PDA

View Full Version : Jeff the crack pusher update

kitkat
06-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Since I am giving testimonials - I wanted to let you know my latest experience with Jeff. I needed another set of size 6 needles so I could maximize my projects OTN - so I ordered a set from him. Ladies, I kid you not, I had that lovely funky envelope (the one with the wrappy string thing) he uses in my hands in less than a week. I was THRILLED. That man is the bomb.

The biggest fly in the ointment is that I need to put a sticky on my needles so that I know what size they are because I am metrically challenged.

rebecca
06-04-2006, 02:44 PM
:D I write the size on the outside of the package using a sharpie ;) I keep all of my addis in their original ziploc package ;)
I love Jeff...got some addis this week from him...some more are on the way ;)

BinkyKat
06-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Have you seen these for marking your needles?
I have almost ordered these a dozen times but i gotta make sure first if I have enough needles to mark... or at least find them all!

needle id tags (http://www.patternworks.com/PWShopping/partsview.asp?action=lookup&partno=300256&subject=U35&catpos=7)

knitaddict
06-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Ok. I've heard a few people talk about buying stuff from this guy, but I have no idea who he is or where to find his stuff. Can anyone help me? :)

Cristy
06-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Jeff's store can be found here (http://stores.ebay.com/My-BestShop_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm)
Use the links on the left for circular needles to get to all of the addis or just scroll down closer to the bottom.

I'm glad to hear things have picked up again w/ Jeff--I have to keep mine in the plastic bag and mark them w/ a sharpie too b/c I am also metrically challenged!!! Glad to know I'm not the only one...

Cristy
06-04-2006, 07:12 PM
darn you guys...I was doing just fine until this topic was posted--I need three more lengths of addis for an upcoming project (probably won't get started for weeks) but after hearing that Jeff is shipping promptly again...what did I do...I went and ordered 3 more addis.....geeze....talk about peer pressure!! I immediately emailed him and asked that he invoice me to include the shipping discount...I'll post to let you all know how fast he responds (and ships!).

skNYC
06-04-2006, 11:05 PM
I ordered a bunch of Addi's from Jeff. This guy never replied messages or emails I sent him. It took 3 weeks and 1 day for my needles to arrived. Am I happy with him? No. Would I buy from him again? Maybe. The price is great. I am such a bargain sucker.

rebecca
06-05-2006, 01:28 AM
Bink....I had forgotten about those!! I want some, too :thumbsup:

Cristy
06-07-2006, 06:43 PM
I am really sad to post that three days ago I ordered 3 sets of addis from Jeff and emailed him immediately to request that he invoice me to reflect the discounted shipping---he STILL has not responded. This happened last time and everyone was saying he was in the hospital....anyone know his excuse this time? I'm REALLY getting frustrated....after this, I seriously may never purchase from him again...the prices are nice but I expect someone to repond when I email them. I think three days is ample time.

kitkat
06-07-2006, 07:40 PM
I can't remember how I handled this the last time I ordered multiple needles.....shesh....

brendajos
06-07-2006, 08:28 PM
the only thing i can say is that i have never had trouble getting an e-mail back from him. i have always finished the auctions and then e-mailed him with all of my auction numbers and asked for a combined invoice. i have gotten them within 24-48 hours. don't know what to tell ya really.

candicane
06-08-2006, 11:50 AM
I have never emailed him, so I can't comment on his lack of response. I have however ordred multiple needles in one shipment. I just paid through paypal and paid according to the shipping discount and mentioned that I had adjusted the payment for the discount in the comments box. I have never had a problem doing this with Jeff.

Candice

skNYC
06-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Christy:
I had the same experience as you did. I emailed him twice to his email address he posted on Ebay, and also I left msg in his Ebay account so he had no excuse to say he didn't check his emails. Also I checked his feedbacks he left for others on those days and he did leave feedbacks so he must have seen my message as well. Nevertheless, I received my needles 3 weeks + 1 day. The emails I sent him was also to ask him what my actual total was with the discount, because the first time I did the pay now thing on Ebay, it did not give me the shipping discount. Then 5 days after the auction ended and I still did not hear from him, I did the Pay Now again, this time it calculated the discount for shipping. So I paid. Maybe you can try make a payment on ebay and see if you get the correct total.

Boogs
06-11-2006, 04:43 AM
Bit late to this thread but I've not had internet for a while, (just moved back to the Motherland).

I ordered six circs. from Jeff on April 16 and still have received nothing. He did answer my emails claiming that, firstly, they must be stuck in customs and, secondly, that they must've gotten lost in the post.

I posted a dispute through eBay, (PayPal was not co-operating as it had been more than 45 days since the payment) and he has offered to re-send them though not all the needles I originally ordered as he has run out of a couple of sizes/lengths/types.

