PDA

View Full Version : Gothy girls version of Knitty?

WynnieG
08-04-2006, 08:39 PM
I found this through Knittingpatterncentral.com, and thought it was a hoot.
I may have to make the tea cosy with the belladonna motif (Toxic Tea Set) from the Lughnasadh 2006 collection...

Anticraft.com (http://www.theanticraft.com/index.htm)

I still have the giggles. :rofling:

KellyK
08-04-2006, 08:41 PM
That is a FUN site.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-04-2006, 09:56 PM
OMG i *love it* :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

There's a KNITTED CONDOM!!!!!!!!!! Complete with disclaimer!!!!! And OH MY GOSH the SOUP recipe is a R I O T !!!!!!!!!!!!

Wyn, you ROCK! :heart:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-04-2006, 10:01 PM
OMG i am totally getting a tshirt!

Friskums
08-04-2006, 10:45 PM
There's a KNITTED CONDOM!!!!!!!!!! Complete with disclaimer!!!!!

Before I read the page (or saw the unrolled "condom") I totally thought it was a cozy for a woman's...intimate appliance. :shock: :rofling: :rofling: :rofling:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Well, that's what it looks like to ME :eyebrow:

i don't think it would fit mine

orcoastknitter
08-05-2006, 01:02 AM
The one with doll parts made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants. :roflhard:

AidanM
08-05-2006, 03:51 AM
:shock: Ya'll didn't know about this site?
Wow...I found it back when it first came out! I thought everybody knew about it! lol

WynnieG
08-05-2006, 10:25 AM
The one with doll parts made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants. :roflhard:

Me too Coastie! :roflhard: I thought the juxtaposition of doll parts and pennyroyal to be particularly interesting, in a freudian sort of way.

And yes Hildie, that soup recipe had DH and I both laughing our hind ends off. He said it reminded him of when I cook lobster. Like my parents before me, I don't put napkins down at the table settings, I put down bathroom hand towels, plus enough tools to crack Ft. Knox with. Everyone looks like they're ready for medieval battle when they sit down (helmets are optional though)... and somehow I still manage to have to wipe lobster fat off the walls afterward. :rollseyes:

Friskums
08-05-2006, 10:34 AM
:shock: Ya'll didn't know about this site?
Wow...I found it back when it first came out! I thought everybody knew about it! lol
I knew about it, but I hadn't seen the new releases.

Well, that's what it looks like to ME :eyebrow:

i don't think it would fit mine
It looks like it would fit one of mine. :eyebrow: :rofling:

knitaddict
08-05-2006, 10:57 AM
I love the voodoo doll. :roflhard: :roflhard:

kemp
08-05-2006, 11:01 AM
I thought "everyone" knew about it too. They always crack me up.

hedgehog
08-05-2006, 11:11 AM
OMG i LOVE that site! How did i not know about it?? I LOVE the nuclear family - must make one! And the t-shirts.. and.. and... and...

Ooooh... love it! Makes me pine for the days when i could shave and dye my hair and get away with it!

-hh

kemp
08-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Ooooh... love it! Makes me pine for the days when i could shave and dye my hair and get away with it!

-hh :roflhard: :roflhard:

feministmama
08-05-2006, 11:41 AM
My favorite is the bomb cozy :roflhard:

WynnieG
08-05-2006, 02:46 PM
The more I look at this site, the more I realize it is a great place to launch all the twisted little projects I've been working on... like my Sturm und Drang afghan (don't ask) :rollseyes:

I think I have more confidence submitting stuff to them than I would to crochetme or knitty. They seem more welcoming of all forms of art, and prefer the radical and unusual over the terrifyingly perfect.

Woot. A place for my dark side to play in the mud. :heart: