PDA

View Full Version : FO - Kitty Pi!

CindyH
04-22-2006, 02:03 AM
Here's a kitty pi I just finished for my kitty Nermal using extra Knitpicks Sierra I had. I used an eyelash yarn I found on sale at Michael's which I can't remember the name of. The pi was pretty weird looking and humongous pre-felted, but it came out nicely after 2 cycles in the washing machine.

I haven't seen Nermal sleep in the kitty pi yet, but he did spend 2 minutes lying in it before (while I took pictures furiously). :lol:

Jan in CA
04-22-2006, 02:18 AM
my kitty Nermal

OMG! That is hilarious that you named him Nermal! :roflhard: :roflhard:

That bed is cute! Rub a little catnip into it and he'll love it quickly! :roflhard:

Andrea
04-22-2006, 04:47 AM
:heart: Nermal!!! :heart: GREAT name!!

I really want to make this, but I'm afraid the kitties will pee in it! It looks so cute!!

Virtuella
04-22-2006, 05:58 AM
I love it!!!!!

rebecca
04-22-2006, 06:47 AM
:D Love it & I'm sure that Nermal does, too....when u aren't looking ;)

Fudgie
04-22-2006, 06:52 AM
WOW! I would knit one, had I got a pet! :lol: :thumbsup:

AKchick
04-22-2006, 08:39 AM
I love it, and his name Nermal! I have thought about making my kitty something for herself, but I think she enjoys bugging my husband by sleeping as close as possible to him to sleep anywhere else.

Danielle
04-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Cute! Great colors! :thumbsup:

glomper
04-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Both the kitty bed and the puss are gorgeous. I have 4 smelly cats and am thinking of making a bed or 2 although I suspect my daughter would nick it for her toys. :D

Ingrid
04-22-2006, 07:29 PM
I've got one of these partially finished. Seeing yours makes me want to get going on it again. Great job!

aylaanne
04-22-2006, 08:57 PM
I adore this! Great job!

sara_jayne
04-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Cindy it looks great! Nermal is a cutie!

CindyH
04-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Thanks everyone! I like his name too, although half the time, people don't know where it's from and think it's a really weird name. Also, now I kind of want a "Garfield" to keep him company - and I also think it would be hilarious if Garfield was the younger kitty and Nermal was the bully, hehe.

Andrea, I was afraid Nermal would pee in this too (because he peed in the bed I bought for him), but so far so good!

Jan, I couldn't find Nermal's bag of goodies, but thankfully, he is voluntarily using the bed..yay!

Here's some new pics of the filling in the kitty pi ;)
2nd pic is kind of blurry cuz of the zoom..didn't want to wake him up!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-23-2006, 06:48 PM
That's great!!! Nermal is adorable!

spooky
04-23-2006, 06:49 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !!!! Looks like your meow meow really likes it !!!! What a cute KITTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amber
04-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Awwwwww. So cute! The bed came out great and it looks like Nermal loves it!

Andrea
04-24-2006, 04:33 AM
Ohhhhhhhhh he loves it :heart: :heart: That's great!!!

nicolethegeek
04-24-2006, 01:07 PM
That looks so cool! I better not let my daughter see it or she'll have me knitting one for her hamster! :rollseyes:

CindyH
04-24-2006, 02:27 PM
That looks so cool! I better not let my daughter see it or she'll have me knitting one for her hamster! :rollseyes:

lol, at least it would be a quick knit~

nicolethegeek
04-24-2006, 02:35 PM
lol, at least it would be a quick knit~
Ya, it would be... but to be honest, I'm not sure if the dyes and such in the wool would be good for her hamster... mebbe as a "bed" for when she takes it out of the cage! :thinking:

Cristy
04-24-2006, 05:12 PM
cute!!!

spooky
04-25-2006, 01:58 PM
nicolethegeek wrote:
That looks so cool! I better not let my daughter see it or she'll have me knitting one for her hamster!

You know what would be a cool idea for a hamster bed. Take one of those large Easter eggs from you daughter that had like Runts or Nerds in it. Pop it open and make a cozy for one of the halves. I would think the ham ham would love it. Although, he'd probably enjoy eating it too lol.

nicolethegeek
04-25-2006, 02:15 PM
... I would think the ham ham would love it. Although, he'd probably enjoy eating it too lol.
That's my main concern, her eating it. That's why I was thinking of something for when my daughter has her out of the cage.

spooky
04-25-2006, 03:41 PM
maybe you could make something out of like ..... what is it called???.... tweed???? that real scratchy thin rope my dad always used lol. I'm sure you could find some at lowes or home depot or somewhere in wally world and make your ham ham like a chew toy. I don't think that would hurt her if she gnawed on it. :D

jodstr2
04-25-2006, 04:19 PM
:heart: Cindy - great job! congrats! :heart:

my kitty has yet to use her kitty pi. she sniffs it once in a while but has yet to step in it :rollseyes: .

nicolethegeek
04-25-2006, 05:29 PM
maybe you could make something out of like ..... what is it called???.... tweed???? that real scratchy thin rope my dad always used lol. I'm sure you could find some at lowes or home depot or somewhere in wally world and make your ham ham like a chew toy. I don't think that would hurt her if she gnawed on it. :D
I'll have to get her to search online to see what kinds of fibres and such the hamster can't have... the only thing I know so far is that she can't have cedar shavings. As for finding it at WM, that's not a prob since I work there! Between the craft dept, and hardware, I'm certain I could find something. And if I can't stand knitting with it, I can always pull out a crochet hook... now where did those things go??? :?? :?? Not gonna mention that I crocheted for over 15 years before picking up knitting needles 2 years ago!!!

Editted to add an apology for thread hijacking! ;)

CindyH
04-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Jodi - maybe you can do the catnip rubbing that Jan suggested. I couldn't find Nermal's, so the first day, I threw treats into the kitty pi to lure him in. I guess cats have different bed preferences anyhow...Nermal seems to like the kitty pi, but he definitely prefers his usual bed (half on my shoulder half on my face); whereas my brother's cat prefers cat beds.

Nicole - not a problem at all! I say go for it with the hammy bed - who says only cats and dogs get to have all the knitted presents! :P

KellyK
04-27-2006, 08:22 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Its like a KITTY TACO!! :rofling:

CindyH
04-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Its like a KITTY TACO!! :rofling:

LOL, so true~
And now I have a craving for a real taco... :lol:

Skater
04-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Awwww! What a beautiful kitty, and what a beautiful bed!
Seeing this, and remembering how my tabby loved lying on my new felted bag last night makes me think it would almost mean as much to her as kitty treats if I make her one of her very own.