I think I just want my money back and I'll go elsewhere.

IrishBaby
06-11-2006, 08:15 AM
I have a friend who just had a really bad experience (after I recommended him, based on feedback here), never replied to emails, even emails sent through, Paypal, never received her needles, and had to file a dispute with Paypal to get her money back. :( I wonder why he's so hit and miss?

robynbird
06-11-2006, 10:06 AM
This is sad! I haven't ordered from Jeff but he's in my favorite sellers (so I can find him) When I ordered my first Addi's I went through a different seller (Chlomeg Int'l) and their price was at least a $1 less than Jeff's per needle if not more. But for some reason they had to stop selling on ebay but I got a list of what they had and I just ordered 4 more and they were shipped the same day. I know this because she/he emailed me that they sent them.

Now i know not to use Jeff.

rebecca
06-11-2006, 10:25 AM
:( I'm sad and disappointed to hear this about Jeff...he has always been great with me. Like with Bren, I hear back from him in a timely fashion...except once when he was in the hospital. Don't know what's going on with him :rollseyes: Sorry ya'll had bad experiences :(

Cristy
06-11-2006, 06:14 PM
I wanted to update and let you guys know that I sent him a second message indicating that I would contact ebay and issue negative feedback if he didn't respond immediately. In 24 hours I got a response and paid. I'll let you guys know how quickly the items ship--this will likely be the last time I ever attempt to purchase items from Jeff. I'm big on service--I'd rather pay an extra $2.00 and give the profits to someone who seems to be interested in their customer's needs.

geekgolightly
06-12-2006, 09:34 AM
uhhhh

i just ordered two needles from him. i wish i had read this ten minutes ago!

are there other sellers you can recommend? maybe not as cheap, but my LYS sells them for 15-19 bucks a pop!

Julie
06-12-2006, 10:32 AM
I ordered from another seller on eBay (TropicalKnitter)...as did my MIL...the needles came quickly, but in both cases, some of them were bent. I just bent mine back, but my MIL tried to contact them about replacement and they've totally blown her off.

I guess you never know with those overseas sellers....personally I'll still order from Jeff while I can because I've never had a bad experience with him, only one shipping delay. But I'll be getting that PayPal buyer protection.... ;)

Cristy
06-12-2006, 04:13 PM
I hope no else has the problems with him that I've had--I've considered that I'm possibly too impatient but frankly--waiting 3 days for a response to 3 ended auctions is all I can take. I sell on ebay regularly and make sure to be ready to contact my buyers as soon as the auction ends, as well as the moment their payment is arrived. I realize there is a huge time difference between here and there but not 3 days difference!

Good luck to who ever else purchases from him--for your sake--hopefully I have bad luck.

Cristy
06-22-2006, 05:40 PM
I said I'd update so here it is:

I paid on the 11th and received today (the 22nd). Shipping time was good.

skNYC
06-22-2006, 05:43 PM
11 days, not bad at all. took 22 days for mine to arrive.

Jan in CA
06-22-2006, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure the price is worth the trouble. Geez. I think I'll find somewhere else or suck it up and get them from the LYS when I want them.

brendajos
06-22-2006, 05:47 PM
:happydance: more for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :happydance:

knitwit
06-22-2006, 06:24 PM
HI- I thought I would chime in on this one too--- i ordered a set of needles from Jeff on June 13. I received immediate confirmation of my order, paid the same day and received my needles today.
They were packaged in a brown envelope and shipped airmail from Hong Kong.
On the same day that I ordered the needles, I sent him an email asking if he had another size that I needed in stock or on the way (it wasnt on his auction) and he replied back to me within 24 hours.

I would definitely order from him again. I give him 2 :thumbsup:

rebecca
06-22-2006, 08:29 PM
Ahhhh, Jeff, he has been one of my steady addi suppliers for sometime now....now, I'm afraid I'm switching to KnitPicks' Options line, though ;)

Friskums
06-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Ahhhh, Jeff, he has been one of my steady addi suppliers for sometime now....now, I'm afraid I'm switching to KnitPicks' Options line, though ;)
Hmm, perhaps I'll finish up my collection with those instead. :thinking:

I bought 3 needles from Jeff the other day. I emailed him immediately asking for the discounted shipping total. I asked him to respond in 24-48 hours.
Nothing.
I emailed him again this morning (before I went to work) saying that if I did not get a response quickly I'd be forced to contact ebay.
By the time I got to work (45 minute drive) I had the total cost in my inbox.

I hate being heavy handed like that, but I'm not going to mess around. I need my needles. And I was willing to give him a chance. After this though, I will be looking elsewhere. I'm not a demanding buyer, but if I ask for a complete total, I'm not going to wait a week (or longer) to get it.