PDA

View Full Version : OT: Animal Crossing Game

Shandeh
07-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Like me, a few of you are lovers of the "Animal Crossing" game. I play on my Gamecube, and others use their Nintendo DS. Either way, it's a cute, addictive game that will always entertain you.

I've decided to make a thread so we can post photos and comments about our gameplay.

I'll start by showing photos of my home in the game. The pictures are kind of fuzzy, but that's the breaks. I can't connect the Gamecube to my computer, so I turned off the flash on my digital camera, and snapped these photos after I got a good angle without glare.

The first photo shows the outside of my house. I have finally reached the largest version, with a large main floor, a basement, and a second floor.

Next, are some views of my main floor. I'm using the Cabin theme, with a Cabin floor and wall, and a Cabin bed, armchair, sofa, table, and low table. Beside my sofa, I have a red bird in a cage and a tea set on a classic table. I'm collecting plants and music instruments, as well as songs in my tape recorder. (I want to get a nicer stereo eventually)

Then, there is my basement, filled with clothes, umbrellas, and fruit. I'm planning on taking the fruit to the islander as soon as I find my Gameboy Advance again. (wonder where I put it?) :??

Finally, here is my upstairs gameroom. Right now, I have 3 Nintendo games I can play. ExciteBike, Clu Clu Land, and DK Jr. Math. There is also a Starman, that plays the Mario theme if you turn it on. Cool! I collected the balloons on July 4th, and really like the way they look in that room. There is an orange chair, a train set, and a station model. I'm using the blue carpet and the backyard fence wallpaper. That's my favorite room right now.

My Happy Room Academy score is over 11,000 now! I think I have finally learned the Feng Shui secret. Orange in the top, Yellow on the left, Red on the right, and Green on the bottom. Of course, some items are "yellow" even if they aren't that color. It's a weird system, and you have to go by the "tips and tricks" on the internet to know it. Strange.

SabrinaJL
07-22-2006, 12:45 PM
My daughter got me hooked on Harvest Moon for the GC. She kept telling me I'd like Animal Crossing but I was too into Harvest Moon. After about 3 months of her begging me to try Animal Crossing, I did, just to get her off my back about it. I was hooked.

Then she got it for her DS for x-mas. I kept stealing her DS to play it. She was getting pretty annoyed with me so I finally broke down and bought my own. :lol:

I also have cabin furniture in my main room.

Shandeh
07-22-2006, 12:52 PM
How cool! I also love Harvest Moon. I play it on my Gameboy Advance all the time. My husband bought the Gamecube version for me, but I didn't get into it as much as Animal Crossing. So, I play Animal Crossing at home, and Harvest Moon on the road.

(I'm asking Santa for a Nintendo DS with Animal Crossing included.)
:thumbsup:

Aren't they fun? :D

CateKnits
07-22-2006, 01:06 PM
I love both Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon. I got my roommate hooked on them both, too. In fact, she's played my new HM more than I have. I get hooked on WATCHING her play! I don't know what's so fun about monotony, but there ya go.
My AC house has a basement, but that's it. I'm trying to go for the "modern" furnature theme.

Shandeh
07-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Here are some more photos I took last night in the game:

I caught another mosquito. Those things drive me batty, because you never see them coming, then all of a sudden they bite you. RRRRR!

Here's a view of some of the dinosaur bones I've donated to the museum.

The Able Sisters were using a cool pink hearts design when I visited them! I've never tried using the design program you can transfer to Gameboy Advance, but I'm thinking I'll try it tonight. (If I can find my GBA!)

And finally, here's a view of Officer Copper saying, "...the darkness is suspicious!"

Angelia
07-22-2006, 01:54 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

"The darkness is suspicious" is one of my favorite lines from this game!!! (DH and I use it all the time when something strange happens!) I go visit Copper at night just so he'll say it!!

I've never played "Harvest Moon"... :thinking:

Ooooh, tonight's KK Slider night! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
07-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Yay!

Okay Angelia, I'm gonna tell you a little trick. I know you don't like to cheat, but you're gonna LOVE this.

You can get a really cool song called "Two Days Ago" by requesting it from KK Slider.

It's my favorite song so far.

Be sure to use proper case letters and spaces
Two Days Ago

He'll say something like, "How did you know about that? It's one of my secret riffs!"

SabrinaJL
07-22-2006, 06:18 PM
I got the new Harvest Moon for my birthday, but I don't like it as much as the original. My daughter ended up with it. I wish they'd come out with one for the DS.

The GC Animal Crossing and the DS one aren't that much different. There's a couple things I like about the DS one better though.

You don't have to send your fossils off to find out what they are. Blathers can do it.

You can visit the towns of other people by using DS to DS or by a wireless connection. I didn't care for the whole taking the train thing.

And of course, the fact that I can take it anywhere with me. :D

Shandeh
07-22-2006, 08:43 PM
I love playing Harvest Moon on the GBA, but the Gamecube version just didn't FEEL right to me. I don't know why. I've heard that they now have another version of Harvest Moon where the main character is a GIRL! I would probably like that one better.

I'm so jealous of you with your DS! That is DEFINITELY on my list of things to get. I've told my husband a few times, so hopefully I'll get it for our anniversary or for Christmas. ;)

If not, then I'll just demand it for my birthday in January!

Angelia
07-22-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm visiting KK in a little while...I'll request the song :D

I finally got the weeds pulled in my second town. I hadn't been there in 38 months (again, every animal pointed this out to me!). Only one animal moved, but two or three new ones moved in!

So, um....have you been hanging out LATE at night in your town? Something special happens LATE at night.... :happydance: :happydance:

CateKnits
07-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Sandy, if you're talking about A Wonderful Life, the one with the girl is called Another Wonderful Life and is exactly the same except that you are a girl. The newest one is called Magical Melody and is a lot more like the GBA one (don't remember the name) and the Playstation one (I can't remember the name of that one, either!). It's all cartoony and cutesy and the story line is less realistic. My roommate loves Magical Melody, but I like A Wonderful Life better. I DID buy Another Wonderful Life, though, because I'm a HM spazz. :shifty:

Lieke
07-23-2006, 03:52 AM
I've got Animal Crossing on my DS and I totally LOVE it. Don't know if events are the same here as with you, but today it's Yay day. Haven't had that event before, so I guess I'll go and play in a while. I also have the gamecube version, but the gamecube I used was my brother's and he sold it about two years ago, so I haven't played it ever since. I like the DS version better than the gamecube version. You can get more expansions to your house, and like SabrinaJL said, you don't have to send your fossils away, Blathers can tell you what they are. (which saves you a great amount of stationary) The only thing I think is better in the gamecube version is the amount of houses. In the DS version, if multiple people play on the same game, you are all put in the same house and have to share it.

Right now, I'm collecting lovely furniture and on my top floor I collect modern furniture. I'll make pictures soon, right now, my DS is downstairs and I'm upstairs and to lazy to get it :oops:

Shandeh
07-23-2006, 02:24 PM
I'm visiting KK in a little while...I'll request the song :D

I finally got the weeds pulled in my second town. I hadn't been there in 38 months (again, every animal pointed this out to me!). Only one animal moved, but two or three new ones moved in!

So, um....have you been hanging out LATE at night in your town? Something special happens LATE at night.... :happydance: :happydance:

Well, I am up playing, but I set the time for earlier in the day so I can sell stuff to Tom Nook. I've been wanting to try that late night thing. I've heard about it! I've played late night before, but never saw it....I did catch a lot of good fish and bugs late at night though!

I would like to see if I can go to the island late at night. I wonder if the islander is up at night?

Shandeh
07-23-2006, 02:26 PM
Sandy, if you're talking about A Wonderful Life, the one with the girl is called Another Wonderful Life and is exactly the same except that you are a girl. The newest one is called Magical Melody and is a lot more like the GBA one (don't remember the name) and the Playstation one (I can't remember the name of that one, either!). It's all cartoony and cutesy and the story line is less realistic. My roommate loves Magical Melody, but I like A Wonderful Life better. I DID buy Another Wonderful Life, though, because I'm a HM spazz. :shifty:

I haven't played my Harvest Moon game in SO LONG. I let a boy at church borrow my copy, and he's been asking for help playing. I didn't know what to tell him, because I didn't play it for very long. I liked the GBA version better.

I've GOT to try that new version, though. It sounds cool! :D

Shandeh
07-23-2006, 02:36 PM
I've got Animal Crossing on my DS and I totally LOVE it.

I'm so jealous! I want a Nintendo DS!!!!!
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/traurig/sad-smiley-003.gif

SabrinaJL
07-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Lieke, do you have a wireless connection? If you do, we could swap friend codes and visit each other's towns. :D

Last night I finally caught a tarantula and a scorpion. :cheering: I have all the fossils. I need 3 fish still but can't get them until August and September (I don't time travel). I need one more painting to complete the collection and I'm not sure how many bugs.

Andrea
07-23-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm so jealous that you all know how to play! I still have a dinky house (but I just paid off my 1st mortgage and Tom Nook said builing will complete on my new house tomorrow!) :happydance:

Shandeh
07-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Cool Andrea! You're gonna LOVE all that space! :D

Shandeh
07-24-2006, 12:40 AM
Here are some of the photos I took last night, as promised.

Am I the only one that thinks KK Slider looks like Howie? (KellyK, did YOU design Animal Crossing?) ;)

Shandeh
07-24-2006, 12:41 AM
Here is my town tune right now - a variation of the "Star Wars" theme.

Shandeh
07-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Here are some of my favorite comments last night while playing:

Shandeh
07-24-2006, 12:44 AM
I caught an eel last night, after he ignored my cast FOUR TIMES!

Shandeh
07-24-2006, 12:45 AM
I think it's cool that the characters keep up with my birthday.

Shandeh
07-24-2006, 12:49 AM
Have you tried using fun words for your characters to use when talking to you?

Last night, Marcy asked if she should keep saying "Young'un" when she talks. I like it, but I decided to tell her to say "Angel Cakes" instead. The "s" didn't fit, but I guess "Angel Cake" will have to do.

Here's my favorite thing to do, though. If a character is always negative to me, I tell them to call me "Your Majesty" or "My Queen" or something else like that. It makes me feel like I'm getting them back for their snottiness. ;)

Lieke
07-24-2006, 03:48 AM
Lieke, do you have a wireless connection? If you do, we could swap friend codes and visit each other's towns. :D

Last night I finally caught a tarantula and a scorpion. :cheering: I have all the fossils. I need 3 fish still but can't get them until August and September (I don't time travel). I need one more painting to complete the collection and I'm not sure how many bugs.

Well, I don't have wireless myself, but I can use wireless at my boyfriend's place.

My friends code is: 231998184636
My name is: Lieke
My town is called: Rosmalen (not very original)

Everyone who wants to visit is welcome.

Yesterday, I finally had someone buy something at my Tom Nook store, now I can get the largest store. Today Nook is closed, those are the boring days.

Lieke
07-24-2006, 05:36 AM
Well, I just tried to make some pictures, but that's impossible. I can try it tonight, when there is no light interfering, but right now, you can see nothing at all on the pictures
:(

Angelia
07-24-2006, 06:59 AM
I love changing their phrases!! One of mine I changed to "hotness," so when I talk to him, he says things like "Lupin! How are you doing, hotness?" :rofling:

I hate it when Nook is closed :( And I hate those stupid lottery-ticket days at the end of the month.

Lieke
07-24-2006, 07:01 AM
Fortunately, they took the lottery out of the DS version. I hated that two.

Carol_OH
07-24-2006, 11:36 AM
I think I may just have to get this game for my son's Gamecube!

:D

guess who'll be playing it though!!?!?!

:evilgrin:

SabrinaJL
07-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Well, I don't have wireless myself, but I can use wireless at my boyfriend's place.

My friends code is: 231998184636
My name is: Lieke
My town is called: Rosmalen (not very original)

Cool! Once I get my connection reconfigured, I'll let you know. I switched internet providers recently.

carolina red, I LOVE Goldie. She's one of my favorites.

I also hate when Nook is closed. Even when he's closed at night I don't like it. I personally think he should be open 24 hours. Like the post office. I mean, I've never heard of a post office that was open 24 hours, but I do know of plenty stores that are.

Shandeh
07-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Well, I just tried to make some pictures, but that's impossible. I can try it tonight, when there is no light interfering, but right now, you can see nothing at all on the pictures

The way I take my pictures is this:

Turn off the flash on your camera
Use a digital camera, because you can see the actual image on your preview screen
Move around to different angles, until you get an image that looks good
Hold still and take the photo
Hope this helps!

Shandeh
07-24-2006, 01:08 PM
I love changing their phrases!! One of mine I changed to "hotness," so when I talk to him, he says things like "Lupin! How are you doing, hotness?" :rofling:

I hate it when Nook is closed :( And I hate those stupid lottery-ticket days at the end of the month.

Angelia! "Hotness" is GREAT! I'm definitely gonna steal that one!

And don't knock those lottery days. Sometimes you can win an NES game!

I always save up my lottery tickets just in case. This month, I have 6 sets of 5 tickets! Sometimes I buy things at Tom's store just to give them to other characters. (I'll mail them to them. I don't bother writing anything in the letter, because they never understand them anyway.)

Shandeh
07-24-2006, 01:11 PM

Cool Carol! You'll just LOVE the game. It's so precious, and lots of fun.

Shandeh
07-24-2006, 01:13 PM
carolina red, I LOVE Goldie. She's one of my favorites.

I love Goldie too! And lucky for me, she lives RIGHT BESIDE MY HOUSE! How cool is that?

I visit her first thing every day. I love to give her clothes through the mail to see if she will wear them. She looks so cute in the kiddie outfit. :heart:

Carol_OH
07-24-2006, 07:22 PM

Cool Carol! You'll just LOVE the game. It's so precious, and lots of fun.

So we plugged it in at 4:46 and we're still playing - since we both have a character, we're switching on and off...still learning!

The best 20 bucks I have spent in a long time! And it wasn't even for yarn! LOL

Angelia
07-24-2006, 09:26 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Yay, Carol!!!

Boo, I don't have a Goldie in either of my towns! :(

CateKnits
07-24-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Ricky, so of course he's the one that won't move away.

Angelia
07-24-2006, 09:53 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

My favorites so far are Ed, Spike, Emerald, and Lulu.

brownishcoat
07-24-2006, 09:59 PM
I went to visit my friend Tabby today and her stuff was all packed up. :verysad:

And no new house showed up this morning.

Angelia
07-24-2006, 10:02 PM
:( I hate it when they move!!

What makes them move out and in? Anyone know? I'll cry if Ed or Spike leaves.

brownishcoat
07-24-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm worried that it's related to DD1 starting her character. :(

And I teared up this morning.

Shandeh
07-24-2006, 10:06 PM
I feel the same way. It just makes me SAD! I get that letter saying they moved, and I RUN to where their house was. It just looks so EMPTY!
:crying:

I have no idea why they move. I wish they didn't. But, the good thing is you will get to know someone else now. ;)

Oh....be careful if you borrow someone else's memory card. Sometimes your neighbors will move to the town on the other card! :shock:

brownishcoat
07-24-2006, 10:10 PM
:mad: "You stole my neighbor!" :mad:

:rofling:

Angelia
07-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Yep, they do move back and forth between towns. I don't mind that much. It's when they go away entirely that I get so sad, particularly if the ones that move are the ones I've really had fun visiting. :(

Oh, this is hysterical, and I'd forgotten all about it until I restarted the game: I have two Biffs, one in each town! And each brags on the following letter I sent:

Hey Biff,

How can you live in two places at the same time? You're freaking me out, man!

Lupin

brownishcoat
07-24-2006, 10:12 PM
He's leading a double life.

Shandeh
07-24-2006, 10:27 PM
Hey Biff,

How can you live in two places at the same time? You're freaking me out, man!

Lupin

I LOVE YOUR LETTER! :rofling:

Angelia
07-24-2006, 10:40 PM
I have the best time writing letters! They are so much fun to write, particularly since I know I'll get to see them again! :rofling:

SabrinaJL
07-24-2006, 11:54 PM
My favorites are Pudge and Bones. The lasagna fairy comment always cracks me up. I like that in the DS version, if you are good friends with a character, they will give you their picture.

One of the funniest things that happened in my game was after I had someone visit my town. Some guy named Looger. He saw that I had Pudge in my town and he started talking about how much he hated Pudge. A couple days later Pudge says something like "I saw that kid Looger a couple days ago. I never knew anyone could be such a dunce." :roflhard:

Shandeh
07-24-2006, 11:57 PM
OMG! That is so funny! :roflhard:

Lieke
07-25-2006, 04:11 AM

The way I take my pictures is this:

Turn off the flash on your camera
Use a digital camera, because you can see the actual image on your preview screen
Move around to different angles, until you get an image that looks good
Hold still and take the photo
Hope this helps!

Well, this does work for television, so when you use a gamecube, you can do it that way. (I already took pic's from gamecubegames)

But the DS has a touchscreen, which'll be less visible, the more light you have. I also had a reflection from my camera on it. And I have a crappy camera. On the lcd-screen, my pic looked ok, but on the computer it was a total blur. Fortunately, I'll have a new camera really soon, so I hope then I'll be able to make some nice pictures.

Angelia
07-25-2006, 07:35 AM
Sabrina! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: That's a great story!

Shandeh
07-25-2006, 03:50 PM
Bless your heart, Lieke! I hope that something will work out for you. Maybe you could try in a dark room with no lights, no flash, and a blanket over your head!

Maybe that would be too much trouble? :thinking:

:roflhard:

brownishcoat
07-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Check out my flickr for how pics come out on the DS. I'm planning to try again at a lower resolution, but I'm not sure it will help.

Shandeh
07-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Good luck with that. I loved looking through your flickr photos. Your girls are so cute. Your 13 year old is starting to grow into a beauty! And your latest photos of yourself are just loverly!!

I added you as a contact in Flickr!

brownishcoat
07-25-2006, 06:27 PM
:blush: Thanks, Sandy. Her b-day was in May, so she's 14 now. She starts "Band Camp" (aka what WE used to call Summer Band) on Thursday. ;)

brownishcoat
07-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Holy carp! I just caught an octopus! :shock:

Angelia
07-25-2006, 10:41 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I did aerobics with my peeps and saw Katrina the fortune teller today! Lookie!

Andrea
07-25-2006, 11:11 PM
I don't have Copper or a police station... :verysad:

brownishcoat
07-25-2006, 11:18 PM
My Copper is located at the Main Gate.

Also, Tom Nook's store is now known as "Nookway".

Shandeh
07-25-2006, 11:52 PM

Wow! I wish I could see that one! :shock:

Lieke
07-26-2006, 03:00 AM
Check out my flickr for how pics come out on the DS. I'm planning to try again at a lower resolution, but I'm not sure it will help.

yes, that's what happend with my pics as well, only I also had a reflection. I guess the only option is to use a camera with handfocus, so you can focus it yourself.

brownishcoat
07-26-2006, 08:51 AM

Wow! I wish I could see that one! :shock:

I just uploaded the new pics at the lower resolution (not much better) and there are 2 pics of the octopus.

itsbecca1979
07-26-2006, 08:54 AM
I've only ever played the Neopets version when it was on their site...I really liked it, wish it was still there!

brownishcoat
07-26-2006, 05:14 PM
:shock: My friend Tabby didn't move. :??

She was out walking around asking for clothes this morning and I went to visit her later on and she had her stuff all unpacked. I wrote her a letter and asked her not to go. Maybe that helped? Because otherwise, I got nothin'.

My friend Drake is better! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: He wanted to come visit me, he'll be here at 4:30 (it's 4:14 now). This will be his second visit.

I designed an outfit to display today. I've been catching fish, crawdads and frogs like crazy, but bugs are still easier. I caught the banded dragonfly, which the game described as "elusive". Hmm. :thinking:

It was raining, but I couldn't find my umbrella. I must have sold it, so I ordered a new one. I'll have to be more careful next time. ;)

Tom Nook will have my new expansion done tomorrow! :cheering:

I've been playing with the wi-fi connection active, but no takers so far. :verysad:

brownishcoat
07-26-2006, 05:36 PM
:shock: Drake stood me up!!! :mad:

I can't wait to hear this excuse…

Edited to add: I went to his place and he acted like I was supposed to visit HIM. :?? I honestly don't know which of us is confused. I'm thinking me, because he's being run by the computer, but it really didn't seem that way.

[shrug] Oh, well. I guess we'll get over it. :thumbsup:

Dilly
07-26-2006, 07:19 PM
I am slowly getting the hang of this game. I've made lots of money by taking things from the dump and selling them to Tom Nook. Is that allowed?

I don't have a fishing rod or a bug net yet, and I think those would be fun to have.

Stella called me fat. I wish I had taken a picture of that. It was really funny! She then proceeded to tell me not to eat bagels after 9pm.

This game is nuts - and very addictive! :rollseyes:

brownishcoat
07-26-2006, 07:48 PM
My neighbors keep asking me to update their catchphrases.

So I have corrupted the following:
Yuka - "Shiny"
Caroline - "Sparkly"
Hugh - "Merf"
Kabuki - "Dude" and "Radical"

SabrinaJL
07-27-2006, 02:04 PM
I've only ever played the Neopets version when it was on their site...I really liked it, wish it was still there!

I love Neopets! I've been playing for over 5 years.

brownishcoat
07-29-2006, 12:56 AM
My neighbor Hugh was threatening to move. He said something about not liking the food, so I mailed him a letter asking him not to move and I enclosed a cherry.

He wrote me back and sent me a PEAR!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Then I went to check on him and he was all unpacked. Yay!

I planted the pear. I may have pear trees to go with my cherry trees now! I'm mailing cherries to each and every one of my neighbors ASAP!

I read online today that you can buy an extra shovel, bury it, get a golden shovel and then you should be able to plant a money tree. I went to Nookway this morning, but no shovel available today. I'll keep you guys posted.

Also, I've yet to see an axe, but a DS site says you should be able to get one. Maybe it takes a while to work up to that. We'll see. :thinking:

My character keeps getting browner. I'm going to need treatment for skin cancer before too long. Of course, I've been on vacation this week. Maybe when I go back to work it will fade some.

Crap, Nookway is closed now! I'll have to amuse myself with other things until the morning. I usually start playing 2 hours before he opens, though. I know, I'm hopelessly addicted. :blush:

Carol_OH
07-29-2006, 11:31 AM
I have a question about neighbors who ask for things - usually if someone asks for something, when I get it and put it in my pocket, and then talk to that neighbor who had asked for it, I can 'give' it to them.

But having a problem with Coco - she's asking for flowers. I mailed her some, I had three packets in my pocket, and I also planted some around her house and NOTHING! She's STILL asking for more flowers.

What can I do!?!?

Shandeh
07-29-2006, 01:48 PM
I am slowly getting the hang of this game. I've made lots of money by taking things from the dump and selling them to Tom Nook. Is that allowed?

If you can do it, it's allowed! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
07-29-2006, 01:52 PM
I read online today that you can buy an extra shovel, bury it, get a golden shovel and then you should be able to plant a money tree. I went to Nookway this morning, but no shovel available today. I'll keep you guys posted.

In the Gamecube version, you can bury a shovel to get a golden shovel. But you have to bury it at the "shiny" spot you find in town. When you do, you'll see a golden sapling pop up. There's no guarantee it will grow fully though. You just have to keep trying. Once you are successful, and the tree grows to its fullest size, you will see a golden shovel in the tree. Shake it, and the shovel will fall down for you to pick up.

You can also do the same with money. When you find the "shiny" spot, bury a bag of money there and a tree will grow with 3 bags of money. (I usually bury a bag of 10,000 bells) When the tree grows, you'll get 30,000 bells! :D

Lieke
07-29-2006, 02:06 PM
This all works a bit different in the DS-version.

First, there are no shiny spots in the DS-version, you can just bury your shovel anywhere and the next day it'll be a golden shovel. If nook doesn't have a shovel available, try the catalog. I'm not sure this works in the DS-version (haven't tried it) but in the GC-version you could order a shovel via the catalog.

Second, growing a money-tree isn't as easy as in the GC-version. You have to bury your money with a golden shovel, and then there is a CHANCE you'll get a money-tree, but it's only a small one. In the GC-version you'd be sure there would appear a money tree, but that doesn't work on the DS-version.

Shandeh
07-29-2006, 08:14 PM
I've heard that in the Gamecube version, you should plant a tree where a weed was growing. This usually guarantees that the tree will grow.

brownishcoat
07-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Curse you enablers! I just picked up AC for GC.

I'm setting it up while KK Slider serenades me on the DS. I need to request another song. This is the first time I'm seeing him!

Lieke
07-30-2006, 04:39 AM
I've heard that in the Gamecube version, you should plant a tree where a weed was growing. This usually guarantees that the tree will grow.

I heard that two, but I'm sure that isn't true for the DS-version. (yes, I tried it :P)

Carol_OH
07-30-2006, 01:28 PM
Curse you enablers! I just picked up AC for GC.

I'm setting it up while KK Slider serenades me on the DS. I need to request another song. This is the first time I'm seeing him!

hehee

I just got my first song from him last night -I'm thinking he only shows up on Saturdays? I slept to long this morning so I missed the turnip selling lady( I think)

Okay, back to AC! or knitting if the DH is playing AC now! LOL

Angelia
07-30-2006, 02:29 PM
Yeah, KK Slider is only around on Saturday nights. I love him!! His songs are adorable.

Shandeh
07-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Welcome to the GC AC world, Lisa! ;)

brownishcoat
07-31-2006, 10:01 PM
I was playing the GC version today; I'm so frustrated! I couldn't buy a shovel (or any tools) yesterday because DD2 had. So I went to the store today and it's a stinking RAFFLE day! Grrr!

I'll just go water my new fruit trees on the DS. :snif:

I got the golden shovel on the DS! I planted my first bag of money! :D

:crying: My friend Caroline moved. I received a letter saying she was going and I went to write her and her name wasn't even on the list. I ran over to her house and it was completely gone. :verysad:

Cue DD1: "It's just a GAME, Mom." :rollseyes:

Maybe I'll play GC as DD2 and see if the shovel she ordered came in. I'll bet we can share it. :thinking:

Shandeh
07-31-2006, 10:31 PM
You can have your daughter mail the shovel to you, since you're both in the same town. Then, you can change the date in the game to tomorrow and she can order another one. Then you can change the date to the next day, and she'll get it.

Then, when all that is done, you can change the date back to today, and you'll both have a shovel.

You change the date of the game as soon as you turn it on. It's "other things" you want to change. Hope this helps.

brownishcoat
07-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Thanks, Sandy. I'm not in a huge rush right now; I'm happy to switch back and forth. I was just cranky and needed the tantrum! ;)

I was going to have her leave the shovel with the gyroid as "give away" and return it the same way. There's a lot of "suspicious ground" to take care of!

I found the shiny spot, too. Can't wait to plant something there.

Gotta run, some Double-Stuf Oreos are calling my name. :blush:

Shandeh
07-31-2006, 10:45 PM
Woo-hoo! Don't forget the milk! Yum! :inlove:

brownishcoat
07-31-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm going back for my second glass now. Can't let it go bad, y'know! ;)

Carol_OH
08-01-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm pretty new to the game and have another question - how come some days no one wants to give me any work?

Am I NOT doing something I should be doing?

brownishcoat
08-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Some days they just don't need anything. I make most of my money these days catching and selling fish and bugs, and selling seashells and fruit. I sell the non-fossils I dig up, also.

If you don't have a net, a shovel or a fishing pole, you need to get them from the store. If you have a small store still, you will probably only get 1 tool per day. You need a watering can for flowers and trees you plant, too.

I have a bunch of new fruit trees (I started with cherry and now I have pear, orange and peach trees planted). I can't wait until they start producing! I'm hoping the new fruit will sell for more money, but I won't be upset if it doesn't.

Carol_OH
08-01-2006, 12:53 PM
gotcha!

I don't have a net yet, but I have all those other tools...
Haven't seen an orange tree yet - some trees don't thrive though - something I planted around my house (peach?) died...well it just disappeared!

Hoping the other trees I have planted will grow fruit.

I am MUCH to obsessed with this silly game! LOL

Shandeh
08-01-2006, 01:05 PM
AC is DEFINITELY an obsession.

Lisa, in the GC version, the "other" fruits sell for 500 bells instead of 100. :D

brownishcoat
08-01-2006, 01:25 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Yay! I hoped there would be incentive for nurturing non-indigenous fruit!

Do I get bonus points for using the word "non-indigenous"? :??

Angelia
08-01-2006, 02:20 PM
From me you do! Not sure if Tom Nook will be as generous!

Oh, and if you manage to go to the island, don't bother bringing back a coconut and planting coconut trees. The coconuts are only worth 100 bells. I think they should be 500, too, since they're hard to get. :(

brownishcoat
08-01-2006, 04:37 PM

Oh, and if you manage to go to the island, don't bother bringing back a coconut and planting coconut trees. The coconuts are only worth 100 bells. I think they should be 500, too, since they're hard to get. :(

No, I wanted the points from you (and possibly Sandy)! :thumbsup:

Can I get to the island if I don't have a GBA? My DS doesn't have that connection thingy. :??

Shandeh
08-01-2006, 11:13 PM
You have to have a Gameboy Advance and a connection cable to call the Kapp'n to the pier to ride to the island.

Lieke
08-02-2006, 02:58 AM

On the GC-version they are 150 bells. On the DS-version, you can sometimes find them at the beach. There they are 500 bells. You can plant them in both games on the edge of the beach and the soil.

brownishcoat
08-02-2006, 08:59 AM
You have to have a Gameboy Advance and a connection cable to call the Cap'n to the pier to ride to the island.

That's stinky. Inheriting functionality from the previous version should be a given; it already plays the GBA games. [pout] Especially after paying the ungodly price for the thing.

brownishcoat
08-02-2006, 09:10 AM
I had pears yesterday and oranges this morning! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I planted 2 pears and sold 1; 500 bells! The new pear trees are thriving and so is the peach tree. My money tree died. :( I will have to find a better spot for it.

I FINALLY got an axe in the DS. I was beginning to think there wasn't one. Now I can make room for my new fruit orchards! I got the axe for the GC on the same day. More trees that need clearing in that one.

Shandeh
08-02-2006, 10:11 AM
I spent WAY too much time on my game last night. My town is FULL of fruit trees of many kinds, so it takes a VERY long time to pick all that fruit and take it to Tom.

I had set the date to this past Saturday, because I haven't played in about a week. I got a new song from Slider KK, and it's really cool! KK Calypso. I think it's my favorite!

I dug up two gyroids, and and then went to the basement of my house to figure out what to take to the island. So far, I have duplicates of all my tools at the island, to save space for carrying more things there when I go. Last night, I took several different kinds of fruit, as well as some furniture and clothing.

When I got to the island, I walked around and dropped my fruit everywhere, then I went to my island house and put some furniture in there the way I want it. (I've been collecting exotic furniture at the island, so I can swap it with my cabin set one day.)

Then, I went to look for the islander, with some things in my pocket that I thought he might like. He immediately wanted one of my island shirts, so I gave it to him. He was so happy! (I want to keep him happy so that he will give me an NES game one day.) He said that he wants a "strange painting" and a "modern bed". I had brought a classic sofa, and he asked for that. He gave me bells for it!

Then, when I was leaving the island, I saved a copy of the island to my GBA, and played that way. In the GBA, I clicked on the island hut, and my islander walked out. Then, I clicked on one of the fruits I had dropped earlier and dropped it near him. An exclamation point popped above his head, and he ate the fruit, then a heart popped above his head and he dropped money! I kept feeding him fruit, and he kept dropping money.

Then, I played with the Gamecube version again, and went back to the island. When I got there, I picked up all the bags of money!

I've heard that you can let the islander shake all the trees for you to get the coconuts on the GBA. You can also drop a net and a shovel on the island, to have him dig up or catch things with his net. I did the net, and during the GBA game, a gift floated by. He caught the gift, but I never did see what the gift was. I guess he kept it for himself.

The cool thing is that when you give him furniture, you'll see it in his house the next time you come to the island! :D

Shandeh
08-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Lisa, I think you should ask at the store (Not Tom Nook's store. In real life!) :rofling:

You should ask if it's possible to connect the DS to your Gamecube. There may be a way!

brownishcoat
08-02-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm going to do some research.

Lieke
08-03-2006, 03:16 AM
my new camera can make pics from a ds-screen. :cheering: The problem was indeed the focusing, but now I have manual focus, so I was able to get it reasonably sharp :D (still have to practice ;))

Here are pics from my house:

brownishcoat
08-03-2006, 09:24 AM
I don't have wings. My one room just keeps getting bigger. :(

I paid off my GC mortgage yesterday, so that one will be bigger now. And I got a pear dresser (DS)! I can't believe how many things fit in the drawers. My whole house is clean now!

I bought insurance from Lyle. He sends me 100 bells when I get stung by bees. My Mona Lisa changed from "famous painting" to "forged painting", so now I have to track him down. I think he's around while I'm at work, so I brought the DS with me this morning so that I can check for him earlier.

In other GC news: I got a net and a pole! I started making a list of what's been donated to the museum so far; I'm almost ready for a second page, and I only played for about 2 hours last night.

I'm thinking a database is going to be the way to go. I want to know what needs to be donated and how many bells each thing is worth, so I can make an informed decision when swapping.

Lieke, I'm going to try again with my camera; I think I might be able to get a workable image if I back off the distance a little. If I can get something clearer, it can still be enlarged. Will keep you guys posted!

Lieke
08-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Lieke, I'm going to try again with my camera; I think I might be able to get a workable image if I back off the distance a little. If I can get something clearer, it can still be enlarged. Will keep you guys posted!

I guess you'll need manual focus. Autofocus just doesn't work. I tried with my new cam, but they got blurry as well. Your camera just isn't able to focus correctly on your DS-screen, that's what gives the blurry pictures. With manual focus, you can focus yourself, so that isn't a problem and as you can see in my pics, you can get them reasonable visible with manual focus. (I guess it will be better after some practice from my side ;))

brownishcoat
08-05-2006, 06:59 PM
My DS house has 2 stories now!

I am growing an apple tree next to my GC house. No apples on the DS, yet. (hint, hint…potential visitors) :fingerwag:

brownishcoat
08-05-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm watching the fireworks on the DS. I thought they would be on both, but no luck. It's raining on the GC. I'll be off to see KK Slider on both soon.

brownishcoat
08-09-2006, 08:21 AM
I started a new GameCube town on another memory card, and 2 of my neighbors switched towns! (One neighbor from each.) And then a neighbor asked me to take something to the neighbor in the other town. Too funny…

Tammy6071
08-09-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm watching the fireworks on the DS. I thought they would be on both, but no luck. It's raining on the GC. I'll be off to see KK Slider on both soon.

I just started playing AC on my GC this week, but I've never seen the fireworks. Is there a special time they can be seen?? Maybe I'm just not playing at the right time??

brownishcoat
08-09-2006, 09:40 AM
The August Saturday fireworks are on the DS only.

Fireworks on the GC are July 4, 4th Friday November, New Year's Eve.

I got the info from this page: http://www.animalxing.com/events.php.

Tammy6071
08-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Ahh, thanks!! There are so many things to remember in this game!!

Carol_OH
08-09-2006, 04:03 PM
My trees keep dying!

Arghhh!

:wall:

Well not all of them - two peach trees are fruiting out as is a 1000 bell tree.

This game - I swear - I curse you Carolina Red for tempting me into purchasing this game

LOL

Lieke
08-09-2006, 05:44 PM
trees will only survive if they are not connected with other trees or stones or whatever. :

----------------
|X| |t | | | |
----------------
| | |t | |X| |
----------------

The X is a tree, and the t means a place where you can plant a tree that won't die (you can't plant both in this example)

Hope this helps you.

Carol_OH
08-10-2006, 10:26 AM
thanks, that does help!

SabrinaJL
08-10-2006, 02:46 PM
For those with the DS game, which hybrids do you get the most of? I'm about sick of pink tulips. So far I've gotten 36. The hardest for me to get has been blue roses. I've had the game since Dec and I've only gotten one.

Shandeh
08-12-2006, 06:09 PM
This game - I swear - I curse you Carolina Red for tempting me into purchasing this game
LOL

:smilingdevil:

Lieke
08-13-2006, 05:48 AM
For those with the DS game, which hybrids do you get the most of? I'm about sick of pink tulips. So far I've gotten 36. The hardest for me to get has been blue roses. I've had the game since Dec and I've only gotten one.

I've only got pink roses till now, my hybrids don't grow the way I want :(

Does anyone have a hint for breeding hybrids?

SabrinaJL
08-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Lieke, check this out. Hybrid Guide (http://www.animalxing.com/hybrids.php)

Lieke
08-14-2006, 04:23 AM
thanks, that helps a lot :)

Carol_OH
08-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Got a second-hand GameBoy Advance so we traveled to the Island today! weeeeee!

:cheering:

brownishcoat
08-16-2006, 10:58 AM
I need to remind my daughter to bring hers the next time she comes over.

SabrinaJL
08-17-2006, 11:30 PM
So I just started working on a scarf for my daughter. After I knit for a while today I decided to take a break and play my game. I got a giggle when I went into Able's and saw the pattern Sable was "working on".

photogirl72
08-18-2006, 01:28 AM
Well, howdy doo. I have had my AC for my DS for a couple weeks now and I never once noticed that there was a topic for it here. Where was my head???

Anyway, I don't have any pix yet, but i will soon.

I have yet to get a money tree to grow. Any hints?

As far as the coconuts, I kept getting them on the beach and selling them, it wasn't until Monday of this week that my nephew told me that I could plant it by the beach and grow a coconut palm. Why I didn't figure that out, when I knew the cherries Ruby gave me were plantable... silly me.

Ruby gave me her pic last weekend and moved away on Monday. I didn't know that I could send her a letter to get her to stay. My nephews couldn't figure out what was wrong with me when I got all upset. LOL!!!

I was hoping that she'd move back, but so far, no luck.

Shandeh
08-18-2006, 03:59 AM
Sabrina, that is TOO funny! (kinda spooky too, eh?)

And photogirl, welcome to the fold.

brownishcoat
08-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Tabby has threatened to move three times. She is my next photo-pal "target". I already have photos of Drake and Tank. Since Nookway is closed for rennovations ;), I can work on sending her lots of presents. I sent 3 to convince her not to move this last time, 3 more should do it.

I have apples today! I'll be planting apple trees! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Carol_OH
08-18-2006, 10:04 AM
I set up another town, and the funniest thing is that Monique lives in both! HAHAHA

She's a clone! eeek!

brownishcoat
08-22-2006, 09:22 AM
I have a Dotty in both towns.

On the DS, I have my first hybrid, Pink roses! :cheering:

Shandeh
08-28-2006, 07:07 AM
I got the funniest comment from one of the characters a couple nights ago. He asked me if I wanted some diet tips, and I said no.

SabrinaJL
08-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Tragedy!!!!!! It took me forever to get blue roses. Since Dec. of last year I've only gotten 2. I put them out to hybrid. Someone moved their house onto the spot where my blue roses were. Now I'm back to none. :waah:

Shandeh
08-28-2006, 06:06 PM
That mean old animal! Don't EVER be nice to him, and mail him the TRASH you catch from the lake! :!!!: :grrr:

brownishcoat
08-28-2006, 06:21 PM
I have pink tulips and pink cosmos now, too.

nanonette
09-11-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm just revitalizing this thread by saying

YOU'VE GOT ME ADDICTED TO ANIMAL CROSSING :!!!: :doh: :fingerwag:

so much so that I'm considering getting my very own DS so that I don't have to share with my kids. :teehee: AND it's cutting into my knitting time. :blush:

My birthday is coming up . . . :eyebrow:

brownishcoat
09-12-2006, 08:47 AM
I caught a hammerhead shark and I got the golden slingshot this week!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

It was starting to be too much work, so I'm only playing AC on the DS now.

Lieke
09-12-2006, 10:46 AM
My house gots it's new expension, the right wing. And still, I don't have enough space :oops:

I've got some pink roses, black roses and orange cosmos and I'm very proud of them.

Tammy6071
09-12-2006, 10:50 AM
How do you get a right wing????? I've got a second level and basement and Nook told me that was all he could build????

I caught a hammerhead shark and I got the golden slingshot this week!

Woohoo!!! :notworthy: Im no where near close to getting there!!

brownishcoat
09-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Tammy, if you are playing the gamecube version, the house expansions are slightly different (Lieke is playing the DS version).

Here is the site I use for reference: www.animalxing.com - it is just PACKED with great info.

I'm 225,000 bells away from the last expansion (on the DS). That's 3 more payments (I'm paying 75,000 at a time). :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Tammy6071
09-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Thanks Brownishcoat, what a great site!!

brownishcoat
09-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Thank Sandy (carolina red); she linked it first! ;)

SabrinaJL
09-12-2006, 12:13 PM
The last thing I need is the golden net and I can NOT seem to catch a stupid spider. And I don't even mean a tarantula, I mean a regular old spider. A couple times I saw animals staring up into the trees. I didn't know what it meant. Now that I do, I haven't seen ANY of them doing it again. :grrr:

Shandeh
09-12-2006, 12:27 PM
I haven't played in a while, and I think I'll only be doing Saturdays for a while, just so I can get music from KK Slider. This is my CRRRRAAAZY time of year, from now til Christmas. (Church Organists are really pushed this time of year. Same thing happens during Lent and Easter.)

brownishcoat
09-12-2006, 12:38 PM
I caught the spider I donated, but I've never seen another one. :??

brownishcoat
09-20-2006, 02:34 PM
I caught the shark; I didn't realize there was more than one, but yes, there's the "hammerhead" and the plain jane "shark".

I have black tulips and orange cosmos now. I don't know if I reported on the pink cosmos or not, but I have those now, too.

I feel like I've been waiting for Wendell for 3 weeks. Come and get your red turnip, you slacker! :!!!:

I got "laughter" from Dr. Shrunk this morning.

I got my right wing about a week ago.

My last original neighbor, Drake, moved away. It happened the first day my parents spent the night, so I didn't play a lot that day so I didn't know and I didn't have a chance to ask him to stay. :verysad: Ruby was going to leave, but I wrote her and she's all unpacked now.

Tiffany is sick and I'm bringing her the medicine every day.

I'm trying really hard to get Kabuki's picture (he's my next oldest neighbor), but no luck so far. How do you get the pic of a cranky neighbor? :?? I'm not having any luck. He did visit me recently.

SabrinaJL
09-20-2006, 04:08 PM
I decided to chop down most of my trees and see if that worked. It did. :) I got the golden net. The only problem is that for some reason, I caught a giant beetle but never donated one to the museum. So now I have to wait until next summer. Bleh.

brownishcoat
09-20-2006, 04:44 PM
I need to try that, I guess - maybe it will help me get the golden can? But I'm keeping my non-indigenous orchards. [crosses arms] I guess I can chop down all the cherry trees in the other two sections. I'm keeping the cedars to see if they do anything in the winter.

I have noticed that the green on my trees and grass appear to be a little more "yellow". It looks like the season is getting ready to change.

This is my first year, so there is much I have not seen. I won my second bug-off on Sunday.

My last HRA score was over 65,000.

SabrinaJL
09-20-2006, 06:11 PM
It will only help you get the golden can if you have too many trees. If you keep checking on it with Pelly or Phyllis they'll let you know if you need more or less trees.

I kept 2 of each kind of fruit tree and 7 non fruit trees. I left the stumps though so I could replant once I got the spider.

brownishcoat
09-20-2006, 06:36 PM
They just keep saying "More green." :shrug:

I'll try thinning the trees some.

SabrinaJL
09-21-2006, 03:08 AM
I wouldn't. I'd try adding more flowers first. If that doesn't work you may need more trees. I had a LOT. I'll count them and let you know how many.

Lieke
09-21-2006, 07:14 AM
I haven't played a lot lately, only enough to keep my flowers from dying. Still no luck with the hybrids. I've only got 3 pink roses, 1 black rose and 1 orange cosmos.

I opened my gate a few days ago, but nobody was there.

brownishcoat
09-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Lieke, a friend has to be in WFC mode when you open your gate. I have visited with photogirl72, and we communicate here when we are ready to link up.

I try not to stay in WFC mode too much because it is a greater drain on the battery. If you want to visit sometime, let me know. :)

Sabrina, I have lots of trees, and I have planted bunches of flowers at times. I'll try more flowers, too. I just haven't really been concentrating on it that much.

SabrinaJL
09-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Ok, I counted my trees. I had about 170. I'm not going to replant all of them. I already have the golden can and 170 trees is just too much. My town was like a forest.

Lieke
09-22-2006, 02:56 AM
Lieke, a friend has to be in WFC mode when you open your gate. I have visited with photogirl72, and we communicate here when we are ready to link up.

I know. The problem is I can only go on WFC at my boyfriend's place and usually there is someone using their computer, so I can't come here and look for someone to come on WFC. So I guess I'll have to wait till I have my own WFC, which will take quite a long time (not before I have my own house)

brownishcoat
09-22-2006, 08:44 AM
I see! :heart: :heart: :heart:

If you have DSL at home, you can buy a Nintendo USB Wi-Fi adapter that will enable you to connect. They sell for about US$35 here.

GennyLynn1962
09-25-2006, 09:17 AM
I didn't read the whole blog on animal crossing so if I repeat anything, sorry.

To get a golden shovel - buy an extra shovel - dig up 1000 bells - bury the shovel in the hole where the bells came from - wait 3 days - (but don't skip days) - there will be a tree with golden leaves - shake it and a golden shovel will fall out.

catch a bee - gotta be fast - 3000 bells.

Fast money - plant pears, each pear tree that grows will have 3 pears on it worth 500 bells each, the more trees the more bells.

After all your debt is paid off you get a golden statue of yourself - I put mine in front of the train station.

give clothes to other animals - they will actually wear them, and thank you for them.

Oh, have any of you seen the ghosts? Catch them and you can get all your weeds pulled.

Lieke
09-25-2006, 09:51 AM
I see! :heart: :heart: :heart:

If you have DSL at home, you can buy a Nintendo USB Wi-Fi adapter that will enable you to connect. They sell for about US$35 here.

Yes they sell that here two. I might buy one (or ask it for chrismas), but till now, there were other things I wanted (like a new camera, there's a hobby fair in about a month, my vacation) so no money left for a WiFi adapter. :oops:

brownishcoat
09-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Well, I can certainly relate to having financial issues! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Maybe you'll get it for Christmas and we can hook up then. :happydance:

Lieke
09-25-2006, 12:36 PM
I hope so. I'm still a student and studying is really expensive. But I guess that all works different in the US. Anyway, I hope santa is nice to me this year and brings me an WiFi adapter ;)

Lieke
10-01-2006, 02:16 AM
My black rose died :(

It was raining, so I didn't water my flowers, but while I was playing it stopped raining. I never realized I sould water the flowers when it stopped raining while I was playing.

Carol_OH
10-01-2006, 03:27 PM
since I got my statue, and I'm waiting for those October fun events, I started playing "Harvest Moon: Magical Melody"
:oops:

Lieke
10-02-2006, 05:43 AM
I found out harvest moon will be on the ds soon. I really want that game :cheering:

Carol_OH
10-05-2006, 04:09 PM
I just got a DS!!! My son bought me the new pink one for my birthday!

WEEEEEE!!! :cheering: :cheering:

brownishcoat
10-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Be sure to talk to Blathers tomorrow. His character story starts then. There should be an additional "What's up" or similar command on his menu.

Are you gonna get set up to play online, Carol? :teehee:

Carol_OH
10-05-2006, 11:10 PM
oooh - so you can do that w/both Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing, right?

I'll have to figure that out tomorrow - though I don't have AC on DS yet - just gamecube.

thanks for the nudge, brownish!

brownishcoat
11-01-2006, 01:15 PM
I got all the mushroom furniture during the Acorn Festival. My HRA score went WAY up after that!

brownishcoat
11-04-2006, 08:01 PM
I collected the last fossil today! I wonder if I get something special for that? :??

Lieke
11-05-2006, 02:59 AM
I haven't played for a week and a half. Too busy studying. I've also collected the much-furniture, but I'm waiting to put it in my house till I've got the last expension. I guess all my handbred flowers will be gone by now and there are cockroaches in my house :doh:

brownishcoat
11-05-2006, 11:18 AM
I didn't get anything for finding all the fossils. :pout:

I've caught a couple of new fish this morning, though. I need 11 more fish and 9 more bugs and those 2 collections are complete.

I haven't gone more than a day without playing, but I know you get the roaches in the GameCube version. I stopped playing that one a while back because keeping up 3 towns was TOO much work. It was cutting into my KH, knitting, TV-watching and other gaming time.

Now, I'm trying to get my niece to cross over to the Animal side. :teehee:

Lieke
11-06-2006, 03:54 AM
LOL

I just have to study, so animal crossing comes last at this moment. I really want to knit, that relaxes me more than playing animal crossing. But I'll take my ds on the train when I go make my exam, so I can play on the trip home, when I'm done with my exam. That'll be the best reward for studying.

Shandeh
11-06-2006, 04:14 AM
Did anybody have any adventures in Animal Crossing on Halloween?

brownishcoat
11-06-2006, 09:41 AM
I lost my red turnip this week; that may have been the day I missed. :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

It was my first day back at work after my trip, so I might have been too busy to realize I didn't play.

Oh, well…there's always next year, I guess. :pout:

Lieke
11-06-2006, 11:54 AM

There's no halloween in the european version :pout:

Carol_OH
11-06-2006, 08:51 PM

hehee, my husband played on Halloween and didn't realise what would happen to him (he didn't/doesn't read the manual!) heheee - he was telling me how everything got stolen from him and that his shirt got all messed up too!

Since I didn't play on Halloween, I'm thinking that maybe I'll back-date the game so I can play

Shandeh
11-07-2006, 04:27 AM
I've always forgotten about it. I know you're supposed to watch for a character with a jack-o-lantern head. You're supposed to talk to him and you should have something in particular in your pockets, or nothing in your pockets. I can't remember. I'll have to go and look online again I guess. I think I'll do some studying, then change the date on my system to see how it goes! :)

lissalue
11-08-2006, 09:40 AM
My mother is buying my 6 year old son a ds lite for christmas. not something i would do, but she is a bit of a grandmaw, ya' know? anyway, i was wondering if this would be a good game for him? also, what would be some others? sorry for borrowing the thread, but ya'll seem to know what you are talking about. one question, how do you get any knitting done with all that game playing? :??

brownishcoat
11-08-2006, 10:07 AM
There is a lot of reading involved, but it is a very "tame" and friendly game.

I don't finish my knitting projects as quickly as I would like! Being here on KH takes a lot of time away from knitting, too. :)

lissalue
11-08-2006, 10:48 AM
yeah, i have noticed that already! i am addicted to knitting and this site! :thumbsup: thanks for the info on the game.

brownishcoat
11-08-2006, 10:54 AM
I think you should play, too! You can create up to 4 characters, so both of you can play. :heart: :heart: :heart:

lissalue
11-08-2006, 11:34 AM
that sounds great. is animal crossing the same as animal crossing wild world? :shrug: i was looking around at places to but it and saw both names so i wasn't sure. thanks for your help.

SabrinaJL
11-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Animal Crossing is for the Gamecube, Animal Crossing: Wild World is for the DS.

Lieke
11-09-2006, 03:13 AM
well, yesterday, I played again after 2 weeks. My house full of cockroaches, all my flowers gone :pout: but fortunately nobody moved :happydance: . I was just in time to stop samson from moving. I also managed to get a HRA-score above 100.000 points, so now I've got the 2-story model from HRA. :cheering:

brownishcoat
01-24-2007, 04:18 PM
I got my Mansion model from the HRA, so I don't have to worry about how I arrange my house anymore.

I FINALLY caught a Mole Cricket, too.

I got the KK Slider pic and the Golden Axe, and more neighbor pics. I'm looking for a reggae shirt for Margie, so if anyone can order one, please let me know. :D

I won the Fishing Tournament on Sunday with a stringfish.

I read on the AXA forums that if you put down your red turnip on a table instead of the floor or leaving in your pocket, it will never go bad. I'm going to test it out. You have to drop something in front of the table first (I used my net) to get it to work.

I have 355,000 bells left to go on my last mortgage! :cheering:

lissalue
01-24-2007, 10:19 PM
so, thanks to lisa i am addicted now too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will fill you in on my playing later, just had to share my addiction.

Lieke
01-25-2007, 03:02 AM
I haven't played as much as I used to lately. Just to busy. But I did catch the mole cricket. I missed the fishing tourney.

brownishcoat
01-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Wendell visited yesterday and I gave him the red turnip. He gave me a turban; now I have 2. Come on, Saharah! :happydance:

brownishcoat
01-29-2007, 10:25 AM
I played my GameCube version on the Wii for the first time last night. I've been away from there for 5 months! My neighbors were not very happy with me, and the weeds were everywhere. And the you-know-whats were in my house. :oops:

Lieke
01-29-2007, 10:27 AM
I haven't been in my cube-version for over a year I guess. I don't even know where that memory card is :oops:

brownishcoat
01-29-2007, 10:31 AM
It took me an hour to find the game disc, and then I put the wrong memory card in first. :rofl:

I also tried it without a memory card, to see if the Wii would make a save file, but no, it just kicked me out. :pout:

brownishcoat
01-30-2007, 10:15 AM
I played AC:WW last night and Saharah was visiting. She gave me 2 massage chairs. When is Tortimer going to be back? :??

Shandeh
01-30-2007, 03:07 PM
I played the GC version last night, and I just finished up December 31st. I won the December raffle TWO times, and got an NES "Tennis" game, as well as a huge statue of a Samurai.

I'm keeping the date back, so I can experience all the holiday stuff. Tonight, I'm going to set the date for 11:00 PM on Dec 31, so I can do the New Year with my AC friends.

Next, I'll set it for January 7th so I can see what kinds of birthday gifts I'll get.

After that, I want to get the date back up to now, so I can have everything on track with the real world. Valentine's Day should be fun.

brownishcoat
02-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Sandy, have you gotten any of the Mario games for the NES on your AC for GC? I'm wondering if I'll be able to get those.

Shandeh
02-02-2007, 08:54 PM
I have 4 NES games in my little AC house right now.

Clu Clu Land
DK Jr Math
Tennis
Excitebike

I saw a list of all the games you can get online somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Shandeh
02-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Here is the list of NES games you can get on Animal Crossing for Gamecube:

Pinball
Golf
Balloon Fight
Tennis
Baseball
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong 3
Wario's Woods
Punch-Out
Donkey Kong Jr
Donkey Kong Jr Math
Soccer
Excitebike
Clu Clu Land
Clu Clu Land D
Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros
The Legend of Zelda
Ice Climbers

And here is the webpage that discusses how you can get the games.
http://www.animalxing.com/nesgames.php

brownishcoat
02-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Cool! I didn't realize animalxing had a page for that. Should have known!

I finished paying off my last mortgage on the DS AC yesterday! I don't know if they do the statue thing, but I guess I will find out. :teehee:

I wish Tom Nook would start a new house for my secondary character. It would be nice if she had her own house.

Shandeh
02-12-2007, 12:44 PM
I still don't have a DS, but maybe we'll find one on sale somewhere. They are SO hard to find, and I absolutely refuse to pay full price, so it will probably be quite a while. Plus, it's not like I have a ton of time available to play it anyway. I usually knit when I'm away from home, and either knit, surf online, play PC games or Gamecube when I'm home. There are only so many hours in the day. :shrug:

I set my date back to experience New Years Eve on Animal Crossing GC, and it was fun! I got a noisemaker, there were fireworks, and lots of dancing and music. So cute. :) :heart:

Also, I searched my town until I found two snow balls, then rolled them to make a snowman. They say different things, according to how you make them. I guess I made the head too small on this one. :teehee:

brownishcoat
02-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Is that Goldie, or is that another neighbor? I have Goldie as a neighbor in my DS town. :D

The biggest plus about the DS is the ability to play online with your friends. I have had so much fun doing that.

Shandeh
02-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Yes, it's Goldie!!! I LOVE her!!! I will cry if she ever moves away. :pout:

Well, that's the reason I'm delaying the purchase. We are getting rid of our wireless router, because we never use our other computer on the internet. Plus, it never worked right before anyway. And since I spend so much time at home, I would never get the opportunity to play.