PDA

View Full Version : Preemie Project

*KnitPixie*
04-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Hi everyone as a member of the preemie project, which was talked about before on this forum. I would like to ask my fellow knitters on kh to help us out. We are in dire need of big blankets for the babies. We have a quota to meet :rollseyes: We can not do it alone :crying: Is there any way that any of you can knit or crochet in any pattern some 6x6 squares for a good cause. Please... :pray: The idea is that I will gather squares made by numerous people and sew them together to create beautiful, much needed blankets. So instead of everyone taking all of that time to make a blanket ( some people just cannot which IS totally ok) we would just take a little time to make a 6x6 inch square, you can be creative. Any questions don't hesitate to ask

Shandeh
04-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Hi there. I can make some squares. What kind of yarn? Where do I mail them?

Ingrid
04-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Sounds like a great carry-around project for me. Do's and don'ts for yarn would be good, and do they have to be exactly 6 inches or can we go with what we get within reason? (half and inch or so)

*KnitPixie*
04-25-2006, 11:55 PM
Thank you so much :cheering: Carolina red and Ingrid you don't know how much of a help this would be to us :heart: We are aiming for around 6 inches so that when they are put together it is easier ...but I'm sure an around about thing would be fine. Just aim for 6x6 if you can. Also any pattern or style is welcome. Simple or elaborate. You see the idea is that we will roundup angels such as yourself and collect 6x6 squares from them and try to collect them till we get enough to make up a blanket within the preemie project measurement guideline. If they are 6x6 inch squares it will take about 36 of them to make a large baby blanket. I will PM you with the address. Oh about the yarn anything soft. Caron's simply soft, bernat softee, bernat coordinates, ..baby yarns..anything that is not scratchy, please remember preemies are very sensitive so acrylic is usually used for them to avoid any allergies and it is easy to sanitize and clean.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

AnreeAce
04-26-2006, 01:21 AM
You can count me in!

I'll start casting on tomorrow when I get home from work! Just so happens I have a bunch of Simply Soft in my stash...

Ingrid
04-26-2006, 07:58 AM
I made a little diagonal garter one yesterday--boy that was fast and easy to measure for 6 inches. I've brought some other yarn with me today in case I have a chance to knit. It's too hard to try to work from a pattern when I'm out and about, so these are perfect.

Nikki
04-26-2006, 08:29 AM
I'm in. I bought some Simply Soft to see how it knits up. This will be the perfect project. (AND do something besides clogs for a bit) Let me know where to send them.
Nikki

Anya
04-26-2006, 08:29 AM
Sure. I know I've got some baby yarn kicking around here some where. PM me the addy to send them to. When is the deadline?

Lisa Kay
04-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Count me in! I'd love to help out.

Just PM me the necessary info.

Thanks!

*KnitPixie*
04-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Thank you everyone for all your offers to help us out :cheering: I am ecstatic to see all the replies. I will PM all who are interested and give them the address. There is NO deadline. I will be collecting as long as I am a part of The preemie organization which hopefully will be a long, long time ;) So any free time you have please keep it in mind. It is a great way to use up your stash and for a great cause as well. I myself knitted one a day last week back and forth on the bus :lol:

Update: Hey guys I just realized something there are 6 of you that are willing to help me and the babies so far.. so if each of you made 6 - 6x6 squares we could make a big preemie blankie :happydance: Isn't that awesome!

Good luck everyone and have fun :XX:

Ingrid
04-26-2006, 08:36 PM
I've got one done and one on the needles, so when I get a small pile, I'll send them along. Please send me your address. They certainly go fast!

Anya
04-26-2006, 08:37 PM
I've got a few done, and this last one was with a new yarn... yeah, it's too big, but it will make a nice washcloth I bet!!

Rennagayle
04-26-2006, 08:37 PM
I just saw this, but you can count me in! I have to get booties and hats made for three different baby gifts first (everyone's having babies!), but then I'll be free to work on your project.

*KnitPixie*
04-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Hey everyone I pm'd all of you so check your mail and I'm so glad your squares are coming along and fast :D Keep up the good work and thank you all so very much.. won't it be so interesting to see what the finished project will look like ( I mean with everyone's different squares combined) :lol: :drooling:

Jenelle
04-26-2006, 09:48 PM
I've been working on a lot of different stitch techniques lately. Thanks Aimee for bringing this up.

Aimee if you need any help with the squares just give me a hollar :)

It takes 36 squares to complete a full baby blanket.
Here (http://thepreemieproject.com/pages/7/index.htm) and here (http://thepreemieproject.com/pages/28/index.htm) are some things that might help you all out while making the squares.

momwolf
04-26-2006, 11:38 PM
You can count me in too!!!!!!!!!!!Can you send me your adress?This will be fun.I love knitting for Preemie projects!

humblestumble
04-26-2006, 11:50 PM
I want to help! It will kick start me back in gear to knit more. :heart: :XX: :happydance: Plus, I always wanted to help out with the world. I have some caron simply soft I can use.

*KnitPixie*
04-28-2006, 12:41 AM
Thats two more helpers :cheering: We have a total of 8 people willing to help out! I am so proud :lol: Thanks guys

** I pm'd humblestumble and momwolf as well ;)

Rennagayle
04-28-2006, 01:34 AM
I haven't received a PM from you yet. Did you see my post? :waving:

Rennagayle
04-29-2006, 02:44 AM
Oops. Never mind! :blush: I received notice of a private message in my box, tonight. When I went to view the new message, I saw there was a message below it from you, knitpixie. Somehow I missed the notice of it. :doh: :oo:

mAnneS
04-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Please send me the information where to send the squares as I would like to knit some also!

*KnitPixie*
04-29-2006, 11:34 PM
Make that 9 people :cheering: Meaning we all would donate 4 squares each to make one big blanket for a preemie baby..Come on guys we can do it :thumbsup:

Ingrid
04-29-2006, 11:38 PM
I've got three made already. I was going to work on more through the next week and then send a stack off to you.

*KnitPixie*
04-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Ingrid thats great ;) Thanks so much.. Take your time though there is no rush..Im just glad we have people helping

Ingrid
04-29-2006, 11:47 PM
It's nice not to have a deadline, but the size makes it so easy to whip them out. I've been going through my stitch pattern books and marking patterns with repeats that would fit--it's fun to play with the different patterns but not have to commit to a huge project.

*KnitPixie*
04-29-2006, 11:54 PM
Yea its fun isn't it :D I have alot of hope for this little project.. I think it will be fun to post a pic of it on here when it is complete ( everybody's squares put together) :lol:

Shandeh
05-04-2006, 12:09 PM
OK, I've finished 5 so far, and I'm working on more. I'm using some hot pink worsted weight yarn, so they are bright!

Lisa Kay
05-04-2006, 12:14 PM
So what types of stitch patterns is everyone using for their 6-inch squares? I'm looking for ideas...

*KnitPixie*
05-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Carolina Red they are so beautiful and....what a pretty color pink :inlove: Keep up the good work :happydance: I know we can do this guys.

Lisa Kay I am using dishcloth patterns for my squares ;)

Anyone else have any pics of their squares I'd love to see them :thumbsup:

CarmenIbanez
05-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Would you be willing to take a different size square? I actually have a whole bag of squares left over from another blanket project I worked on last year. My squares are 9" x 7" and I have enough that you could probably do one or two whole blankets out of them. Would you like them?

Jan in CA
05-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Count me in! (I just saw this post) Is there a time limit? Can you use extras if you end up with too many?

Carmen, if that size won't work it's perfect for this. I've made several out of some less desirable yarn and am saving them for the next trip to Michaels.
Warm Up America (http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=20146)

CarmenIbanez
05-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Since you mention it, that is exactly what they are leftoever from. I taught a knitting class to the teachers at my school last year and had them all make squares (or rectangles as the case may be) for WarmUp. After I assembled the blankets, I had a grocery bag leftoever that I have been meaning to take to michaels. I just thought I'd offer them up here first.

*KnitPixie*
05-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Yes I would gladly accept the bag of blanket squares you have ;) I Will post a pic of the blanket I make out of them once it is complete, so you can see the finished project. Thank you so much for all your help

*KnitPixie*
05-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Jan I pm'd you with the proper information to join us in our preemie project ;)
oh.. there is no time limit and yes extras would be put to good use. You see we actually make more than blankets so if I had extras and there was not enough of them to make a blanket I would make a bereavement pouch.
Have fun :XX:

mAnneS
05-06-2006, 06:36 PM
I've just been making up my own patterns :) I taught myself knitting last July and have been using this site and a book for learning. I did my first square in stockinette. For my second square I k5, p3, k5, p3, k11, etc. The edges aren't nice and straight so I think maybe I shouldn't have p3! It is an interesting pattern that looks like a modern art piece. The third square I did p5, k5 with garter edging. I just started my fourth one and am going to use the same p5, k5 but switch every 5th row. It's been fun experimenting . . . and for such a worthy cause!

*KnitPixie*
05-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Thank you so much for putting your heart into your squares :lol: It is fun experimenting and it is such a great cause!! Think of all the families we will be helping :thumbsup:

**Hey everyone I was thinking of making up a little contest for appreciation? What does everyone think?? Im not sure about the prize yet because I am only a college student which means limited spending $.. However :thinking: I was thinking maybe for every 4 squares donated that individuals name will be put into the drawing once to win a mystery surprise :happydance:

AnreeAce
05-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I'll speak for myself...

Please don't think that you have to hand out prizes for this work. I'm making my squares to send because I want to help young families, and because you asked for my help. It feels so wonderful just knowing these can be made into something which might bring a little comfort. I think that's prize enough.

I remember what it's like to be a student on a limited budget... I'll bet you stretch things just to keep yourself in yarn and needles! You don't have to put more strain on your finances.

I'm not being very articulate tonight, so I'm sorry if this isn't coming out too well, but that's my $.02 worth.

Ingrid
05-07-2006, 09:49 AM
I agree--speaking for myself, I don't need a prize to do this. The prize is doing something I love for a good cause. ;)

Anya
05-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Nope- I don't need a prize either- My DD was preemie, and the blanket we received meant a lot to me. She had other blankets- but that one is special- she still sleeps with it, too. So, I just want to give back- I've been meaning to do a blanket, but I just have so little time. The squares sound just right for me- I can whip some up during naptime, well, if I'm not down for the count as well, lol. So, the $$ you were going to put towards a prize, get something to pamper yourself- after all, it's your idea to go forward with this venture- and you need a pat on the back for that- thanks for motivating me to follow through with my intentions.

JessicaR
05-07-2006, 11:46 PM
I've been running out of steam for the summer, maybe this is a good down time project.

Can "Peaches and Cream" work for squares? Does it wash up well?

*KnitPixie*
05-08-2006, 01:02 AM
Thanks guys :lol: I just felt so grateful and fortunate to have you all that I thought it would be a nice gesture ;) You really are a great group of people :heart:

Peaches and cream would work I guess :thinking: but I would stick to softer acrylics because it might but I'm not sure......hmmm.. be to rough.

If your still interested let me know and I'll send you the info.

JessicaR
05-08-2006, 09:12 PM
Yes, please do!

*KnitPixie*
05-08-2006, 09:44 PM
I pm'd you with the info JessicaR ;)

abby001
05-19-2006, 12:18 PM
I've got four squares done and will do more but wanted to requested a PM with the address to send them to.

Are you buried in squares yet?

Thanks for taking this on. I know your efforts will be appreciated by the parents of the sweeties who receive these blankets.

Jan in CA
05-19-2006, 12:28 PM
Just wanted to let you know I've started some squares, too. When I get several I'll send them off to you. :happydance:

*KnitPixie*
05-21-2006, 01:11 AM
Thanks everyone ;)

Are you buried in squares yet?

No Abby, actually I havent recieved any squares yet :oops: but hopefully I will get some soon.
Also I pm'd you with the address. Thanks so much for helping and for applauding my efforts for this great cause :lol:

Jan in CA
05-21-2006, 02:16 AM
I think most, like me, are trying to get a bunch of them done before sending. Some of us are doing them in addition to other stuff, too. I'll try and send some off next week.

