PDA

View Full Version : Anybody in Denver?

mdsheriff
08-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Years ago, when I thought cross-stitching was the most perfect pastime, I went each week to a cross-stitching bee. Every Monday night, we would gather in the local shop and stitch for a few hours in the evening. I made so many friends and had a blast sharing patterns and techniques.

Times have changed and I fortunately discovered knitting in January. I've been visiting the local yarns shops in the area hoping to find a group to join. Most shops close early in the evening and don't offer a weekly knitting bee. I was wondering if anyone in the Denver area has any interest in forming a weekly knitting bee? Is there one I could join? I would love to share my knitting adventures with anyone who's interested.

Sara
08-01-2006, 10:56 PM
Send a PM to Joel. He lives in Denver and belongs to a knitting group. He hasn't been around much lately 'cause he is insanely busy, but he's a sweetie and I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction.

DianaM
08-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Bad timing, hehe. I've been living in the area for 4 years and will be moving out this Sunday. I didn't get into knitting until a few months ago, so I don't know of any official knitting groups.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll find something around, there's plenty of knitters in the area :thumbsup:

Eloewien
08-02-2006, 10:23 AM
I don't live in Denver, but when I was out there for work, I went up to Fort Collins where there is a wonderful LYS with lots of classes, etc. I don't know where you live in Denver, but even from Englewood it was only a little over an hour. The store was called Lambspun of Colorado, and I really wish I could go back!
They have a cafe where you can get snacks or coffee and sit and knit, they have a wonderful large workroom where people just come to sit and knit-- you get the idea. Everyone there was just wonderfully helpful- both staff and knitters. Their website is www.lambspun.com

Laura

nanonette
08-02-2006, 06:18 PM
I just pm'd you, d. :)