PDA

View Full Version : You are not gonna believe this.

butterflymama
04-20-2006, 10:25 PM
I almost did not believe it and it was happening to me! WEEEEE! So excited still and it happened hours ago. Okay. So let me calm down to tell ya all about it. Whew.

So I ordered some Opal sock yarn from Diva Knitting because I know she is from here, saw her awesome prices and could not resist. While I was there I was drooling over everything, especially her stitch markers. Such beautiful jewels! I went back and forth on whether to get them :devil: or not :angelgrin: and finally decided to wait until I had more fundage. :( Sigh. So, a mere 3 days later my package arrives. YAY! :happydance: I open up the package expecting to meet my Opal. And yep, there it is in all of its glory. :D

http://static.flickr.com/1/132151580_8ec0322568_m.jpg

But then I see another small thing all wrapped up. What is that I ask myself? :?? I rip it open and what do I see? What do I SEE? :shock:

Oh. My. Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://static.flickr.com/47/132151579_20610a478c_m.jpg

Beauty. Perfection. It was at that point that I started jumping up and down! My dh thinks I won the lotto or something...finds out its stitch markers and feigns excitement for me. BUT OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! :inlove:

And then I think...did I order them and totally block it from my memory out of guilt? :?? I check the invoice. No! THEY WERE FREE!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

FREE :shock: :shock: :shock:

:happydance: More jumping up and down at this point.

Can you believe it? I mean....really...I never get free stuff. Neva Eva!!!!! And free jewels? :shock: Good Lord have mercy! :cheering:

I just had to share. That just made my whole day! YAY!!!!!!!! :happydance: :cheering:

CateKnits
04-20-2006, 10:34 PM
:inlove: Beautiful! I would have been just about as excited, but I have to admit I started giggling while reading this. :roflhard: See, it really IS the little things that make us happy!

knitqueen
04-20-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm sharing in your excitement!! :cheering: :cheering:

aylaanne
04-20-2006, 11:17 PM
*waits for kemp to post an oops message* :roflhard: :roflhard:

Just kidding, congratulations!

mks22300
04-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Lucky you! They are very pretty :inlove: . I was giggling to when I read this! :lol:

Jan in CA
04-21-2006, 12:08 AM
That's wonderful! Kemp is such a sweetie! And that yarn!! :inlove: :inlove:

Andrea
04-21-2006, 04:09 AM
I :heart: Opal yarn!!
*runs to Kemp's store*

KellyK
04-21-2006, 08:49 AM
That Kempy..... isnt she just the BEST?? :heart:

kemp
04-21-2006, 09:12 AM
:blush: :blush: :blush: Awww shucks!

Don't go running there just yet though...my hosting company just sent me a message saying the *(#&%*_!! server is down! Disappointing since I just switched to them a week and a half ago. Darn technology.

Danielle
04-21-2006, 09:44 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
Beautiful yarn & markers! :thumbsup:

kemp
04-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Whew...it's back up now...which is good because I have work to do :)

cozy
04-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Ooooooo, how nice! Ditto, CateKnits, it is the little things, isn't it?

mulene
04-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Lovely! :cheering:

Ronda
04-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Well, that was super nice!!! :cheering:

rebecca
04-21-2006, 11:10 AM
:D YIPPEE!!! Love, love Opal yarn, Kemp has special ordered some solid pink Opal yarn for me :D I can see the future....all Opal sock yarn comes form DivaKnitting.com :cheering: :cheering: Of course, she has LOTS of other cool things, too! AND, will be perfect for the YARN SWAP :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: I just love, love those st. markers, too! Our Diva...she's too sweet ;)

skNYC
04-21-2006, 04:52 PM
So what really happened? Kemp, that was nice of you...did you know she wanted them?

kemp
04-21-2006, 05:04 PM
I just like to give my customers an extra little "goodie" when I can. Especially my first customers :)

geekgolightly
04-21-2006, 11:19 PM
kemp you have the Diakeito Diamusee!! there were three balls at my LYS and i snatched them up on the day i lost my mind and bought everything beautiful, and i love love love them! my favorite buy so far, but i cant decide what to do with them, do you have any suggestions?

for anyone who hasnt touched this yarn or seen it in person, it is much softer than noro and the colors make me swoon.

i have color 39 which is similar to 41 shown here over at divaknitting (http://www.divaknitting.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=44)

butterflymama
04-22-2006, 01:09 AM
Hi, Im an Opal addict from wayyy back...love the socks i do.

So what did you do with the yarn? Love that color what is that one called?

Rhy :XX:

Ok, and kewlness about the free gift too..Wohoo..we love FREE

Its called Fish and I plan to make me some lovely socks. :heart:

butterflymama
04-22-2006, 01:10 AM
for anyone who hasnt touched this yarn or seen it in person, it is much softer than noro and the colors make me swoon.

*covering my ears so as not to be tempted* La la la la. I can't hear you!

:lol:

mks22300
04-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Drats! I can't seem to get to Kemp's store! Is anyone else having problems or is it just my server?

kemp
04-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Nope...it was my stupid server! It had trouble two days ago which is really frustrating since I switched to this one especially to get more speed/options for the store. Apparently someone in China has been blocking the hppt thingie...not exactly sure what it all means, but not good! Anyway, it appears to be back up for the moment. I apologize for the inconvenience!

Nikki
04-22-2006, 09:08 PM
WONDERFUL! I went to the site and looked, and my oh my oh my oh my, the sneeze yarn is there. What's a woman to do?
Nikki