PDA

View Full Version : Sweater to be taken apart...................................

Sissy
08-31-2006, 11:14 AM
:shrug: I have spent a long time knitting myself a sweater.I am going to take it apart and do a different pattern.The one I did was a cowl neck and it just didnt hang right, even after knitting it 3 times..........Have any of you ever done this.I spent 90 bucks on yarn and hate to waste it............................... :oops:

knitqueen
08-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Yep. The first cardigan I knit for myself, I didn't like it. I took it apart, made a V-neck pullover. Turned out too small. It hung in my closet for a while until we had a Salvation Army pick-up one day and I threw it in the bag. It wasn't $90 worth though, maybe $40.

Ingrid
08-31-2006, 12:30 PM
No point in wasting good yarn! Hope you find a pattern that you love.

Denise in Michigan
08-31-2006, 02:37 PM
I'll rip out any yarn I like and redo it/make something else if I'm not satisfied with the finished item. Makes perfect yarn sense to me!

suzeeq
08-31-2006, 02:40 PM
I'll redo, and redo, sometimes in several patterns until I like it or it fits. Even with cheapie yarn that I only paid $10 for....

sue

cozy
08-31-2006, 03:48 PM
Yes, I don't see the point in knitting something that you'll never wear. Even if the yarn has to be put aside for a while (and it doesn't have to be $90 worth either) I'll use it for something.

suzeeq
08-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Yes, I don't see the point in knitting something that you'll never wear. Even if the yarn has to be put aside for a while (and it doesn't have to be $90 worth either) I'll use it for something.

Exactly!

sue

Sissy
09-01-2006, 10:14 AM
:teehee: The sweater is now in balls and I am looking for a another pattern. :happydance: I love the yarn , so I will enjoy re-knitting it..............................

cheesiesmom
09-01-2006, 10:17 AM
After my mother retired, she spent a lot of time knitting aran and nordic style sweaters. She was constantly frogging completed sweaters because she didn't think they were "right." At the time, I thought she was crazy and had a perfection obsession. Now that I've gotten back into knitting, all that frogging seems perfectly logical to me.

knitqueen
09-01-2006, 10:20 AM
And some people, like myself, and much more 'process knitters' than 'product knitters'. For me, I enjoy the process so much more that if I rip something back, it doesn't hur too much because i get to knit it again!! :happydance:

nefferbea
09-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Oh, yeah. I knit a cardigan that never fit right. The sleeves were too short, the button band was awful, the body was just funky. So, first, I tried blocking it to get it right. Still hated it, but loved the yarn. So, I finally frogged it. I bought some coordinating yarns and I'm going to make Meg Swanson's Aspen Leaf pullover out of the frogged yarn. That's next on my list after I finish a slip stich cardigan, which may be a while. Whatever possesed me to make a sweater out of fingering weight yarn?!!!