PDA

View Full Version : Needle kit question?

momtogirls
08-09-2006, 12:31 AM
I hope this is ok to post about I just want you opinion on those who have the experience.

I am a new knitted and I am getting hooked. I was pricing the needles at Walmart, its the only store in this area that has craft supplies. So I want your opinions on a needle kit. It's $69 at Joanns but they have a 50% off sale thru Thurs so I have been thinking about picking it up since it looks like a deal.

So, is this kit really worth it? Not sure if this will direct link u to it but search Boye Needlemaster Kit 200 (http://www.joanns.com/catalog.jhtml;$sessionid$4T3KJGYAACSAYP4SY5LRHOR50 LD3UEPO?CATID=82322&PRODID=80804&source=searc)

The NeedleMaster makes circular needles, flexible straight needles and stitch holders
Set Includes: Interchangeable Aluminum needles; sizes 2 - 15.
Separate cables in lengths of 20'',24'',29'' & 36''
Set also includes: stitch markers and a black zippered case to hold needles

The Mod Squad was here...long URL edit. :thumbsup:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-09-2006, 12:33 AM
Check out this thread (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2062&start=0) which is all about interchangeable sets.

Friskums
08-09-2006, 12:39 AM
Here (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2062&start=0)

suzeeq
08-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Knitpicks has come out with a needle set that's only $50, you may want to check out that one too. Lots of people love them.

sue

Nikki
08-09-2006, 07:52 AM
MTG-go for the Knit Picks needles, they are truly amazing.
Nikki

Amber
08-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Personally, I think interchangeable needle sets are worth every penny! You'll save a ton of money over buying the needles separately.

I'd also recommend the Options set from Knit Picks. They are wonderful needles and very reasonably priced!

kemp
08-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Definitely worth it! They are really useful for a lot of other things besides just the different needle sizes...you can use the long cords/extenders to try stuff on while knitting, the end caps to store knitting, etc. etc. I love my Denise's so much I have 2 sets.

XbelovedXoneX
08-09-2006, 11:50 AM
I personally love my Denise set, but I have yet to try the KP Options. I've been knitting for less than a year, but I'm sure owning a set has saved me money and a lot of stress over having to buy needles each time i start a new project!

brendajos
08-09-2006, 11:59 AM
the only thing that has kept me from jumping on the knitpicks options bandwagon is the limited size choices. well and that i now have THREE sets of the denise needles (that clearance sale was too good to pass up!)

if i have need for a big needle with a long cord though, i will definitely pick up the parts at knitpicks though since they have the thin cords and Addis has the tubes.

i would definitely look into one of the sets though. wide range of choices in sizes and very convenient.

:tap: (i was looking for something else when i found this one! how come my yahoo IM doesn't have that...it would be perfect for me! :teehee: yeah that has nothing to do with this...sorry!)

CarmenIbanez
08-12-2006, 11:34 AM
The options sound like they feel like the Addis. Do they? The nickel plate and hollow needle, just wondering. I really want to buy the options.

rebecca
08-12-2006, 11:36 AM
OH, yeah, they are slick and smooth like addis, I love :hug: mine!