PDA

View Full Version : resources for knitting w/ two circs...

Cristy
07-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Anyone have any book suggestions, etc. that might be helpful while I learn to knit on two circs? I want to try socks on two circs and I was thinking of the book "Socks Soar on Two Circs". Anyone have this book and recommend or dislike it? Any other suggestions aside of Amy's video?

Jenelle
07-23-2006, 02:27 PM
I found this. (http://www.socknitters.com/2circs/index.htm)

Jeremy
07-23-2006, 03:25 PM
I found both the book and the site. I think the book is a little bit more explicity and also has some nice patterns. However, the technique itself is very easy and I've found knitting socks to be much more"portable" than on dpns. I just took a sock I was knitting to San Francisco and not one slipped stitch, not even close, despite a lot jostling around.

Cristy
07-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks Jenelle--I found the same site in my searches and I think I might give it a try!

itsbecca1979
07-24-2006, 12:04 PM
I've always and only ever knitted socks on 2 circs...it is so easy! I would still like to try DPNs just for the experience, but I don't think it would be my preferred method.

knitqueen
07-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Not two socks on two circs, but I tried two socks on one circ (magic loop) using an online tutorial that I seem to have lost now :thinking: and I found it alright, but SO difficult to keep the two balls of yarn from getting tangled up. Any tips for that problem? I gave up and went back to one sock on one circ.

Cristy
07-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Frankly, looking at the directions, it doesn't appear that doing two socks on two circs would be any more difficult than doing one sock on two circs...I don't love dpns but I don't hate them either...