PDA

View Full Version : OT- Do you "collect" sheep stuffed animals?

Celine
06-02-2006, 12:16 PM
:D I noticed at my LYS she has a cute collection of different kinds of stuffed sheep that are not for sale. Then I noticed the same thing at another yarn shop. So it got me to wondering :?? if any one here collects sheep in addiition to yarn?? lol

I just got back from the grocery store and happen to walk by a cute stuffed animal of a sheep!! He looked so cute I just had to buy him. I'll have to hide it from my 3 yr. old gd. or it will end up being her's!! :D

So fess up if you collect sheep...I just started to. :happydance:

brendajos
06-02-2006, 12:58 PM
i am a teddy bear collector and Boyds Bears has several stuffed sheep. I do not collect them on purpose...i have been given them along the way. when i finally get around to thinning the collection the sheep will go with...lol

i do collect giraffes though....does that count? ;)

Jan in CA
06-02-2006, 01:33 PM
I don't have a collection of sheep. I try not to collect anything that is going to require dusting at a later date. :doh:

I DO have a reindeer collection, but it's only out for a month at the most and then put away.

DianaM
06-02-2006, 01:54 PM
My stuffed animal collection is divided in two sections: things that I found absolutely adorable and teddy bears (my bf's nickname is Bear :P)

As for sheep.....I did go through a collecting phase, but not because of yarn. I was in a play in which my very mentally disturbed character believed sheep where her children and lived among them.

Having to carry around a toy sheep during months of rehearsals, I ended up liking the fluffy things. Not to mention, it became one of my trademarks in the theatre group :lol:

WynnieG
06-02-2006, 02:14 PM
I collect cows. It's actually DH's obsession, but I feed it. :D

mulene
06-02-2006, 02:17 PM
my niece is big into sheep. I quite like Shorn the sheep from Wallace and Gromit ;)

Celine
06-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Oh yes, :cheering: I love Shawn the sheep from Wallace too!! My gd does have a sutffed one of him and he baaa's when you squeeze his one paw, hoof whatever it is. lol He is adorable. Love him in the little movie about his "Close Shave"

I do collect Jim Shore figurines. I see he has a sheep...I will have to try and get that sometime.

Ingrid
06-02-2006, 03:56 PM
I collect the outer covering of sheep, spun and wound into balls. :D

Ronda
06-02-2006, 04:16 PM

:lol:

I have seen some really adorable knitted sheep done by people on this board! I want to try those myself. Who knows? Maybe it will be the start of my sheep collection...

dustinac
06-02-2006, 05:10 PM
I love country primitive look so have some prim sheep.. my mom has fallen in love with sheep... she has them everywhere but again have to be prim looking :lol:

brendajos lets set a date to clean out our boyds section together.. no more putting it off :roflhard:

gardenmommy
06-02-2006, 05:23 PM
brendajos lets set a date to clean out our boyds section together.. no more putting it off :roflhard:

You could sell them to buy more...yarn. ;)

brendajos
06-02-2006, 05:30 PM
I love country primitive look so have some prim sheep.. my mom has fallen in love with sheep... she has them everywhere but again have to be prim looking :lol:

*ahem* are you suuuuuuuuuuuuuure your Mom wants them primitve looking? :rofling:

it isn't the cleaning out of the boyds that i have a problem with...it is the actual getting them out of the house...i want someone to just come and get them...lol

well except the laundry room. the horror of dealing with that room may be more than i can bear! :shock:

brendajos
06-02-2006, 05:31 PM

You could sell them to buy more...yarn. ;)

i would sell them if i thought i would get more for them than the tax deduction would be worth if i donated them... *sigh*

Jan in CA
06-02-2006, 07:01 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:
Oooo my favorite kind! It's never around long enough to collect dust! (Can you tell I hate dusting?!)

dustinac
06-02-2006, 08:30 PM
[quote="brendajos*ahem* are you suuuuuuuuuuuuuure your Mom wants them primitve looking? :rofling:

it isn't the cleaning out of the boyds that i have a problem with...it is the actual getting them out of the house...i want someone to just come and get them...lol

well except the laundry room. the horror of dealing with that room may be more than i can bear! :shock:[/quote]

:rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: well I do go more prim than her but the last 2 sheep she got were real prim lol she said umm.. well lets make this one laying down since I couldn't explain the front legs :rofling: aww more yarn... only thing is I'll prolly just do goodwill to lazy to full with a yard sale :rofling: and none of mine are old so no good on ebay...