PDA

View Full Version : Another order placed at Knitpicks!!

blueeyes28
06-02-2006, 03:52 PM
I Just ordered more Andean silk I am afraid I am becoming an online shopaholic I also ordered more circs somebody stop me!!!! :shock:

skNYC
06-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Join the club ! :happydance:

kemp
06-02-2006, 04:04 PM
:roflhard: no need to stop as long as you can afford it! There can never be too much yarn :)

rebecca
06-02-2006, 04:10 PM
:D Nuttin wrong with online shopping...I so enjoy it :D Just now bought the pattern for "Girlfriend's Swing Coat" for my granddaughter, as a matter of fact; sock yarn yesterday :thinking: ....I could really go on :rofling: :roflhard: Oh, and some addi's just arrived in the mail ;)

cozy
06-02-2006, 05:39 PM
I really don't need any more yarn (need being a completely relative term here!), but when women in the family are expecting & you don't have any baby yarn on hand, what can you do? Plus, I have to get something for my Secret Pal (yeah, I didn't have to sign up for it, but I like getting packages, too).

I've given up being on any kind of yarn diet. Just call me a Yarn Hog.

AnreeAce
06-03-2006, 10:16 AM
somebody stop me!!!! :shock:

You're asking the wrong group of people to stop you! I haven't gotten any new yarn in 2-3 weeks, but I can feel my resolve crumbling...

Shandeh
06-03-2006, 07:58 PM
I just got my very first Knitpicks order today! Beautiful, soft yarn. Best part - only 19 dollars for the whole order.

I got 6 skeins of Palette (100% Peruvian Wool, fingering weight, colors Sunlight, White and Pool)
and 2 skeins Shadow (Super Soft 100% Merino Wool, laceweight, color Jewels).

I also got the pattern for the men's aran sweater my husband likes. Of course, he'll have to lose weight before I can make it for him. Or maybe I could go ahead and make it to give him an incentive to lose! It will take me FOREVER to knit anyway - I've never done anything that complicated before!

ekgheiy
06-03-2006, 08:15 PM
I'm green with envy :mrgreen:

ToledoKnitwit
06-03-2006, 08:34 PM
I just placed my first order from them and am hoping it will arrive Monday! LOL You aren't alone. And one can never have too much yarn. I'm sure you've done something to deserve it.

Shandeh
06-03-2006, 11:48 PM
I just placed my first order from them and am hoping it will arrive Monday! LOL You aren't alone. And one can never have too much yarn. I'm sure you've done something to deserve it.

Well, I must say I had a hard day today, and was SO happy to see the package from Knitpicks had arrived. I had my Spring Recital for my piano students at 2:00 today, and I played piano and organ for a wedding at 5:00 today. After the wedding was over, I still had to clean up the room we used for the recital. Needless to say, I was BEAT.

The beautiful yarn was a sight for my tired eyes. As soon as I opened the package, I grabbed my digital camera and posted the photo here. It was nice to come to the forum to read all the latest posts. I knit my teal shawl for a while, then watched a movie. Now, I'm ready to hit the sack for the night.

gardenmommy
06-03-2006, 11:56 PM
:cheering: :cheering: Purty Purty!

What plans have you for it?

Mama Bear
06-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Ooohhhh, I want to reach out and touch the shadow yarn! Love the color too!

Mama Bear

Shandeh
06-04-2006, 12:28 AM
:cheering: :cheering: Purty Purty!

What plans have you for it?

I bought the laceweight "Shadow" yarn so I could learn some lace knitting. I want to make a pretty lacy shawl.

I'm thinking of using the "Palette" yarn for making socks, and other small projects. I chose colors that would go well with my wardrobe.

Shandeh
06-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Ooohhhh, I want to reach out and touch the shadow yarn! Love the color too!

Mama Bear

You would love it if you did touch it! It is SOOOOO soft! The color looks much darker than it did on the webpage color swatch. But I still love it.
Here's the webpage. Scroll down to see "Jewels". That's the color I bought. http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/itemid_5420127/yarn_display.aspx

skNYC
06-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Hey Carolina red: Those look great ! What is fingering weight? Thinner than sports weight? Doesn't it take a long time to make a sweater? What's the difference between Marino wool and Purivian wool ? :doh:

Shandeh
06-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Hey Carolina red: Those look great ! What is fingering weight? Thinner than sports weight? Doesn't it take a long time to make a sweater? What's the difference between Marino wool and Purivian wool ? :doh:

I'm not an expert, but here are my opinions on your questions:

Fingering weight is thinner than sports weight. It's good for lace knitting, and for making tiny baby things.

Someone would have to be VERY PATIENT

Shandeh
06-05-2006, 12:34 PM

I'm not an expert, but here are my opinions on your questions:

Fingering weight is thinner than sports weight. It's good for lace knitting, and for making tiny baby things.

Someone would have to be VERY PATIENT to make a sweater with that yarn. I don't think it's recommended for sweaters. Too thin.

By touching the two different skeins, I can see that Merino wool is MUCH softer than Peruvian wool. That's the only difference I can see.

Stitchluvr
06-07-2006, 01:11 PM
I have ordered several yarns from KnitPicks and have been happy with their service, prompt delivery, and quality.

1) I used the Andean silk to crochet a lovely rectangular shawl.
2) I am presently putting my newfound knitting skills to use, making a shawl with their absolutely incredible Suri Alpaca yarn. Using the feather-and-fan stitch which is easy for a beginning knitter.
3) I bought their Shimmer alpaca/silk with the idea of learning lace knitting.
4) I wove a triangular shawl with their Twirl alpaca/wool. Made it on my TriLoom (triangular weaving loom).

Stitch Luvr :XX: