PDA

View Full Version : ISO - decent wicker? storage

kitkat
08-03-2006, 09:07 AM
My stash is spread far and thin - under beds, in closets, in other rooms, in baskets.....my lack of organization is killing me. I buy yarn for specific projects and then completely forget about them. I feel like i need to get this under CONTROL!!!!! (can you say anal-retentive????)

What I am looking for is a decent wicker trunk or other trunk that I can put my actual projects and projects to be in - I would prefer something that closes so that it doesnt get dusty.... I have the space in my bedroom for it....

Any ideas on where to look? I realize we are leaving wicker season. My mom has the perfect trunk in her family room but I doubt she will give it to me. WENCH!

Pixywhispers
08-03-2006, 01:09 PM
I use an old wardrobe I found it at an unfinished furniture store cheap. I would look at antique places.

Could you get someone to make one for you? I just meant a trunk not a wicker one.

Freyja
08-03-2006, 02:24 PM
I use a closet organizer. (http://www.taylorgifts.com/prodetail.asp?src=SHPZLS46&itemno=24746) I hung it in the (finished)-basement and put a cedar ball in each pocket. I put the pattern I want to knit, in with the yarn, then I just look to see what is next. It also helps me, to not get so stash cazy. ;)
I got mine on discount at Lowe's.