PDA

View Full Version : pinwheel sweater

thischicknits
08-26-2006, 11:03 AM
Anyone interested in making the pinwheel sweater at http://secure.elann.com/freepatterns.asp? I've just started it and it is kind of fun.
Love to hear from you!
Margaret

Julie
08-29-2006, 10:32 AM
I totally want to make one, but it's about #6 on my project list right now. :roll:

Pixywhispers
08-29-2006, 02:41 PM
I am such a slow knitter! And have three girls! I cant decide who I will make it for. So cute. It's on my to do list.

candicane
08-31-2006, 12:20 PM
As long as you don't expect results quickly, I want to to the kid's version. I think I have appropriate yarn in my stash. I am going to skip the loopy edging. I really must stop getting distracted, but this is too cute to pass up.

Candice

sittenknitten
09-01-2006, 02:59 PM
I just started one this morning! It's for a baby expected in November, so I'm making a small one. My yarn choice is Patons SWS in the "Natural Pink" colorway. It'll be interesting to see how the stripes work out, I haven't knitted anything with the SWS yet, but the colors are so pretty: exactly the same as the planned nursery!

candicane
09-02-2006, 01:51 PM
I just finished an Anthropolgie capelet in Paton's SWS natural earth. I really like the way it came out. I am excited to see the pink in the circular pattern!

candice

candicane
09-05-2006, 08:41 AM
SittenKitten,

Did you start yet? How does it look in the SWS? I am tempted to buy the SWS in the denim stripes if yours looks good.

Candice

sherimosher
09-06-2006, 11:52 PM
I am working on this in the adult size - for me - I swear I am going to keep it! I have been working on it for about a month (maybe a little more). This is my lunch hour knitting project. I am on the last color round. Doesn't look like much right now, all bunched up on the circulars, but I am getting there! Elann just posted another version. I want that one, too!

sherimosher
09-06-2006, 11:53 PM
I am working on this in the adult size - for me - I swear I am going to keep it! I have been working on it for about a month (maybe a little more). This is my lunch hour knitting project. I am on the last color round. Doesn't look like much right now, all bunched up on the circulars, but I am getting there! Elann just posted another version. I want that one, too!

candicane
09-07-2006, 09:42 AM
I have started over twice on this now. The firs time I realized that I missed two yarn overs on the last needle. The second time I thought that maybe I should use a superwash wool--if it is supposed fit till DD is 6 I figured maybe I should use a sturdier yarn, but it was too thin and I didn't like the way it looked. So, now I am going to go back to yarn choice #1.

Candice

sittenknitten
09-09-2006, 01:50 AM
It's not finished yet (no sleeves in the picture) but here's a look at how the SWS yarn is working out...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/herbgal/Knitting/pinwheelsweaternosleeves.jpg

I've finished 1.5 arms since the picture was taken. :cheering:

mwedzi
09-09-2006, 08:20 AM
:shock: Oh my goodness that is beautiful! I love the yarn. Yikes!
It's not finished yet (no sleeves in the picture) but here's a look at how the SWS yarn is working out...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/herbgal/Knitting/pinwheelsweaternosleeves.jpg

I've finished 1.5 arms since the picture was taken. :cheering:

thischicknits
09-09-2006, 09:15 PM
WOW! That looks so incredible! I have finished the body portion of my but got sidelined with a few other projects...I have to get refocused and finish the sleeves. I can't wait to see yours finished!

Dulcinea
09-12-2006, 10:58 PM
WOW! That looks so incredible! I have finished the body portion of my but got sidelined with a few other projects...I have to get refocused and finish the sleeves. I can't wait to see yours finished!
And I was pointed here by someone on craftster.org.

I just finished the pinwheel sweater, in the adult size, and yes, with the twisted edging - here's a link to the finished sweater

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=119910.msg1148393#msg1148393

Pixywhispers
09-13-2006, 03:35 PM
And I was pointed here by someone on craftster.org.

I just finished the pinwheel sweater, in the adult size, and yes, with the twisted edging - here's a link to the finished sweater

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=119910.msg1148393#msg1148393

First, dahling that is gorgeos! Second what yarn did you use?

And SKitten, How many Skiens did you use? I figured 8, but are you making it a lot smaller? I'm still trying to decide which daughter to make this for. I think my three year old.

thischicknits
09-20-2006, 11:27 PM
I had a bit of inspiration today (I finished a shrug I became obsessed with) and decided to start on the sleeves. They are coming along nicely. I'm thinking of doing another for my daughter - it should move along quickly, right? Now to decide on the color for her - I really like the SWS - how does it knit? The colors on the one posted look great!

sittenknitten
10-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Late replying here, we've had big changes around here and I'm now doing full-time daycare for my 3-year-old grandson. The SWS is VERY nice to knit with, soft & flexible. I had one skein that had several thin spots and a knot or two, the others were all pretty uniform.

I've finished the sleeves and gotten it blocked and ready to wear, just waiting on the little girl it's made for (4th grandchild, but the first girl) to arrive in November! :heart: