PDA

View Full Version : Me thinks...

itsbecca1979
08-09-2006, 02:27 PM
I may be allergic, or sensitive, to wool. You know I'm knitting that sweater with the Patons Classic Wool. Well every time I knit it I sneeze. My allergies have been acting up worse than usual for a week or so, and I honestly don't know if it's the weather or what. It seemed to start when I was blocking my Booga Bag actually! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO why do I hafta be sensitive to everything?! :pout:

knitaddict
08-09-2006, 02:59 PM
I had that problem with one wool that I used. Ummmm... lamb's pride, I think. Not only did it make me sneeze, but my right hand had a bright red mark everywhere that I wrapped the yarn around my fingers. Thankfully it was only used for a roll brim hat that a friend asked me to make her. I'll never use it again!!

brendajos
08-09-2006, 03:07 PM
i would bet it is the mohair but i could be wrong. lambs pride has a lot of it in there and it makes me a bit itchy too......but i can't stop using it cuz i luuuuuuuuuv it so much!

was the Booga the first thing you made with wool? if not i would bet it had something to do with some content in the yarn and not just the wool itself.

Nikki
08-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Allergies are early and terrible this year. Try some Claritin, about a week to 10 days worth, and then come back to this project.
Nikki