PDA

View Full Version : :( Need Yarn!!! Going through Knitting Withdrawal!!!!

kelly1205
06-13-2006, 04:22 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good discount yarn store. I have only been knitting a few months and my DH lost his job.We only have my income and unfortunatly its not a whole lot. In fact we will be moving in with the in-laws who live in Rochelle Illinois and I have to keep my job by O'Hare Airport until he finds a job (Which he is a French teacher)
I really miss my knitting time and would love to keep it up but yarn is a little exspensive when you want to do ponchos or fun stuff.
Any suggestions?????
Thanks a bunch
Kelly
:(

kemp
06-13-2006, 04:27 PM
I've seen some pretty good clearance yarn and JoAnn's and Michaels. Also, Smileys (http://www.smileysyarns.com/) has really good prices, but a $40 minimum and $9.95 shipping.

Sorry to hear about your situation. HUGS!

skNYC
06-13-2006, 04:28 PM
I am sorry that your DH lost his job :( . Good luck in job hunting.
As for cheap yarns, you can always go to smileysyarns.com.

Ingrid
06-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Many people have lucked out at Goodwill, too.

rebecca
06-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Sorry to hear about the job situation. Thank God you can live with your in-laws :D

Julie
06-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Goodwill is a great resource! Find a sweater that's handknit (the thicker the yarn, the better), unravel it, wash and dry the yarn and you're set! You can even dye it if you don't like the color...it's a little labor intensive but you can't beat the price... :D

miccisue
06-13-2006, 10:09 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your situation.

What exactly are you looking for? I'm sure I have some yarn left over from projects (it would be plain old Red Heart), and if you could use it to make blankets, sweaters, dishcloths, or whatever I'd be more than willing to send it to you. I mean, if it's just going to sit around here - as I'm not talented enough to do things with lots of different yarn colors other than making strips of different colors - someone might as well get some good out of it.

If you are interested, let me know - I'm in IL, too, so the postage to get it to you shouldn't be a huge amount.

kelly1205
06-14-2006, 09:58 AM
:lol:
THANKS FOR ALL THE CONCERN.I AM DEFINETALY GOING TO TRY SMILEYS.I THINK THATS GREAT.AND BY THE WAY MY HUSBAND HAS A JOB INTERVIEW TODAY.SO IF ALL GOES WELL I AM OFF TO CHAMPAIGN ILLINOIS :cheering:

AnreeAce
06-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Good Luck!

Big big BIG hugs!

(((( :heart: ))))

rebecca
06-14-2006, 12:37 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: YIPPEE KIYAY, that's very exciting!! I am praying for you :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

suecq
06-14-2006, 12:42 PM
I am praying for your husband's intervirew to bear good fruit today.

DragonTush
06-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Good luck to your hubby! :thumbsup: