PDA

View Full Version : i hate running out of yarn!

XbelovedXoneX
05-06-2006, 09:09 AM
So I'm working on a modified Booga bag with WOTA in hollyberry, spruce, and grass. I just ran out of hollyberry midstripe! Arrrrgh. So now I have to order more online and wait for it to come! Poo. I don't mind too much if I don't get the same dyelot. It's a beginner project so any variances in color will just add character! :rofling: I just want to keep working on it! But this gives me an excuse to order some sock yarn for when I finally decide to persue that new skill...

Ingrid
05-06-2006, 09:24 AM
It's annoying when you run out of yarn mid project, but it does give you a guilt-free excuse to start something new. Its a shame you had to order more yarn, though. :--- I think it's always good to 'round out' orders with a little extra. ;)

Rhyannon1970
05-06-2006, 09:29 AM
I too hate running out of yarn..and if you HAVE to have the same dyelot then its a total nightmare!!! :(

In highschool(before I learned that i love to knit) I asked my Mum to knit me this sweater...it was to DIE for :heart: , anyways, she ran out of yarn & it is now with me in a bag incomplete...I would so love to finish it but the yarn is no longer around(thats why my Mum couldnt finish) seems she got the very last bunch...wish there was something i could do..

Rhy :XX:

kemp
05-06-2006, 09:32 AM
I believe there is a place on ebay that you can list a yarn that you are looking for...if you happen to remember the name of the yarn, maybe someone out there has a few random balls in the back of their stash.

XbelovedXoneX
05-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Well I ordered 2 balls of KP sock yarn Dancing in the Jig colorway to round off my order. My husband will ask me why I ordered it since I've never knit a sock yet, and frankly I'm rather scared to try. :shock: But it was on sale! Isn't that reason enough?? :rofling:

kemp
05-06-2006, 09:56 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: YES! That is enough of a reason :)

Rhyannon1970
05-06-2006, 10:01 AM
I believe there is a place on ebay that you can list a yarn that you are looking for...if you happen to remember the name of the yarn, maybe someone out there has a few random balls in the back of their stash.

Wow, Im an avid Ebayer and never thought of that, do you really think that people might have some kicking around since the late 80's???? :shock:

Oh that would soooo make my....my...my....YEAR :D
Rhy :thumbsup:
Thanks so much for the tip!

kemp
05-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Here is the link: http://pages.ebay.com/wantitnow/about.html

You can list what you want for free.

Rhyannon1970
05-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Thanks sooooo much!

I'm on it & believe me, if i can actually find someone with some of this stuff out there I'll be hollering from the rooftops..haha.

The sweater is almost completed...just need alittle.

Rhy :happydance:

Rhyannon1970
05-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Ok, i've posted a want it now...I didnt put a picture on there though, do you think I should..i know that when im surfing i dont look at the ones without a picture...what do you think?

Rhy :thinking:

rebecca
05-06-2006, 10:23 AM
:( running out of yarn stinks!! I just ran out last week, too! LOL, I did the same thing u did...bought lots of extra yarn :thumbsup:

nicolethegeek
05-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Having SABLE several times over is a SOMETIMES preventative medicine to the illness of running out of yarn! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Ingrid
05-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Having SABLE several times over is a SOMETIMES preventative medicine to the illness of running out of yarn! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

I certainly qualify for SABLE, but I did run out for a project last week. Of course, I ordered more than I could possibly need to finish. ;)

nicolethegeek
05-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Why is it that no matter HOW much yarn you have in your stash, you still end up buying more? I picked up some Bernat Satin and some LB Fun Fur to make Lissa a cardigan yesterday on my way out of work! :rollseyes:

Ingrid
05-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Why is it that no matter HOW much yarn you have in your stash, you still end up buying more? I picked up some Bernat Satin and some LB Fun Fur to make Lissa a cardigan yesterday on my way out of work! :rollseyes:

It's an illness, and I have a chronic case. I bought two big batches of yarn this week! I really don't need it, regardless of what anyone says or what I tell myself. It's just so satisfying. :rollseyes:

Denise in Michigan
05-07-2006, 12:49 AM
do you really think that people might have some kicking around since the late 80's????
I have some kicking around from the early 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflhard: