PDA

View Full Version : yard sale find - now what?

knitaddict
08-14-2006, 12:19 PM
While waiting for dh's plane to arrive yesterday, ds & I went yard sale-ing (mainly to keep ds from jumping out of his clothes with excitement lol). I found a bag with all kinds of craft stuff in it. The woman had written "$0.50" on it. In the very bottom were a set of size nineteen bamboo needles. :cheering: :cheering: There was also some cheap yarn that I figure I'll use for lifelines and such. The funny thing is that I *almost* ordered a pair that were on clearance just the other day. They were $7 before shipping.

Anyway, what do I do with my oh-so-cheap, but in perfect condition size 19's?? :)

Amber
08-14-2006, 12:40 PM
:cheering:

How cool!! I really need to go to more yard sales! :wink:

projectgal
08-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Have you seen the Mason-Dixon blog today? Kay made a scarf using "sparkly yarn" and size 19s. Very pretty.

http://www.masondixonknitting.com/archives/2006_08.html#001622

I'm not sure if you are allowed to use sticks that big without a license though. Looks like someone might get hurt!

Jan in CA
08-14-2006, 01:49 PM
I've never used needles that size! :shock: What a find though! I can't believe she was selling it all for 50 cents!!

knitaddict
08-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Ohhh! I like that shawl. :) It would make a quick Christmas gift, I bet. :)

The woman running the yard sale was PCS'ing so she had to get rid of a lot of stuff FAST. We're only allowed a certain amount of weight, determined by your rank, for a free move. Otherwise you have to pay for all the excess weight. Her dh had been stationed here for about 10 years so they'd accumulated a lot of stuff. There were a bunch of odds and ends that I might use for other craft projects, but I'm STOKED about the needles. :cheering:

Jan in CA
08-14-2006, 02:19 PM
PCSing? :?? Guess I don't speak military.. :rofling:

Michele
08-14-2006, 03:45 PM
PCS = Permanent Change of Station

knitaddict
08-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks for defining that for me, Michele. I often use military-speak w/o realizing what I'm doing. Sorry!!!! :)