PDA

View Full Version : OMGosh! I'm so happy!!! (Diy)

knitaddict
09-07-2006, 08:21 PM
We don't get DIY on our satellite plan, but for a whole month we're getting a free preview of it. I can *finally* watch Knitty Gritty!!! :cheering: :cheering:

Time to get some tapes and record away. ;)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-07-2006, 08:32 PM
:pout: We don't have cable

:verysad:

09-07-2006, 08:38 PM
We don't get DIY on our satellite plan, but for a whole month we're getting a free preview of it. I can *finally* watch Knitty Gritty!!! :cheering: :cheering:

Time to get some tapes and record away. ;)

No fair!! No fair!! No fair!!!

(i'm very happy for you but wish we lived with you also) :roflhard: :roflhard:

XbelovedXoneX
09-07-2006, 08:56 PM
<--- so jealous!!!

Julie
09-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Ack! What plan are you on???

*crosses fingers that it's the same plan as me*

rebecca
09-07-2006, 09:36 PM
How cool is that! I love, love, love Knitty Gritty :cheering: Of course, there are all sorts of cool diy programs on other than KG, but not nearly as exciting!

orcoastknitter
09-07-2006, 09:50 PM
I am jealous. I used to get DYI. Unfortunately, we can't get it. I have problem with trees. We live in the boonies, so we use Dish Network (satellite). Since trees seem to grow they block our dish. And we lost many channels. So maybe one of these days, we will get the trees trimmed and be able to get it again :roll:

knitaddict
09-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Ack! What plan are you on???

*crosses fingers that it's the same plan as me*

We have Dish Network - just one step above their basic. But at the beginning of the summer I discovered that they have 5 channels that they do free previews on - somewhere in the 200's on my channel guide. Sometimes it's movie channels, but this month I get DIY. :cheering: :cheering:

Coastie- you should check to see if you have some free preview channels as well. You probably do if you've got Dish Network. We can watch KG together. ;)

Julie
09-08-2006, 12:45 AM
*runs to check her channels up in the 200s*

ETA: :woohoo:

Thank you thank you thank you -- I never would have realized that I was getting it!! Nowwww....how to explain to my 3yo that she can't watch Wow Wow Wubzy tomorrow morning..... :wink:

blueeyes28
09-08-2006, 06:36 AM
Did anyone watch knitty Gritty yesterday they were doing decorative stiches and they did a little demo of continental knitting ,well guess what?I got it I have been trying to figure it out for months and I finally got it my purling needs a little work but I know how to do it !!!! :cheering:

blueeyes28
09-08-2006, 06:37 AM
Also does anyone know how to find the episode of Knitty Gritty that Amy was in?

koolbreeze
09-08-2006, 09:55 AM
i hate you all who have DIY!!!! just kiddin ya'll know i :heart: ya;ll just my envy talking!

jodstr2
09-08-2006, 11:30 AM
:pout: we don't get DIY :pout:

brownishcoat
09-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Amy's episode hasn't aired yet. I'm sure there will be lots of buzz around here when it gets on the schedule.

The only other DIY show I like is Jewelry Making.

aineepooh1
09-08-2006, 04:02 PM
You will absolutely LOVE knity gritty. Also, Edith Eig has a show called Knit One Purl Two. she has "celeberities" on her show. though her show is older that is episodes were taped in 2002, 2001 etc.

Knitty Gritty is so cool because Vicki always shows a new technique. The "knitty cam" shows it up close so you can see it play by play"
Also DIY home page has all the old episodes.. there are some links to see some of the techniques used in the old episodes (although it is only a few minutes) not the whole episode

But you will like it alot...
!It's fun to watch and learn!! :happydance: :happydance:

mks22300
09-08-2006, 05:59 PM
We just switched from satalite to cable and DIY is in our package! :cheering: