PDA

View Full Version : It's the USPS's fault....isn't it?

Nikki
09-01-2006, 02:05 PM
I hadn't gotten any new yarn in.....well it seemed like a long time so when I picked up the DGD today we made a swing by the yarn shop. What was I to do? They had a new area just for sock yarn and Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn is wonderful and.......... :shrug:

When I got home the postman had left a box of yarn AND the DH was home. No time to hide the new statsh in among the other/older yarn.

I'm MUST time these coming homes better.
Nikki

cookworm
09-01-2006, 02:24 PM
I usually just leave my purchases in the trunk of the car until my husband is asleep! :twisted:

Anyway, if you're like most knitters, at least some what you're knitting is going to wind up being gifts for others, so I don't think it's terrible to buy some extra yarn after you've already had some on order. In any event, maybe cooking hubby's favorite dinner or an extra long back rub might go a long way to smooth things over! :teehee: I tease my husband that I could ask him for just about anything, just so long as I keep scratching his back! :rofl:

janelanespaintbrush
09-01-2006, 02:32 PM
DH is amused every time a new package of yarn comes in the mail (which has been increasingly often, strangely enough). Of couse, since I'm the breadwinner and take care of all the finances, I'm much more sensitive to spending than he is. I think he finds it easier to justify his guitar-related expenses since I started on the stash-building binge. :rofl: Maybe it'll delay retirement a little, but at least we'll be surrounded by things we like!

Angelia
09-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Oh Nikki... :rofl: :rofl:

I'm not to the hiding stage yet. The operative word there is "yet"...:shifty:

Ingrid
09-01-2006, 04:23 PM
This is where the famous large, empty Kotex box comes in handy. Stuff the yarn in there, and carry it into the house openly and proudly! He'll never check. :rofl: :rofl:

Pixywhispers
09-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Although he may wonder why you need so many Kotex.

cheesiesmom
09-01-2006, 07:49 PM
This is where the famous large, empty Kotex box comes in handy. Stuff the yarn in there, and carry it into the house openly and proudly! He'll never check. Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

Love it. Never thought of anything quite so clever. Unfortunately, these days I'd have to sneak it in a large Depends box. :teehee:

DH is retired and gets the mail before I get home from work. I have a humungo KP order coming with all 4 sets of Options dpns, patterns and some discontinued sock yarn. I'm sure I'll hear about that.

janelanespaintbrush
09-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Although he may wonder why you need so many Kotex.
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

beckyrhae
09-01-2006, 09:02 PM
When I go to the LYS they know that I dont need a bag ... I just bury any new yarn at the bottom of my knitting bag and very carefully slip it into my stash later. :rofl:

Andrea
09-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Oh Nikki... :rofl: :rofl:

I'm not to the hiding stage yet. The operative word there is "yet"...:shifty:

What about the Addi's I had to putin my bag when I came to AL? :shifty: