PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Flat

Anne
06-13-2006, 09:55 AM
I have cast on my 200 stitches on circulars. My mind went blank. :thinking: Which needle do i start to knit with? I thought my right needle as i am right handed and knit English but when i did that i was knitting in the round. :??

I wish Amy had a video on knitting flat with circulars.

Thanks for your help in advance. :thumbsup:

sara_jayne
06-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Anne -

This took me a minute the first time I tried to knit flat on ciruclars! Hold the needle with the working yarn in your LEFT hand and the empty needle in your right hand. Knit as normal. When you come to the end of the row STOP and do not join the work. Turn your work as you would if you were knitting with straight needles, so again the end with the working yarn would be in your LEFT hand and the empty needle in your RIGHT hand.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

mulene
06-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Hold the work in the left hand and hold the other end of the circ in the right hand, as if you were knitting with straights.

The work will gradually move onto the needle in the right hand, turn it when the row is complete so that it is back in the left hand. If you can see in your minds eye working on straights and just ignore the fact the two needles are joined with a cord you can just knit flat with them.

Edit: SJ types faster than me ;)

sara_jayne
06-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Edit: SJ types faster than me ;)

Some days! ;)

Anne
06-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Thank you so much for the quick response. :cheering:

samm
06-13-2006, 04:15 PM
I always have to sit there and look at it for a minute before I figure it out. :D You're in my company, not sure it's good....... :roflhard: samm