PDA

View Full Version : Yay! I'm a knitter!

wends
04-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Yesterday I finished my first practice piece. It's a square with a picture of a kitty. This is the pattern I followed: http://www.knittingknonsense.com/catcloth.html

I did mine in red. Sorry I have no pic, but I'm at work and my modem at home died so I couldn't post the pic from there.

But, YAY! I can knit! :XX: Binding off was way easier than I thought it was going to be. Now I have to move on to decreasing and increasing. That kinda scares me.

mulene
04-19-2006, 09:54 AM
congrats! =D That looks really cool!

bethie
04-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Wends-
Yeah! I recently just started knitting too! I was so excited once I learned the knit and purl stitch. for me, the purl stitch was a bit tricky but once I stumbled upon this awesome website with free videos, I got it!

Currently I am making a scarf for my dog child. But thanks for sharing the knitted cat cloth link. My folks have a cat and with Mother's Day coming up, this would make a cute, thoughtful gift......

Yesterday I finished my first practice piece. It's a square with a picture of a kitty. This is the pattern I followed: http://www.knittingknonsense.com/catcloth.html

I did mine in red. Sorry I have no pic, but I'm at work and my modem at home died so I couldn't post the pic from there.

But, YAY! I can knit! :XX: Binding off was way easier than I thought it was going to be. Now I have to move on to decreasing and increasing. That kinda scares me.

rebecca
04-19-2006, 10:42 AM
:cheering: :cheering: YIPPEE & CONGRATULATIONS to u both!! I love meeting new knitters....welcome & be warned, knitting is addicting ;) :thumbsup:

wends
04-19-2006, 10:52 AM
:cheering: :cheering: YIPPEE & CONGRATULATIONS to u both!! I love meeting new knitters....welcome & be warned, knitting is addicting ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks guys! It is so fun. I'll be going to a craft superstore this weekend and I can't wait to stock up on things.

Rebecca, I'm so addicted, lol. I want to make everything I see. :D

And how much do I love this gal? -> :XX:

bethie
04-19-2006, 11:58 AM

Yes I was just telling a few of my co-workers (non-knitters) about knitting the scarf for my dog child and how I was going to make the washcloth above and they kept saying look at her eyes, look how excited she is. And I am very excited to have this awesome hobby/passion that women have been doing for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years. It makes me feel girlie and connected the past and present.

Bastelmutti
04-19-2006, 12:27 PM
That's a great pattern, and one of the first things I knit, too. I use her dishcloths as presents for kids - they make great washcloths for the bath if you use cotton.

rebecca
04-19-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm very happy that u 2 are enjoying knitting so much :D It's a lot of fun, very relaxing, and in the end...u always have something beautiful that you made with your own 2 hands :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX:

Celine
04-19-2006, 06:05 PM
wends, thank you for sharing that great website!! I never saw any of those blocks before. I saved it. thanks again. :XX: :XX: :XX:

knittingachiever
04-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Woo hoo! :cheering: :cheering:

It's so good to meet new knitters who are as enthusiastic as we are!

kemp
04-19-2006, 06:43 PM
That's great! Congrats on your first project.

Cristy
04-19-2006, 08:43 PM
welcome and congrats on your project completion! :)