PDA

View Full Version : Newbie help please

Kyara
08-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Ok, I'm trying my first project, a pair of baby booties. Starting out with casting on 6, then increasing up to 14st. That I understand. The end of the next section is what gets confuseing. The instructions say:
Now work decrs:
rows 1,3,5,7: knit2tog, k to last 3, knit2tog, k 1)(6sts after rw 7)
Rows 2,4,6: k all sts
The thing that confuses me: at the end of rw 6, without turning work, cast on 4 sts(10 sts now)

Does that mean that I should actualy cast on at the end of row 7? Or do I do it at row 6? If I do it at row six should I knit2tog at the end of the cast on stitches, or back when it would have been with out the cast on??

Sorry if this is confuseing... I'm all alone here, I don't know anyone who knows how to knit :wall:

Dilly
08-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Hi! and Welcome!

I hope I can be of help to you. For row 6, you are supposed to knit all the stitches on your needle. Once you knit the last stitch, you need to cast 4 new stitches on to the needle. Once you have cast on those stitches, you can turn your work, and knit row 7 according to the instructions for that row.

I hope this helps. If not, please let us know, and we will try to explain it to you differently. Reading patterns can be really difficult. I've been knitting for a couple of years now, and I still have trouble reading patterns sometimes.

Enjoy your knitting!

Shandeh
08-16-2006, 09:48 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/signs11/13.gif