PDA

View Full Version : Looking machine washable yarn

blueeyes28
07-27-2006, 07:07 PM
similar to Suri Dream does anyone know of anything?

skNYC
07-28-2006, 10:25 AM
Aren't all "superwash" machine washable? :??

janelanespaintbrush
07-28-2006, 10:50 AM
I don't recall ever seeing a "superwash" alpaca (that would be soooo cool), but I'm pretty sure I've seen machine washable mohair yarns, though they may have been blends.

OMG, I just went to KP to look at suri dream again and noticed that they have some great new colors. I had seen the hand dyes (meh), but didn't realize that had added colors to the "classic" version. Hmmm... I already have two suri dream scarves. Do I need another?

skNYC
07-28-2006, 10:54 AM
OMG, I just went to KP to look at suri dream again and noticed that they have some great new colors. (I already have two suri dream scarves. Do I need another?)

Well, you can rephrase the question to "Do I want another?"

janelanespaintbrush
07-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Of course I want another, but I really should use up the other yarn in my stash...

AidanM
07-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Of course I want another, but I really should use up the other yarn in my stash...
:rofling: It's been a long time since somebody said that seriously on these boards!

janelanespaintbrush
07-28-2006, 01:46 PM
I found one! :cheering: (I know, I know, I'm spending way too much time reading KH and looking at yarn when I should be doing work.)

Here's a fuzzy alpaca yarn which claims to be machine washable and is about the same gauge as suri dream (8 stitches per 4 inches = 2 stitches per inch): brushed alpaca (http://www.yarnmarket.com/yarn/Karabella_Yarn-Brushed_Alpaca_Yarn-623.html). It may be prohibitively expensive depending on what you want to use it for, though. Far less yardage for far more money.

skNYC
07-28-2006, 02:04 PM
I found one! :cheering: (I know, I know, I'm spending way too much time reading KH and looking at yarn when I should be doing work.)

Now find a machine washable angora for me ;)