PDA

View Full Version : Are there any non-metal interchangable needles?

aineepooh1
09-06-2006, 02:16 PM
I know the Denises' and Boye are available to be interchangable but I like the Susan Bates lightweight plastic feel.. I don't care for metal too much.
Anyone know of any interchangables that are NOT metal?
Thanks

brownishcoat
09-06-2006, 02:18 PM
The Denises aren't metal; they are resin. From what I understand they are very lightweight.

cheesiesmom
09-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Love, love, love my Denise set. Best investment I ever made. But I'm getting all the KP new dpns so I may have a change of heart after working on those and want the KP interchangeables. Fickled girl!!

brendajos
09-06-2006, 02:39 PM
yup...Denise's are often mistaken for plastic but are resin. love them...just wish the cord was a bit thinner....just a smidge...

Quiara
09-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Big love for my Denise set. Even more love for the fact that I got them for $5. I love a good bargain!

Boogs
09-06-2006, 02:51 PM
Love my Denises also but I do have a bamboo interchangeable set which attach the same way as my Boyes.

kemp
09-06-2006, 06:23 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart: my Denise's too.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Me three!!!

A bamboo set of interchangeables is also available from Plymouth (http://plymouthyarn.com/index.php?nav=Needles.main). You'd have to find a retailer, though.

Mrs.H
09-07-2006, 01:26 AM
Believe it or not the Boyes's Needlemasters actually were made in a plastic also at one time. I have a set I bought on ebay, and they are my favorite set. I was able to buy them for a lot less than what a new set of the Denise's cost. The cables are very easy to knit with, very flexible, and of course they should not have any problems getting through a airport screening point. I'm always checking back on ebay for another set, I'd like to have at least 1 more.
Linda