PDA

View Full Version : afraid to block

caviar
08-11-2006, 09:12 PM
I'm working on a beautiful wrap (Twisty Turns out of Wrap Style) that is knit flat then assembled to look something like a moebius. It's in this lucious Frog Tree alpaca, and it's totally yummy, even in this 104 degree heat!!! The directions say something like "block lightly if desired, being careful not to flatten ribbing," AFTER assembly. I'm kind of afraid to block wool anyway...any suggestions for keeping it "light?" :shrug: And if it were you, would you really block after assembly or before, while it is still flat? :?? If the answer is after, how would you shape it to dry? This piece is one of the few I've knit for myself, it wasn't cheap, and it's taken a while, so I hate to go and screw it up when it's turning out so beautifully. So any suggestions would be GRRRREATLY appreciated!!!

Kirstin

Ingrid
08-11-2006, 11:09 PM
If you love it the way it is, don't block it. Period. It does say to block if desired, and it doesn't sound like you have that desire.

jdee
08-12-2006, 12:56 AM
Although, I'm a fairly new knitter, I have been crocheting since I was a teenager, adn I'm 38 now. I hardly ever block. I was afraid to tell you that when I read your post before, because I know your supposed to, but it looks like I'm not alone.