knew I HAD to knit one. The bag is called "Himalaya Tote. Its from www.JustOneMoreRow.com . As I said the yarn in the picture online is NOT the one I got. That yarn is a bit ....shabby looking. The one they knitted in the store is nicer in my opinion and thats the yarn I choose.

I bought the pattern all the yarn and the handles. The yarn I chose is a Noro Kujaku. It has flecks of of color in it and of course the yarn itself is multi colored. I also bought the light wooden colored handles to go with it. I spent a lot more than I intended to but I'm so glad I got it all. :D

Now I HAVE to finish up two other knitting projects then I will begin this one. :XX: :XX:

rebecca
04-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Isn't it just GLORIOUS to find a new LYS?! I love the bag...can't wait to see your FO :D

Celine
04-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Well I finished my gd's socks so I started on the handbag today. So far so good. Seems pretty easy so far. I LOVE :heart: this yarn!! :XX: :XX:

Rennagayle
04-18-2006, 07:59 PM
What fun! I've only ever been in one yarn shop, and my first trip there was just a couple of months or so ago. I wish I lived near them, but then again, it may be a good thing I don't. :rollseyes:

When my dh and I go on vacation this summer, I plan to look at the yarn shop map indicator and see if there are any along our way. I'm sure he'll be thrilled when I inform him we'll be hitting any and all yarn shops along the way. :roflhard:

roxtarchic
04-19-2006, 01:50 PM
my first yarn shop visit... (was in Woodstock VT on vacation) was what started the whole d@mn thang.... i just wandered in (dbf was golfing) & it was just soooo full of things, and textures, and colors... and i just couldnt resist

i think a LYS makes you feel special... part of something special.... and while michaels & the other chain craft stores all have their place & their benefits... it's the LYS that makes me go... WOAH... i can DO THAT

haha

roxtarchic
04-19-2006, 01:51 PM
my first yarn shop visit... (was in Woodstock VT on vacation) was what started the whole d@mn thang.... i just wandered in (dbf was golfing) & it was just soooo full of things, and textures, and colors... and i just couldnt resist

i think a LYS makes you feel special... part of something special.... and while michaels & the other chain craft stores all have their place & their benefits... it's the LYS that makes me go... WOAH... i can DO THAT

haha