PDA

View Full Version : I am SO proud of me - first project completed!

bethie
04-24-2006, 09:10 AM
I so wish I had a digital camera, but I completed the kitty dish cloth on http://www.knittingknonsense.com/catcloth.html (another member had posted this link). The cloth came out so soft and nice.

I visited my local yarn store (http://www.mainstreetyarns.com/) and bought real yarn! Ooooh it was ssoooooooooooo nice; much better than that yucky yucky acrylic yarn I was practing with that I bought at Michael's. I bought some 100% mercanized cotton yarn. One of the yarns, a nice cornflower blue color, said it called for size 8 needles, but I cast on and completed the cloth on size 7 needles. It took a bit of time, time over 3 days, probably cuz the yarn was a bit big for needles, but it came out so nice!

I working on the dog cloth now, using yarn that says it should be one size 6 needles but am casting htem on the same size 7 needles. This is going sooooooo much faster. I'm already almost halfway done. I think I may knit a bit "tight" so giong up a needle size to a 7 with the size 6 yarn has helped a lot!

Am giving the cat cloth to mom and the dog cloth to my MIL for mother's day. Will also made some stripped handclothes with the leftover yarns for them too!

-Beth

cozy
04-24-2006, 09:11 AM
I'm excited for you! Isn't knitting great?? That's a cute pattern, too. Congrats!!

kemp
04-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Congrats on your first project! The cat pattern is very cute. If you don't have a digital cam, you could always go to one of the photo places that will put them on disk for you. We are a very visual group here...we love to see what everyone's doing :)

wends
04-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Ohh, that was me, lol. Wasn't it a fun pattern? Great for practicing purling and knitting too. I hope we can see your finished product one day. :thumbsup:

rebecca
04-24-2006, 10:27 AM
:D Congrats on your 1st project!!! Sounds like the :XX: bug has bitten you ;)

mulene
04-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Grats! Nice first project to do too :XX:

knitqueen
04-24-2006, 10:56 AM
You should be proud! Way to go! :cheering:

nicolethegeek
04-24-2006, 12:10 PM
YAY!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: