PDA

View Full Version : Picture of First sock in progress! Updated pictures!

Secksiebrat
05-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Well I received my DPNs last week and had some worst weighted yarn laying around so I thought I'd take the plunge and try my hand at socks. I'm using the pattern from the silver's sock online class. I frogged it many many times and finally last night I just got it. I didn't get very far as it was midnight when I finally figured out what I had been doing wrong so at 12:30 I made myself put it down! So here it is. Sorry the picture isn't very great!

http://www.cypressriverkennels.com/sockinprogress.jpg

I hope to work on it more in a little bit, it just depends on my son (almost 20 months) and my cat, who has found a new interest in my yarn!

~danielle~

Mama Bear
05-08-2006, 11:56 AM
I have had a 20 month old or near take an interest in my knitting a few times... it usually means reinserting needles!

Worsted weight makes nice slipper socks. I love working with DPN's :) Great start.

Mama Bear

Mama Bear
05-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Sorry for the double post.. don't know what happened.

rebecca
05-08-2006, 12:06 PM
:D WTG, Danielle :D I know u are a future socknitting addict bc u stayed up late until u got it figured out & then couldn't put it down...this is evidence of the future addiction ;)

Secksiebrat
05-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Yes I am really enjoying it! I thought I would try some slipper socks first since it would be easier to see the stiches, knit quicker and I wouldn't feel so bad wearing them around the house with "glitches". After doing some research I realized I was doing a YO and making another stitch, that's what my problem was before. I wasn't moving the yarn correctly when I went to purl.

I definitely enjoy it, just wish my son would let me get going. Oh well, nap time is at 1! Not too much longer!

Thanks ladies for the replies!

~danielle~

nicolethegeek
05-08-2006, 01:06 PM
YAY!!! Another sock addict... er knitter!! is born! Congrats on getting it figured out. That yarn looks like the same stuff that I made a pullover for Alex with... RH Kids?

Secksiebrat
05-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Actually mine was just a cheap old "Red Heart" Color Banana Berry that my mom got me a long time ago and I love the colors and thought, why the heck not! No reason to buy anything nice or expensive for my first pair of socks!

~danielle~

kemp
05-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Cool! I love the colors of your yarn :)

Danielle
05-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Looks great! :thumbsup:

loveswildflowers
05-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Looks great so far! Way to go. I admire you for jumping into the socks. I have still been afraid to try them. Maybe this summer when I get a break from teaching! :-)

Duckling326
05-09-2006, 01:05 PM
looks great! Love the colors. I'm so addicted to making socks especially baby or toddler sizes. Can't wait to see a finished sock!

Secksiebrat
05-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Here is some updated pictures! I stayed up late again last night I managed to turn the heal. Now I'm working on bringing it all together! I hope to finish it today if my son cooperates!

rebecca
05-09-2006, 02:56 PM
:D That's a good looking heel :thumbsup:

Amber
05-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Nice job! It's looking great! I know how it is trying to knit with little ones around (I have a 4 yo and a 10 month old). I hope your son takes a nice long nap today so you can finish your sock! :D

RachelJean
05-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Looks great. Isn't it fun when it actually starts to look like a sock.. :happydance:

loveswildflowers
05-09-2006, 07:15 PM
I am totally impressed! I love your avatar, BTW too cute! I may have to take inspiration. After all - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!! ;)

Angelia
05-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Your first sock looks fantastic!! :thumbsup: