PDA

View Full Version : The first step is admitting I have a problem...

cecile77
07-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Ok, so what was supposed to be a BROWSING only trip to an LYS turned out to be a shopping spree. I stopped at one place and saw that "Celia" was on sale so I HAD to stock up. I didn't know if I'd run into it again at such a great price and I've been wanting to use it for a project anyway... When my 5 balls of yarn only rang up to $35 I was quite pleased. I figured I would stop there and go home. Wrong. Since there was another LYS several blocks up I figured, "Why not? I'm in the neighborhood" Of course they had a sale, too so I bought some yummy peach colored yarn and I don't even know what I'm going to make with it!!! I just liked how it looked. Then I snatched up a couple of magazines at the checkout counter. So, I ended up spending about $90 today for NO REASON! I need a support group!!!

skNYC
07-24-2006, 04:09 PM
Oh no, when you buy something on sale, you have PLENTY reasons for the spending. 1) You save money 2) You will have new stash 3) Someone will have something to wear 4) It makes you happy !

You go girl :cheering:

DreamWeaver
07-24-2006, 04:21 PM
I agree with skNYC. yay yarn!!!!! :happydance:

samm
07-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Welcome to Yarnaholics Anonymous. :lol: I don't truly think you have a problem, though. We're here to support each other's habit, aren't we??? :roflhard: I sure hope so! I'm hopelessly addicted!!! :blush: samm

EssenceRose
07-24-2006, 05:56 PM
I don't have a problem. I will not admit to having a problem. DH, give me your credit card!!! :roflhard:

Seriously, though -- it was on SALE!!! And I won't tell if you won't. LOL

rebecca
07-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Welcome to the dark side :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

aylaanne
07-24-2006, 06:47 PM
:thinking: :?? I don't understand what the problem is....? :thinking: :?? :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

AidanM
07-24-2006, 07:24 PM
:thinking: :?? I don't understand what the problem is....? :thinking: :?? :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Yeah, me either. :rofling:

Indygirl
07-24-2006, 07:53 PM
The only problem I see is we didn't get to go with you to the sale.
Keep reminding yourself, this is great therapy :thumbsup:

aylaanne
07-24-2006, 08:44 PM
The only problem I see is we didn't get to go with you to the sale.
Keep reminding yourself, this is great therapy :thumbsup:
what she said. *nods*

Angelia
07-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I mean, you didn't expect a scolding, did you?! :shock:

:rofling:

snowbear
07-24-2006, 09:25 PM
and the problem is? I'm sooo proud of myself- finished up all the baby gifts on my list and used up stash.. so now have to go buy more right? Was soo proud could get back on track for my knitting.. and found out 2 more babies on the way.. gezzzz is the stork on overtime?

:XX:

P.S. Buying yarn on sale is not a problem... it is required! Why else would they have it on sale?

Ingrid
07-24-2006, 09:51 PM
The first step is telling that little voice in your head to shut up and let you buy yarn! Who knows? Sales on yarn you like may be outlawed tomorrow! :shock: You MUST get it while you can!!!

Angelia
07-24-2006, 09:52 PM
The first step is telling that little voice in your head to shut up and let you buy yarn! Who knows? Sales on yarn you like may be outlawed tomorrow! :shock: You MUST get it while you can!!!

OMG, that sounds so familiar--is that voice in my head actually YOU, Ingrid?! :shock:

Ingrid
07-24-2006, 09:55 PM
:devil: :mrgreen:

knitaddict
07-25-2006, 12:33 AM
:thinking: :?? I don't understand what the problem is....? :thinking: :??

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard::roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

mulene
07-25-2006, 07:31 AM
Oh god - I'm doing the same thing. Spending a bomb on needles, yarns, books =P I'm even going to be spending on something big soon - more details on that later =P

mulene
07-25-2006, 07:31 AM

Ingrid is the best enabler ;)

By the way.. pick some colours ;P

kemp
07-25-2006, 08:40 AM
Buying something on sale before I actually need it is like my religion! I figure, if I know I will need it and use it sometime in the future, I might as well by it now while it's on sale. So see, you're really not SPENDING money your're SAVING money! ;)

Angelia
07-25-2006, 08:40 AM
OMG, I hear your voice in my head, too, Kempy! :rofling:

jamadian75
07-26-2006, 06:23 PM
If you came looking for a scolding you are out of luck my dear!

If, on the other hand, you're looking for a group of wonderfully sympathetic, brilliant and completely resolute yarn stashing enablers, you have hit the jackpot here!! :cheering:

Sale yarn has a special place in my :heart: *sigh*

Nikki
07-26-2006, 07:32 PM
:thinking: You think you have that yarn problem and you brought it here? :rofling: Not the best place to stand up and say, "Hi my name is Nikki and I buy yarn I don't have a project for.........yet." This is the place that brought us "Knit Picks has new needles!" and "Knit Picks is having a Main Line sale." and "Another hurt book sale". Ahhhhhhhhh, this is a great place isn't it?
Nikki, the stasher