PDA

View Full Version : OT: RIP Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin

EssenceRose
09-04-2006, 03:55 AM
Steve Irwin (aka the crocodile hunter) died today at age 44 after being stung by a sting ray in the heart. He has left behind his American wife, Terry and two children, Bindy and Bob. :( Such a tradegy! He was so young... and he died doing the thing he loved most... filming a nature documentary for animal conservation.

He is and icon here in New Zealand and Australia -- and known world wide. May he rest in peace.

mrsfife
09-04-2006, 04:14 AM
Oh no!!! I always watched him doing his thing with wonder at the danger of it. Never thought anything would happen to him, though. It's very sad. :pout:

DreamWeaver
09-04-2006, 04:39 AM
Steve Irwin. My sister and I called him stupid Steve. He always seemed so unbeatable, like he could never be killed by any of the dangerous animals he worked with. May he rest in peace, and my everyone remember him as the stupid daredevil who wan't afraid to take a chance.

Three cheers for Stever Irwin :cheering:

MrsSquirty
09-04-2006, 04:56 AM
i use to watch him on telly when i was at school

use to always call him silly steve

but really its only now that my kids are watching him on a dvd you can see he really does love the animals and he isnt the slightest bit worried about the dangers

RIP steve

and my heart goes out to his family

crocs rule.. RIP steve

horve1
09-04-2006, 05:44 AM
Rest In Peace, Steve. And I hope his family finds some comfort knowing at least he died doing what he loved. :verysad:

Boogs
09-04-2006, 08:44 AM
RIP Steve-o.

A legend in his own lifetime who leaves a legacy for us all.

He'll be missed. :pout:

PinkRoses
09-04-2006, 08:50 AM
I found out about it last night at work on cnn.com. I feel so horrible for his wife and two kids. :crying:

aylaanne
09-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Wow. That's....shocking. My thoughts are with his family. So young! :crying:

Ingrid
09-04-2006, 09:07 AM
OH NO! My grandson Ryan will be devastated! He often says that he's Steve's biggest fan and wants to work at the Australia Zoo. :pout:

His poor family!

dustinac
09-04-2006, 09:08 AM
I hated to read about this today on yahoo.. feel so bad for his family... they are in my thoughts and prayers....

kemp
09-04-2006, 09:44 AM
:pout: OH no! I can't believe it.

Angelia
09-04-2006, 10:19 AM
:pout: The story of his death was the first piece of news I got this morning. Very sad. :(

stitchwitch
09-04-2006, 10:20 AM
unbelievable, how sad. :pout:

Pixywhispers
09-04-2006, 10:25 AM
I was shocked when I heard.

He loved what he did. You could tell he loved life. I learned a lot about friendships from his interactions with the others at the zoo on his show.

Telling my 8 year old son this morning was pretty hard. He took it well.

Amber
09-04-2006, 10:46 AM
So sad. :verysad: My thoughts are with his wife and two young children.

09-04-2006, 10:51 AM
My hubby woke me up with this horrible news. I am still in such shock. Like I can't wrap my brain around it. :verysad: :crying: I can't even imagine what his family is feeling. I am so very sorry for their loss.

crocs rule!! woohoooo!!

RIP Steve-o :heart: :heart:

Mrs.H
09-04-2006, 11:06 AM
My heart is broken for his family, and for all the animals at the zoo for they will mourn his death as well. I have been a huge fan of Steve's(and Terri's also) ever since I first saw them on TV here in the states. His death is a enormous loss for the wildlife conservation movement world wide. We were all blessed to have him for the 44 years he so generously shared with us all. Australia has lost one of their best ambassadors.
Linda

want2knit
09-04-2006, 11:08 AM
:crying: :crying: Very sad. Prayers for Terri and the little ones. I loved watching his show as did my children. Sad day for Australia and the world--he did so much for conservation and wildlife education. He will be greatly missed.

jodstr2
09-04-2006, 11:52 AM
:( I read it in one of my car forums' chat this morning. :(
so sad. husband and father of two little ones. may Terri and the children have the strength to get through this.

Jan in CA
09-04-2006, 11:52 AM
:pout: That's so sad!

rebecca
09-04-2006, 12:01 PM
:verysad: So very sad. He so loved what he did and the conservation of animals. A very passionate person, indeed. He will be greatly missed. My prayers are with his family.
Stingray attacks are rare, I think. He did, as Pink Dandelion said in her blog, go out with his boots on.

bjc1050
09-04-2006, 12:44 PM
I loved Steve and his family. Praying that God will comfort them - especially Bindi who obviously was a Daddy's girl. Steve will truly be missed.

jdee
09-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Oh, no. What a shock to his family and the world. His wife and children are in my prayers. :verysad:

DianaM
09-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Prayers go out to his family and friends. May they be comforted in the fact that he went without any pain.

As for the manner of his death, I think the same was said about Oliver Reed when he died while filming "Gladiator".....at least he died doing what he loved the most.

aylaanne
09-04-2006, 05:16 PM
I loved Steve Irwin. I thought he was a bit of a crackpot, but a harmless one, and he did wonders for Australia, for the environment, and for animals. Too bad we lost him, instead of some other crackpots that aren't so good for the environment. :crying:

Pixywhispers
09-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Too bad we lost him, instead of some other crackpots that aren't so good for the environment.

In my limited experience on this earth I have noticed that people who are totally against something eventually turn and make up for their original wrong(s). I wish those people a long life and pray they do work for good. :) JMHO

Witchy Mama
09-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Stingray attacks are rare, I think.

they had this guy on the news this morning explaining what had happened and why and apparently only 2 other people have been killed in Australia the same way. He was saying that if the barb had have got him anywhere else it more then likely would not have been fatal.

Personally I never liked him, but I am sorry for his family, must be one of the hardest things to have to go through, Bob probably wont understand but I am sure Bindi knows what is happening :pout:

beckyrhae
09-05-2006, 12:32 AM
He will be missed, not only for his sillyness but for the conservation efforts he made for the animals of Austraila (and the rest of the world). His family will be in my thoughts.

I've always loved Steve Irwin, I even dressed as him on Halloween a few years back. Had the kakhi shirt and shorts, fake fang marks with blood and toy snakes all over my body. It was fun.