*KnitPixie*
05-21-2006, 02:18 AM
Thanks Jan thats what I thought was happening. ;) Thanks for reassuring me though

Ingrid
05-21-2006, 09:04 AM
I've been working on one or another just about every day when I have a period at work when I can knit. I've got them in scattered places, so I'm not quite sure how many I have, at least 6.

You haven't been forgotten. ;)

*KnitPixie*
05-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks everyone for helping me through this project ;) Oh and remember everyone I am not rushing you or anything. There is not cut off point or no deadline for this. I just wasn't sure if everyone forgot, but now I realize that is not so :roflhard: Thanks all :thumbsup:

mAnneS
05-24-2006, 06:55 AM
I sent six squares to you yesterday :)

*KnitPixie*
05-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks I recieved your squares today and I pm'd you ;)

Jan in CA
05-25-2006, 11:42 PM
I have five done. When I finish the sixth I'll send them off! :happydance:

Jenelle
05-26-2006, 01:04 AM
I've been trying to find a pattern for a 6" square... any ideas? :thinking:

Ingrid
05-26-2006, 09:52 AM

I've done a few where you just start at the corner and increase--like the washclothes and baby blankets. You end up with diagonal stitches, and it's easy to get to six inches on the edge and then start decreasing.

For others, I figured out by trial and error how many stitches to cast on to get 6 inches on the particular yarn and needles I'm using and then found stitch patterns that had a ratio that would fit. I've had to restart on some, but I think the most I've had to cast on is 30-something, so it's not that big a deal.

Jan in CA
05-26-2006, 02:39 PM

Ingrid's repeating herself. :lol: I've been doing them diagonally because it's so easy to measure and I can do them quickly..which means more squares. :lol:

To do them diagonally I co 3 and turn. Then k1, kfb on next stitch and knit to end. I follow that till I have about 6 inches. Then to decrease I k1, k2tog, then knit to end and turn. When I get to three stitches I bind off.

Ingrid
05-26-2006, 04:20 PM
:?? Whatever do you mean, Jan? :shifty: My ultimate mod power is to delete duplicate posts. ;)

When I do the diagonal thing, I knit one, yo, knit across. On the way back I p2tog, yo, knit 2 together, knit across. You get an eyelet on the edge.

Jan in CA
05-26-2006, 04:29 PM
:?? Whatever do you mean, Jan? :shifty: My ultimate mod power is to delete duplicate posts. ;)

When I do the diagonal thing, I knit one, yo, knit across. On the way back I p2tog, yo, knit 2 together, knit across. You get an eyelet on the edge.

:roflhard: I've done the NEBB method, but not that one. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!

*KnitPixie*
05-26-2006, 07:30 PM
I am so glad that everybody is having fun experimenting with this project. :happydance: :XX:

Jan in CA
05-28-2006, 10:39 PM
I've got about 8 done now and working on another! They are just simple garter stitch diagonals in various yarns from baby to worsted, but they should work. I'll be sending some this week! :cheering:

*KnitPixie*
05-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Yay more squares can't wait :cheering:

Shandeh
05-29-2006, 02:45 AM
I've been making squares all over the place. I carry a bag of them in my car so I can work on them at stoplights, or take them into restaurants and knit while I'm waiting for my order. I also work on them during the sermon at church. So far, I've made 5 hot pink, 5 lime green, and 1 yellow. It's fun!

Celine
05-29-2006, 10:48 AM
:cheering: Am I too late to join in this?? I'd be happy to knit up some 6x6 squares of soft yarn. Please let me know!! :rollseyes:

knitaddict
05-29-2006, 11:36 AM
As of this morning, I've run out of yarn for all my current projects (except the golf club covers from which I desperately need a break) so I could knit up a few. I've got a ton of Bernat Baby Coordinates in a pale, pale lavendar that I could use. :) I'll start making some today.

Jan in CA
05-29-2006, 11:50 AM
:cheering: Am I too late to join in this?? I'd be happy to knit up some 6x6 squares of soft yarn. Please let me know!! :rollseyes:

It's an ongoing project so knit away! ;)

*KnitPixie*
05-29-2006, 05:07 PM
It is never too late to start knitting some 6x6 squares ;) Jan is right it is an ongoing project. You can either knit or crochet the squares, or do both so have fun and happy knitting :XX: You see I am collecting squares, so far I have recieved 6. Once I recieve enough for a large preemie blanket ( 36 squares) I will put them together add trim and voila!! a much needed preemie blanket is made from some wonderful, kindhearted people. I will then take a picture and post it on the whatcha knittin section of kh where all of you can view the finished project. For all of you who are wondering. I am doing this project because as a member of The preemie Project organization I was told that because they take long to make ( large preemie blankets) we do not recieve enough to meet our donation quota. So as you see every lil square helps us acheive our goal. I would knit alot of squares but right now I myself am going through a non- communicable virus that makes you have arthralgia and myalgia pain. So I am limited in my abilities at this point :rollseyes: That is why I called on all of my friends at kh to help me out :heart: :lol:

knitaddict
05-30-2006, 12:22 PM
UGH! Now I remember why I have so much of the Bernat Baby Coordinates leftover - I CAN'T STAND IT!!! :doh: I might have to wait to join in on this until I get something else to work with. I tried last night and think I frogged the square about 10 times before I finally just cut it off the ball and threw it away.

Jan in CA
05-30-2006, 12:40 PM
Ack..is that the stuff that's like a baby homespun?

Jenelle
05-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Bernat coordinates is like baby homespun, but in a much smaller size.

It would be okay if they didn't have that darn silver stripe running down it. It always splits for me and I end up getting tangles. :rollseyes:

knitaddict
05-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Bernat coordinates is like baby homespun, but in a much smaller size.

It would be okay if they didn't have that darn silver stripe running down it. It always splits for me and I end up getting tangles. :rollseyes:
Exactly!! Not only did I keep splitting the yarn, but I tried 4 different size needles and it still looked so loose and cheesy. I felt like it looked like it had been knitted by a 4 year old. Yuck!!

Jenelle
05-30-2006, 01:18 PM
I find that coordinates works best using size US 5 knitting needles.

But if you want an easy pattern, just cast on 2 or 3 stitchs, incease until it measures 6in, then start to decrease until you have the number of stitches that you casted on, and BO.

figaro
05-31-2006, 03:53 PM
Hi, I would also like to help out on this project. It would actually be my second (just finished a small scarf for my daughter).

Could you please PM the needed info? Thank you

Debbie

Jan in CA
05-31-2006, 07:53 PM
I mailed my 12 squares today, KnitPixie! :cheering: I sent them priority mail so they should get there in a 3 or 4 days. :cheering:

*KnitPixie*
06-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Figaro, I mailed you the ipreemie project square nformation ;)

As for Jan in CA I recieved your squares today they are sooo nice and soft. What yarn did you use for the white + pink squares? What size needle did you use? :D I am in :inlove: with them. I keep feeling them over and over :rofling: I keep rubbing them across the back of my hand.Great job :thumbsup: and again thank you soo much!
xoxo
Aimee

Jan in CA
06-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Oh boy... I know the white was Bernat Softee Baby, but I'm not positive what the pink was. It was just some I had leftover, but if I think of what it was I'll let you know.

The purple was Cotton Tots and I wasn't thrilled with them, but I figured maybe if you had enough squares of worsted weight they would be okay. The mixed one.. I ran out of yarn. Hopefully you can still use it.

abby001
06-02-2006, 08:53 PM
I just finished 20 squares and will mail them tomorrow. They are in Baby Coordinates soft turquoise (mint green to my eye). It isn't the most fun yarn to knit with but one of the Michael's stores I shop at was clearing them out for $1 per skein!

Thanks for requesting our help, KnitPixie. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Shandeh
06-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Golly, I wish MY Michaels was selling them for $1 a skein! I'd buy tons for charity knitting!

knitaddict
06-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Abby - what needles and pattern did you use? I have a ton of that yarn & everything I've tried just looks cheesy. :)

*KnitPixie*
06-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Ok everyone I have 18 squares so far:
12 from Jan in CA
and
6 from mAnne$

As soon as I recieve thirty six I will put them together to make a gorgeous blanket. I will update this post when I get more squares, that way everyone knows where I stand.

Jan: do not worry I will use EVERY square including the two-colored one.

Thanks everyone for contributing and happy :XX:

ToledoKnitwit
06-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Wow! I'd like to help out! As the mom of a preemie, who will turn 10 next month, this will mean so much to me! (My son weighed one pound and 12 ounces when he was born, and spent 3 mos. in NICU before coming home at 4lbs, 6 oz)

June 12 I leave with my students for a bus trip to Washington DC. Something mindless to knit all those hours will be perfect. :XX:

Send me the info, please. I know I have Caron Simply Soft at home I can use up.

Jan in CA
06-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Are you all doing them diagonally? If not what size, yarn, needles and how many stitches are using to get 6 in? Just need a starting point and some variety. ;)

Ingrid
06-05-2006, 04:55 PM
I could have sworn I posted a response. I wonder where it went?

I've been carrying around some kids sport weight yarn and size 6 needles. I average 32 st to get 6 inches, but I tend to knit tight.

I use a stitch dictionary and pretty much play with the stitch count ratio thingy and see what I can fit and still have stitches for at least a three-stitch edge. Here are some pictures I took of the ones I had handy. I have a few other diagonals floating around. I hope that seaming takes care of any wonkiness, because if I have to block them, I doubt they'll ever get sent. :rollseyes:

Jan in CA
06-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Cute ones, Ingrid! All mine have been diagonals. :lol: It's just so easy to measure!

KnitPixie, I have another dozen done and will send them off next week with whatever I can get down between now and mailing. ;)

abby001
06-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Abby - what needles and pattern did you use? I have a ton of that yarn & everything I've tried just looks cheesy.

Hey, who's to say mine don't look cheesy?! Certainly not me! I think the drape of this will work nicely for a baby blanket.

Using size 5 or 6 needles and between 32 and 35 stitches I made at least 3 of the following:

garter stitch
stockinette stitch with garter stitch border
four rows stockinette alternating with four rows of garter stitch with garter stitch border
one each of B, A, B, Y from a website I found that had the pattern (not sure this was worth the trouble in this yarn as the letters don't show up very well)
There were others but they're too hard to explain.

It took less than 2 skeins of Baby Coordinates to make the 20 squares. I included the leftover yarn for use in combining the squares. Not sure if it'll be needed but she has it if it is.

Hey, Ingrid--very cute. I especially like the foot prints. :heart:

*KnitPixie*
06-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Hey everyone I have a total of 39 squares :thumbsup: I am now putting them together to make a nice blanket ( I will incorporate a little bit of everyone's squares in it). Great job everyone :inlove: They are all so nice.

Just thought I would share this:

LOL I was arranging the squares in a kind of pattern to create the blanket and my boyfriend got into it, he started changing around what I did to create his own pattern...it was soo funny :D and cute all at the same time :rofling: He had his tongue out he was concentrating so hard on it.. :roflhard:

Jan in CA
06-14-2006, 02:32 PM
I have 20 more to send and will do so this week. :D I think I'm squared out now. :lol:

nadja la claire
06-15-2006, 09:47 AM
I guess I'm kind of late for this, but if there is still room for me I'd love to do some squares and I can talk to some of my knitting buds. I've got loads of Simply Soft and Bernat Soft Boucle.

Nadja

Jan in CA
06-15-2006, 10:35 AM
I guess I'm kind of late for this, but if there is still room for me I'd love to do some squares and I can talk to some of my knitting buds. I've got loads of Simply Soft and Bernat Soft Boucle.

Nadja
It's ongoing so please join in!

kellyh57
06-15-2006, 06:02 PM
I've been looking for a project to do with some yarn I bought and can't find a use for. It's pink baby soft so it's perfect! I need a small project too :) I was looking all over to find something close to me to donate a blankie to, but couldn't find anything close so I'll just join in here and mail them off!

I'll be starting on mine today!

Kelly

LOVES2Knit2011
06-24-2006, 12:46 AM
please count me in i can whip up like 25 in a day!

Shandeh
06-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Well, I finally decided that I'd better just send what I've made so far. I just keep losing initiative here. I mailed 6 hot pink and 5 lime green to you today. Those should add some color to your set!

Jan in CA
07-01-2006, 12:25 AM
I've got 20 more to send as well. I just haven't gotten out much since I broke my toe..it's still sore! :evil:

Shandeh
07-01-2006, 05:49 AM
Bless your heart, Jan! I hope you get better! :(

*KnitPixie*
07-02-2006, 08:48 PM
I just wanted to let everyone here know... I am waiting for a few more different colored squares before I make a blanket ;) So I did not forget and I just want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me with this project and also to all of those who plan on helping me make blankets for these precious babies :heart: :lol: :heart: THANKS SOO MUCH

ohhh and Jan I hope your toe feels better, hang in there

Ingrid
07-02-2006, 09:10 PM
:doh: I keep forgetting to send mine. Things have been a bit 'distracting' around here, but I will get them to you. :thumbsup:

Blessed
07-07-2006, 04:45 PM
As a mom of 2 preemies, I would love to give back. Count me in. Y'all have no idea how special it is to get one of those blankets for your baby in the hospital. It is something soft and warm in a very sterile, cold place. I treasure the blanket and hat each of my boys got.

Shandeh
07-24-2006, 01:38 AM
Did you get everything you needed for the preemie blankets?

koolbreeze
07-24-2006, 10:08 AM
i wanna do some!!!!!

i'll have to read the whole thread to see whats up!

*KnitPixie*
08-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Hey everyone!! I just wanted to let you know I recieved a good amount of squares and have begun putting them together to create blankets for the babies. Thank you all sooo much :muah: Please be patient as I have intermittent hand pain and sometimes am forced to take a break when they really bother me :pout: ..even if I dont want to. Hope to have some blankets to show you guys soon :teehee:

Kaylee Chenille
08-29-2006, 08:14 AM
Is this still going on? I would love to help out with this! As a new knitter I seem to specialize in 6x6" squares. Lol

And if it still is going does it matter if te squares are knit with two strands of yarn?

Ingrid
08-29-2006, 11:06 AM
:wall: I KNEW there was something I forgot to do!!! I'm glad you're not sitting around going :tap:

LoAnnie
08-30-2006, 01:22 PM
If this is still ongoing, I would love to help out. Just send me an adress to send them to, and I'll get on it.
LoAnnie

jberry16
08-31-2006, 06:43 PM
pm me the address and I'll start on them too. My daughter was born preemie and I didn't get anything :( My cuz just had a set of twins 7-12 at 24weeks and they weighed 1#5oz and 1#6oz and were 12" long...One has passed due to internal bleeding, the other one is 6 weeks old and now weighs 2# 13oz and is 14 1/2" !!!
How'd you get started on this project? Do all NICUs have preemie projects or take donation hats, blankets, booties etc?

*KnitPixie*
10-16-2006, 04:41 PM
Hi, everyone :hug: I have recieved many (48 to be exact) beautiful, bright colored squares from all of you. I have been trying to make these blankets but truth be told I have had little success :wall: I was actually instructed by a doctor to take a break from knitting do to hand pain. I still sneak it a little( small booties and the like) but apparantly took on a lot of work too soon in the recovery process. I was wondering if any of you would mind if I passed the squares onto a preemie project member whose primary role in the group is to knit or crochet these squares into blankets for the babies. The squares are very much appreciated and would be used for the same purpose. We are in great need of these squares and if anyone would still like to participate please let me know. She will post pictures of the finished product on our member site. When they are finished I will post the finished photo on here for all to see. Please let me know if any of you have any objections. I wouldn't want to upset anybody. You have all been very helpful and it is not your fault it is mine. I took on to much too soon :pout:

jberry16
10-16-2006, 07:03 PM
go ahead, and take it easy!

Jan in CA
10-16-2006, 07:19 PM
It's the final result that counts so go for it! Hope you feel better soon! :hug: