View Full Version : boiled wool?

04-19-2006, 09:22 AM
I've seen jackets in catalogs and in stores that are called "boiled wool" jackets. Yes, they look as if they'd be warm. Now after the neverending clog stuff I was wondering if these are what we knitters call felting.

04-19-2006, 09:57 AM
I think it is.. I was wondering that myself and just thought that must be felting. Since picking up the needles again I must admit to looking at *everything* with a new eye. I look at those lovely wool coats and am sure they are felted too ;)

In fact.. lookie here! http://www.sew-whats-new.com/boiledwool.shtml sounds like felt to me ;)

04-19-2006, 10:43 AM
I must agree, sounds like felting to me ;)

04-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Seems to me that boiled wool is just a particular method of felting... it sounds more upscale! :lol: