PDA

View Full Version : FO: YOTS KAL #1 and #2

jhelanee
08-02-2006, 08:17 PM
So these have both been done for quite some time, but I am just now getting around to posting pictures. :hiding:

For my first sweater (a spring style), I did Bob (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring03/PATTbob.html) from knitty.com in Endless Summer Collection Connemara (http://secure.elann.com/productdisp.asp?NAME=elann%2Ecom+Endless+Summer+Co nnemara&Season=&Company=&Cat=ALLY&ProductType=5&OrderBy=&Count=24) from Elann.com, color Oasis Teal. My gauge turned out quite a bit different than the pattern called for and I didn't like the fabric when I switched needles to get gauge, so I was adventurous and modified the pattern. The only tricky bit was on the raglan decreases, since I needed to decrease way more stitches than the pattern called for in about the same number of rows. Once I got the body up to the armholes, I knit the sleeves in the round until the start of the decreases, then put everything together and knit the raglan decrease section in the round. A bit tricky for the first few rows, but it ended up working out great.

The second sweater (design-your-own) was done with Paton's "Fresco" in Very Berry. This is a 100% acrylic woven ribbon yarn that is so soft - feels like a cotton yarn but much lighter when knit up. ;) Because this yarn was rather bulky, I decided to go with plain old vanilla stockinette stitch. I did a hemmed picot edge on the bottom, waist shaping and deep short rows to accomodate the girls. The KAL was supposedly for a tank, but my stockinette was curling so much I decided to just do a simple V neck, ending with short-row shoulder shaping and a 3-needle bind-off. A row of single crochet around the neck and armholes finished it off. The pictures don't really do the fit justice - it came out better than I expected! I had great fun with my first forey into designing, and ended up learning or actually using 4-5 new techniques. Thanks again, Hilde, for all of your encouragement!

Jan in CA
08-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Nice! Those came out great!! :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-02-2006, 08:57 PM
GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheering: How does it feel to be a DESIGNER???

ebrperk
08-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Your tank is so pretty. I made Bob but it didnt look that good.

gardenmommy
08-02-2006, 09:30 PM
:cheering: :cheering: Super sweaters! :cheering: :cheering:

cgd
08-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Wonderful! I look forward to eventually being able to do sweaters too.

Amber
08-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Wow, they came out great. The one you designed yourself is fabulous!!!

AnreeAce
08-03-2006, 09:42 AM
:cheering: :cheering:

Woooooo Hooooo! Those look amazing!

rebecca
08-03-2006, 11:42 AM
:cheering: :cheering: WTG!!! They look GREAT :thumbsup:

Jenelle
08-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Those look awesome!