PDA

View Full Version : Chevron socks

gimmesanity
08-13-2006, 08:57 PM
And FO, FINALLY! :woot: Seems like it's been forever since I've posted one of these.

The pattern is from Sensational Knitted Socks. The yarn is Lana Grossa Cotton sock-something yarn. I lost the labels. :aww:

These took me forever simply because I realized that they were too tight when I turned the heel, so I put them down for a while. I finally got around to fixing it and now they fit pretty well. I don't think I'd make another pair of socks with 100% cotton yarn again, though.

Elza_B
08-13-2006, 10:06 PM
So pretty!! The stitches look perfect! Bravo! :yay:

I thought of buying the book, too! I heard so many good reviews.

Amber
08-13-2006, 11:12 PM
Those are really cool looking!! I love the pattern and bright colors!

How is the fit with 100% cotton socks? Do they stay up okay and everything?

Jackie F.
08-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Really cool colors and neat chevron pattern! :yay: If you like chevron patterns, check out Saunshine's self-designed chevron summer dress! Here's a link to her post that includes a pic:
http://saunshine.blogspot.com/2006/08/that-girls-bad-muthashut-yo-mouth.html

gimmesanity
08-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Thanks, y'all! :muah:

Elza, yesss, buy the book. I have that one and Vintage Knitted Socks. Between those two, I really don't feel like I need any other sock books. But, def, Sensational Knitted Socks is like the end-all, be-all of socks books.

Amber, the cotton is kind of fussy in that it was tight when I first did the sock, but now that they've been washed and worn for a while they've loosened up and fit really well. They still go on kind of tight at my heel, but I think that's part of the chevron pattern. I hear people say the same thing about Jaywalkers. They stay up fine, but I only made the leg part like 5 inches (from the start of the heel flap to the top of the sock.) I don't think they'd stay up too well if you made longer socks.

Jackie...holy smokes, that's gorgeous! thanks for the link. There's no way I'd have the patience to make that. :pout:

kemp
08-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Very cool! They look great.

Tammy6071
08-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Pretty!!!

rebecca
08-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Girl, those are good-looking socks...WTG! :blooby: