PDA

View Full Version : Introduction of myself

hellokitty165
09-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Hi my name is Jasmine and I am originally from Singapore and i am an asian chinese....i marry my husband who is us born and that why i m here today in US... i buy my yarn and needles around the world whenever both of us travel ...we love to travel alot ... we went to peru (too bad we are on the tour so no time to source for their yarn store....we went to galapago, amazon jungle (really stay in the jungle hut those hut have no doors just wall around sometimes monkey will visit it kind of freak me out)

i have alot of yarn from japan... there is this store in singapore carry them ... okie that's so much about me ... thanks for reading though

to all the Moderator and Amy of knitting help, good job on this website ... i am glad that i found it !!!!

jberry16
09-04-2006, 10:46 AM
glad 2 have u here, welcome!

Jan in CA
09-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Welcome to the forum!

That sounds like an interesting trip you had! I'm not sure how I'd react to monkeys hanging out in my room! :rofl: :rofl:

BinkyKat
09-04-2006, 11:37 AM
:cheering: Welcome!
yeah, I'd be pretty goofed up if a monkey showed up in my bedroom! but yet it would be pretty hillarious at the same time!
Again, welcome and what a fun adventurous life you and your hubby have!
:happydance:

rebecca
09-04-2006, 11:38 AM
:waving: Welcome to the forum, Jasmine!!

jodstr2
09-04-2006, 11:45 AM
:cheering: welcome, Jasmine! :cheering:

hellokitty165
09-04-2006, 01:58 PM
a big thank you for welcoming me here.... i feel home here.. :heart:
u guys are fantastic !!!! :woohoo:

aineepooh1
09-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome..!!!
Are you a seasoned knitter or a newbie(likeme).. ? Look forward to seeing you around the site..
:cheering: :happydance:

stitchwitch
09-04-2006, 08:52 PM
:waving:

Jakoh
09-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Welcome!!! Me too from Singapore and still in Singapore :woot:

I love this site too. It just love at the first sight :heart: I love all the FO here, they make me more enthusiastic with knitting and got hooked!!!

Have fun here!!!

cheers xxx xxx :clink: :clink:

hellokitty165
09-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Hi there !!!!

wow yooo woooo :balloons: :happydance: is great to see my fellow citizen here .... thks for saying hi ..... how do you get your yarn and needle ?? from golden dragon at chinatown ??? i go there alot everytime i go home to visit my families

keep in touch and what project are u working on now ????

Jakoh
09-05-2006, 06:15 AM
Got most of my stuff from Golden Dragon and recently ordered from Knit Picks... love their yarns. other than that I also got some from Spotlight

I have posted couple of my FO on what cha......

FO:-
preivous FO......
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17021
remote controls
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17368
for my wedding attendants
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17173
spiral scarf and triangular shawl
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17369
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17370
my shrug
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17174

I am now working on a poncho!!! one and half yarn more to go for completion!!! :cheering:

hellokitty165
09-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Hi Jakoh,

I use to go Golden dragon alot ... spotlight dun have much i need there though...they have some classes there in spotlight and someone from there have a website selling addi-turbo knitting needles and some yarn from japan i think...

what brand needles you like best ??? me too buy alot from knitpicks lately since my discovery of their store ... :cheering:

did knitpicks shipped to singapore ???? or international ?? it so nice to see u here :hug:

Andrea
09-05-2006, 07:28 AM
Welcome!!! :cheering:

dustinac
09-05-2006, 09:12 AM
:cheering: Welcome to the forum!!!

hellokitty165
09-05-2006, 10:06 AM
thank you all. :muah: ...this site rocks :woot: :woohoo: :clink: :thumbsup:

Jakoh
09-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Most of my stuff got it from Golden Dragon. I prefer those needles from GD as they are more durable.

me love the green yarn call Sport, is marvellous!!! Do you come across Vpost , is from Post office that enable shipment that ship from US and Japan...like middleman where these two places don't ship to Singapore!!!

me too happy to see you here too...... are the yarn you bought from US and other places cheaper than Singapore? Me going Korea soon and not sure any yarn store in Seoul?

Cheers :cheering:

hellokitty165
09-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Most of my stuff got it from Golden Dragon. I prefer those needles from GD as they are more durable.

me love the green yarn call Sport, is marvellous!!! Do you come across Vpost , is from Post office that enable shipment that ship from US and Japan...like middleman where these two places don't ship to Singapore!!!

me too happy to see you here too...... are the yarn you bought from US and other places cheaper than Singapore? Me going Korea soon and not sure any yarn store in Seoul?

Cheers :cheering:

Never heard of Vpost...too bad they don't ship to singapore anymore.. yarn here in USA is more selection...cos' demand of knitting is so high... some site u will find cheap yarn ...korea will have yarn store cos they knit for winter ...check the website before u go ... u might find something ... i will be back to singapore soon...have not fix the date yet though...then my hubby and i going to hilton maldive for a week

keep me posted on your work and we can chat too ...

mks22300
09-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the forum!! :waving:

Jakoh
09-07-2006, 09:56 PM
how envy!!!! You must be travelling alot!!!! been and seem so many places and cultures!

You are a full time housewife? Will post another project of mine next week....
Seeya

hellokitty165
09-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Yes ...fulltime housewife...no kids... my hubby and i love to travel here are the places we had been

Thailand... Phuket, Bangkok, Phi Phi Island, Fiji (for our blessing wedding and honeymoon), Hawaii, Los cabos (mexico), peru - amazon jungle, galapagos.(visit the 120 yrs old giant turtle)... machu pichu, puno, Lake Titikaka, Grand Canon(one of the wonders)- my hubby propose there ! Hong Kong x2 ...toranto..Nigeral fall...montreal (canada)...

next we are going to Maldives this november and next year it going to be Africa ...my hubby wanted to see the great migration of those animals before they become extinct....

u too show us all the yarn u can find when you visit Seoul .... yes show us your project.. :inlove: . i will be waiting :cheering: i will post my new projects here too this weekend... :clink:

this week i am knitting up like a storm....right now i am :passedout:

Old Knitter
09-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Welcome Jasmine.....my daughter just named her new baby Jasmine and I had told her I loved it....so feminine. Come back and vist with us soon.

skNYC
09-08-2006, 04:00 PM
... i am an asian chinese...

I thought all chinese are asian, no? :teehee:

hellokitty165
09-08-2006, 05:19 PM
No...asian can be japanese...korean,,,, muslim.... indian...my country have multi-cultural people...hope that helps

nadja la claire
09-08-2006, 05:37 PM
:waving: :waving: Welcome aboard Jasmine. What an exciting life you lead and I envy the fact that you have shopped for yarn around the world. I look forward to seeing your work. :muah:

Nadja xxx

Ilovesocks
09-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Welcome Jasmine! I love hearing travel stories.. every time u have a trip, please pretty share w/ us okay ? :D :muah:

hellokitty165
09-08-2006, 08:14 PM
sure :blush:

Jakoh
09-11-2006, 05:12 AM
ok... I will take pics of yarn if i managed to find a yarn store in Seoul!!!!

I will post pics of my project soon.... Just finished the poncho and will take pics of it.......

Cheers