PDA

View Full Version : OT-Please join me in a happy dance!!!

Lindsey H
06-02-2006, 03:27 PM
The first Starbucks in our town in opening on Monday. :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: We don't have a coffeeshop of any kind right now. This Starbucks is going to be in the grocery store but it has table and chairs. It's a start anyway. I'm going in on Monday for a Light Mocha Frappacino :inlove: .

knitaddict
06-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Ohhhhhh!!!!! We have 3 or 4 around here, but they're all about 20 minutes away from me so I don't get there as often as I'd like. My fav. is that mint mocha latte thingy (that's how I order it) with whipped cream. YUM!

kemp
06-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Hard to believe there is anywhere without one, isn't there? They were all over Cincinnati for a long time though before we finally got one on "my side" of town.

CarmenIbanez
06-02-2006, 04:08 PM
I used to work there as my second job. LOVE it. Great employer. They are very good to their employees. Free pound of coffee a week, plus 30% discount on everything!

My favorite thing in the whole world is the Pumpkin spice latte at thanksgiving/christmas time!

ladyindica2000
06-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Oh, Pumpkins Spice Latte. Sooooo good. I forgot about those. Mmmm, now I have a craving.

In the summer though I love the Green Tea Frappuccino's.

Off to Starbucks I go!

Curlykat
06-02-2006, 04:59 PM
This Starbucks is going to be in the grocery store but it has table and chairs.

Hey Lindsey H, are you in Western Canada, by any chance??? I'm in Thunder Bay and all of our Safeway grocery stores here are putting in Starbucks. Yay!

Cristy
06-02-2006, 05:51 PM
I live south of Atlanta and it seemed like everywhere had a Starbucks but us...we had one in the SuperTarget but not a free standing one....a few months back we finally got one and it's doing REALLY well....I love a Grande Decaf Soy No-Foam Latte!! I haven't had one in over two weeks though...since I found out I'm pregnant I'm trying to cut out frivolous food items....I gained a ton of weight w/ my dd and I'm cutting calories everywhere I can (but still eating enough and eating healthy though...)......I have to admit....you've made me want one though.....maybe tonight after dh has finished dinner I can talk him into a treat...

Celine
06-02-2006, 06:45 PM
I have a few Starbucks I can go to. None of them are in my town but only about 20 minutes away. You'll LOVE it!! :happydance: :happydance:

Jan in CA
06-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Wow. We have so many it's gotten to be ridiculous! That being said I got together with some socal knitters today and I had a Light Mocha Frappucino and it was YUM!!! Only 3 ww points, too!

Amber
06-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Well, I'm generally not a huge fan of big chains, but quite frankly, I :heart: Starbucks!!

Enjoy your Frappacino!

mulene
06-02-2006, 07:40 PM
We have em all over London =D I can't go there anymore though, on this diet no caffiene at all :crying:

Lindsey H
06-03-2006, 06:46 AM
I live in Smithfield, VA. There are Starbucks in every surrounding city. I usually like to spend my money in privately owned businesses but Starbucks is just soooo good. There was a little coffeeshop for open for a short while but I think the owner was trying to do too many things. He closed at 6 pm :rollseyes: every night. Starbucks is going into a lot of grocery stores in the area so I was hoping we would get one soon.

Andrea
06-03-2006, 06:53 AM
My favorite thing in the whole world is the Pumpkin spice latte at thanksgiving/christmas time!
That is my favorite too! The only time I go there!!! Oh wait, I also love the Peppermint hot chocolate at Christmas time!!!!!!!!!

sandrasingh
06-03-2006, 09:25 AM
Congratulations! I recently stopped drinking coffee and must say I don't miss it. But I appreciate Starbucks because they turned me on to Soy Milk. I drank milk all my life and developed an allergy to the growth hormones they inject in the cows and was so happy to discover I could drink Soy instead.

I've found that their coffee is not the best tasting but with a lot of Soy who cares!

Old Knitter
06-03-2006, 10:02 AM
After reading these posts I feel you folks are going to change this tea drinker to coffee............

Holly

mulene
06-03-2006, 10:49 AM
After reading these posts I feel you folks are going to change this tea drinker to coffee............

Holly

noooo I'm on the tea now =P converted from coffee in January!