View Full Version : Question about yarn

08-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Hi Everyone.
I am new here but I have a yarn question. I have looked online at many manufacturers who sell yarn... what the heck is a HANK? and a MILL End? The seller says they sell these ( I assume these are quantities) but what the heck are they?
thanks to anyone who responds.

08-09-2006, 07:03 PM

A hank of yarn is one that you have to roll into a ball yourself. A mill end is the end amount of a yarn's run through the spinner. You can get variations of color, knots, split strands, etc., I believe. You pay less for mill ends, but you don't get the same guaranteed quality of yarn.

Here are some hanks.