PDA

View Full Version : Just how obsessed are we?

cozy
08-07-2006, 08:32 AM
I voted for "I knit as often as I can"; I used to be pretty obsessed & it was beginning to bother me, so even though I knit almost daily, there have been times when I said "enough!" & forced myself to do something else.

Nikki
08-07-2006, 08:35 AM
I voted for knitting daily. I just don't sit down without some sort of knitting in my hands.
Nikki

Ronda
08-07-2006, 08:48 AM
I seem to be somewhere between "I knit daily" and "I knit as often as I can."

JLC
08-07-2006, 09:05 AM
I'm also between the knit daily and knit as often as I can. My wrists have been bothering me lately. Kind of a combination of all the typing I do at work and all the knitting. I pretty much knit every day, but there are days that I have skip sometimes.

Lieke
08-07-2006, 10:14 AM
I voted "I knit daily" because I usually knit while watching tv and usually watch tv daily (I really want to see at least one news-program and I'm addicted to "as the world turns")

jodstr2
08-07-2006, 10:23 AM
often as I can.

knotmaker
08-07-2006, 10:35 AM
I knit as often as I can ... which is usually daily (or nightly as the case may be) ... but sometimes I am just too tired or my eyes hurt too much ...

Amber
08-07-2006, 10:46 AM
I voted "knit daily." Even if it's just a row or two, I usually manage to get some knitting in. :XX:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-07-2006, 11:04 AM
I voted for "I'd give up sleeping if I could" because I have so many WsIP, i NEED to give up sleeping to finish! :rollseyes:

I also include "cleaning" "studying" "writing papers" "lesson planning" and "cooking" in with things I'd give up. (not that I cook or clean a lot, but the little time i spend doing that, I *could* be knitting)

Renoah
08-07-2006, 11:38 AM
You mean there are knitters who haven't given up sleep time to knit? :shock:

knitaddict
08-07-2006, 12:39 PM
I voted "I'd give up sleeping" because there have been way too many nights that I've stayed up WAY too late knitting. :)

I do knit anytime I sit down. And, since I'm a stay at home mum, I've organized my day such that I can sit and knit quite frequently through the day as well.

Secksiebrat
08-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I try to knit daily but I put I knit as often as I can b/c of my 22 month old running around the house, I don't always get to do what I want to do! Imagine that? :)

~danielle~

Braden
08-07-2006, 02:43 PM
I voted I'd give up sleeping if I could. I usually stay up 'till at least 2 a.m. anyway, so I guess I DO give up sleeping time as it is. :lol: I LOVE knittin'

carollovesyarn
08-07-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm freakin' obsessed and would give up sleeping (though I'd rather not, I do like sleeping), but sometimes I do give up eating or would if someone else didn't make me something to eat.

rebecca
08-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Daily knitter here!!!! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't knit :D I'm so thankful to have learned how to knit....it really, really helps me with keeping my mind off of my pain...and, it's fun :D What more can a girl ask for?! ;)

EssenceRose
08-07-2006, 05:45 PM
I voted "I knit daily". If I'm sitting down watching TV, that just isn't enough. I need something to keep my hands busy so my knitting sits beside the sofa and I pick it up and do a few rows. Not to mention these past few days, I've been obsessed with finishing these socks. LOL

knitncook
08-07-2006, 07:14 PM
I have fallen asleep knitting (no joke) and have dreamed of knitting in my sleep, so I voted for "give up sleep" :roflhard: Although I don't consider it "obsessed" I prefer to say I'm passionate about knitting. Much more positive!

kellyh57
08-07-2006, 11:48 PM
I knit whenever I have a chance, but that's only about once a day so I voted for daily. I stay up as late as I can knitting though! I also can't watch TV without something in my hands- either the computer or knitting usually. I'm always multi tasking!

Hey Lieke, another ATWT junkie here too!

Kelly

Jan in CA
08-08-2006, 01:52 AM
~as often as I can~ is my answer. I was knitting daily, but the heat and guests have taken their toll this summer. :rollseyes:

nadja la claire
08-08-2006, 12:56 PM
I voted daily. I don't know if I'd give up sleep but I do dream of knitting and if there was no need for sleep, I'd be knitting. I knit everywhere including resturants, union meetings and contract negoitations. Infact some of my union friends have renamed me Madame Defarge.

Nadja :XX:

Braden
08-08-2006, 11:15 PM
*Bump* ':-)'

earthchick
08-09-2006, 01:07 PM
I voted that I'd give up sleep to knit, and I regularly do. It seems to be the only option, with toddlers in the house.

Like Hildie, I give up lots of other things too, especially things like keeping a clean house!

ebrperk
08-09-2006, 02:43 PM
I would vote for kniiting daily. Sometimes I miss but not very often.

I am a gh fan!!!!!!