PDA

View Full Version : Yarn Balls?

knitaddict
08-30-2006, 03:17 PM
Has anyone ever used THIS (http://www.hancockfabrics.com/category/4084.html) yarn? The one I'm interested in is 320 yards for $10. Is it worth it?

Debbie
08-30-2006, 03:33 PM
They had a TON of it at our Hancocks ... I think it even got down to 7.99 at one time .... The whole big huge ball IS NOT YARN ... it is around a core of card board. A lady in my guild used it to make something ... I don't remember what ... and kept having to go back and buy more and more. The scarf I saw on display was really ... um .... thin and raggety and cheapy looking. I don't think for one minute that you would be getting $40.00 for 320 yards quality !!! Not even close! I wouldn't buy with out seeing it for yourself first ..... maybe someone else actually used it and has a different view !

brownishcoat
08-30-2006, 03:37 PM
I got mine when they put them on sale for $4.99. I have 6 different ones. I haven't knit with any yet, but each box contains a "Learn to Knit" DVD (which I have not watched yet). I'm going to share them with my friends who would like to learn to knit.

knitaddict
08-30-2006, 04:58 PM
TY for the info, ladies! I have a friend here in town that also knits & was also looking into buying some. I'll pass it on to her. :)