PDA

View Full Version : Gauge of Paton's SWS

candicane
08-22-2006, 10:28 AM
Anyone know the gauge of the new Paton's SWS (soy, wool stripes). Hoping I can use it for an anthropologie caplet. It is not on their website yet.

Candice

kellyh57
08-22-2006, 01:05 PM
I don't know, but that stuff is so soft! I can't believe it's wool! I was petting it last night trying to figure out what I can make with it. I read that it can be felted so I may just do a bag or something simple, but I loved it! I'm guessing it's the soy that makes it soft...

Kelly

candicane
08-22-2006, 01:09 PM
I hope it will work for the Anthropologie caplet. I was planning on making a lunch time run to Michaels, but then realized that I don't have a car. I hope VW calls me soon to tell me my car is ready! It was soft and I liked the slight sheen and color combinations.

Candice

nadja la claire
08-22-2006, 03:19 PM
discountyarnsale.com is selling SWS 6 skeins for 36.00. Is that a good deal?
You have to pre-order.

Nadja xxx

suzeeq
08-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Michael's has it for $5.99 I've heard.... so no, 6 for $36 sounds like standard retail.

sue

candicane
08-23-2006, 08:47 AM
Yes, Michael's has it for $6.99. There is usually a 40% off coupon on our Sunday paper, bringing it down to $4.20. There are 110 yards per skein.

I got some yesterday in Earth Natural, which is a grayish black, browns, plums, olive and rust. It is so beautiful! It is also quite slick. Label suggests a #9 needle, but I am using a #11 for a looser look. I started out with a metal needle and thought it was too slippery for me, so I frogged and started over with a bamboo needle. Once again, it is sooooo pretty. I'll be collecting coupons from friends and co-workers so I can get a couple of the other colorways.

Candice