PDA

View Full Version : FYI

Nikki
04-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Beware of Debby Ware kits. No kidding. I bought this-http://www.debbyware.com/product.aspx?sku=HCS-and it's noting but a headache. I finished it last night. I frogged it once, ended up at my LYS for help with the gauge and they were scratching they're head too. Calls for a size 4 needle, ended up using a 7. Barely enough yarn to finish and..........

Just so you know,
Nikki

Mienna
04-19-2006, 09:36 AM
I've never bought any kits before, but I was wondering if I'd run into the same problem because I usually have to change needle size for most of the patterns I've done just to get the right gauge. Thanks for the heads up. :)

rebecca
04-19-2006, 10:45 AM
I would think that it would be hard to guesttimate the exact amt of yarn that every knitter would need for a kit :?? Although, I've never bought a kit, I do see a couple of kits that I want from WhiteLiesDesigns.com, though :thumbsup:

Mienna
04-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Very true, there are some beautiful kits on that site. :inlove: :inlove: I also saw some really pretty shawl kits at the lys.

aylaanne
04-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Just so you know, a 4mm needle is a size 6, so maybe it's just a typographical error? And aren't you not supposed to have a lot of extra yarn with a kit? IDK. I don't expect I'll buy any kits, myself. But thanks for the heads-up anyways.