PDA

View Full Version : I MADE A MITTEN!!

faerie8
08-15-2006, 11:52 PM
I made a mitten! I made a mitten!! :cheering:

I have been wearing ever since i finished (about 10 PM) and and had to reluctantly take it off to type about my mitten.

This is the first thing i have that you can wear.

i was so excited that i have only now realized that i have to make another one. But that's OK. TWICE THE FUN!!

callmesusan
08-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Congratulations! We want pictures...

Amber
08-16-2006, 02:47 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

gardenmommy
08-16-2006, 09:30 AM
:thumbsup:

rebecca
08-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Congratulations :cheering:

janelanespaintbrush
08-16-2006, 12:30 PM
I have been wearing ever since i finished (about 10 PM) and and had to reluctantly take it off to type about my mitten.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like that... and in the middle of summer, too! Congratulations! :yay:

DreamWeaver
08-16-2006, 02:15 PM
YAY MITTENS!!!!!!!! Good for you, I'm sure it looks fabulous :clap:

kemp
08-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Woo Hoo!

faerie8
08-18-2006, 12:32 AM
I do NOT WANT to make another mitten. And I do NOT WANT to not want to. :grrr:

itsbecca1979
08-18-2006, 07:59 AM
We need pics! :happydance: :cheering:

PurlyGyrl
08-18-2006, 07:42 PM
:fingerwag: Now you just can't leave an orphan mitten out there all cold and lonely. :wink: Just kidding. You can do like I did. I made practice mittens in all kinds and colors of yarn and then used them as ornaments on my Chrismtas tree. Yep, I had a mitten tree! :P

janelanespaintbrush
08-18-2006, 08:53 PM
I do NOT WANT to make another mitten. And I do NOT WANT to not want to. :grrr:

Aren't the 80s back? Maybe the one glove/mitten look will be in again. :wink: If not, there's plenty of time until winter. You might feel like working on it later, when you need a break from another project.

gimmesanity
08-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Yay! Congrats!

aww, you gotta make another one...you can't leave that mitten feeling all lonely.

faerie8
08-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Oh my gosh. That picture of you at Chuckie Cheese's, gimmesanity. (I really wish i thought of that name. Seems that's the only thing im lacking....) That just caused a flash back. I had a birthday at CC's! I was....i think eight. It seemed really big then....We (my mother sister and i) recently went back and it was incomprehensible that we used to fit in those dinky little tunnels.

The mitten is too blahhehrg......Im currently working on crocheted bedfellows in the SNB crochet book. You just gotta love those books don'cha? I will leave the mitten for another time.... :ick:

jdee
08-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Good job :cheering:

I made my first mitten Last Sunday. It was a bath mitt, so I didn't have to make another one, But I definately want to make a pair of real ones to wear.

Anyway, bring on the pictures! :D

faerie8
08-18-2006, 10:41 PM
What is a bath mitt? :??

Here is the pattern i used, jdee. And achem...i want a picture of your kitties. I pinky-promise that i will get pics as soon as i whack my camera the right way and get it to work again. :mrgreen:

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/khs-heartsOnAStringMitts.html

jdee
08-18-2006, 10:49 PM
It's a mitten, made of cotton, or terry cloth. You can wear it on your hand to soap up instead of a washcloth. Personally, I prefer the wash cloth, vut I wanted to see if I could make a mitten, and I had all this cotton yarn left over from another project.

You want to see my kitties? Do you want me to post them here, or start another thread in the general knitting forum? Also, I have to figure out how to add more than one picture the same post. lol I'm still experamenting with pictures. That is why I've never started a thread in this forum before. I didn't know how to add a pic.

faerie8
08-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Post them here.

Here is my kitty.

jdee
08-18-2006, 11:47 PM
She's beautiful. Yes, I know what you mean about the talking. I have one who talks to me, too.

These are my four housecats. I have several indoor/outdoor cats, who were once strays. I don't have pictures of all of them, but these are my four indoor only babies.

jdee
08-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Here's a better picture of Merlin...

faerie8
08-19-2006, 11:46 AM
Merlin is so squishy! :roflhard:

Oh my gosh, your kitties are so adorable. Which one talks to you? Or is it (poor you :mrgreen:) all of them?

Ive heard about kitties sleeping in the sink but my kitty never does that. She sleeps on top of the refrigerator or with me. Or the pile of clothes that i leave next to my bed...

My kitty flushes the toilet. When i first discovered this i was so scared. I came home and i was putting my things away. I heard a toilet flush, and i know that there no one was supposed to be home. I grabbed and umbrella and headed in...only to find my kitty having a field day with the lever. Push, watch water swirl. Push, watch water swirl. Push, watch water swirl. Push, watch water swirl. :roflhard:

jdee
08-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Actally, the outdoor cats are the talkative ones. These are the two who do it them most. They really are a couple of whiners. lol