PDA

View Full Version : FO - Half Dome!

mulene
07-26-2006, 05:24 AM
So here is my finished half dome to send to my brother who lives in Australia - this should keep his head warm! He is balding (well very very short hair to hide it too) and he used to have red hair. So I knitted him a new head of red hair *grin* and to reflect his age the grey bit gives him some distinction ;)

I made it using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino in cherry red and silver grey - it needed more than one ball of the red (grr pattern stated one ball and my guage was spot on - should have gone with gut instinct and bought 2 at the time) and the top is a bit peaky - but then again when I stuck it on it looked ok =D

Angelia
07-26-2006, 06:39 AM
It looks great!!! :thumbsup:

AnreeAce
07-26-2006, 09:32 AM
:cheering: :cheering:

Looks great!

Jan in CA
07-26-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm sure he'll love the hat and your sense of humor to with it! :lol: :thumbsup:

rebecca
07-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Very nice!!! He will love keeping his head warm in such style ;)

knotmaker
07-26-2006, 12:17 PM
:thumbsup: Nice job! My brother wants a hat to go under his helmet for the winter ... I think I am going to do this one for him. How was the pattern?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-26-2006, 01:36 PM
great color!!!

knitaddict
07-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Excellent!! I'm going to be making on for a friend of ours who works on the flightline. It'll have to be solid black, unfortunately, because otherwise the USAF won't let him wear it at work. I can't wait to get the yarn and make it for him. :)

Great job!!!

itscryttle
07-26-2006, 02:22 PM
LOVE IT!!! :thumbsup:

mulene
07-27-2006, 09:33 AM
:thumbsup: Nice job! My brother wants a hat to go under his helmet for the winter ... I think I am going to do this one for him. How was the pattern?

The pattern was fine - until not far from the end when I ran out of yarn - I had about 50 sts left on the needles I needed 22 - I made the large adult size so either extend the first colour to make it 2 1/2 - 3" or get a second skein.

The number of stitches I ended up with was incorrect - I ended up with 23 - I knitted two together and did the next decrease row and still ended up with more than I should have had - I am not sure if the pattern was wrong or I was wrong. I didn't go back and check it and so the top ended up having a little peak in it.

Thank you for all the lovely comments - I now have to make something for his wife and then I can send them off =D Any suggestions?