PDA

View Full Version : Denise Needles. Big Issues.

ladyindica2000
05-30-2006, 03:40 PM
I know this should probably go under the Denise thread, but I am so frustrated, I wanted to share and hopefully get some feedback asap. I have had a set of Denise needles for just over a year now and have used them constantly in that time. When I first got them, I thought they were totally perfect, now, I am not so sure. As time has gone by, they have become easier and easier to unlock from their cords to the point that they are coming apart every row that I knit. Has anyone ever had this happen? It's driving me crazy. I have had to start so many projects over because they unravel so much before I can get them back onto the needles.

Any ideas? I have a call into Denise, but I wanted to see if anyone had heard of this happening before.

Trish

ladyindica2000
05-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Ok, update-- after reading the big long Denise thread, I realized that they are actually supposed to make a "click" noise when you turn them. Mine don't and never have. So, I think that is the problem, but I am so happy to report that I spoke with someone at Denise and she has asked that I send them back and she will send out a new kit!! Yahoo!! I am sooooo happy that I could jump up and down!!!

Yet another reason to LOVE Denise!!! They have the best customer service ever!!

Celine
05-30-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm so glad that you got satisfaction from the Denise company about your needles. :cheering: I got my set a week ago and I have been using them every day since I got them!! I am amazed how nice and strong they seem to be while I am doing all this knitting. I've used the size 11's and am using the size 6's constantly and both are very sturdy and strong. But it's nice to know if a problem should arise that they will "keep us happy". I too LOVE this whole set. :inlove:

I have a few Bamboo needles and really thought I loved them...but I really like my Denise even more. Smooth like butter!! lol :XX: :XX:

kemp
05-30-2006, 04:27 PM
So glad to hear you had a good experience with them. I've never heard anything but good things about their customer service!

Jan in CA
05-30-2006, 05:52 PM
Glad you got it all straightened out and it's good to know they offer such good customer service!

I'm thinking of ordering another set soon... :shock:

mintdee
05-30-2006, 08:20 PM
I am thinking a set of them are in my future as well. Altho I do so love my needlemaster set. :doh:

snowbear
05-30-2006, 09:22 PM
They were really great when I had a question.. I was a newbie and couldn't figure something out.. ( like how to use as stitch holders...hehe.. like I said I was totally newbie... 3 weeks & thought I should make a poncho... bad idea... very bad.. but I regress) anyway.. they were so kind to explain how to "work " everything... very patient.. now.. looking back I can't believe I actually called & asked... Now if only they could figure out a way to make the smaller size needles....

KellyK
05-31-2006, 08:28 AM
They really DO have excellent customer service...

mulene
05-31-2006, 09:04 AM
I do love my Denise set. I have the boye set too (finally after two people not delivering them and having to get refunds) which I've not used! I SHOULD have used it for the Lucy Bag but instinctively I reached for the denise set.

janelanespaintbrush
05-31-2006, 11:04 AM
I sometimes have that problem too, more with certain cord and needle combinations. How loud is the click supposed to be?