PDA

View Full Version : New Paton Yarn

cheesiesmom
09-08-2006, 08:59 PM
I received an e-mail from Paton about its new yarn SWS. Most beautiful colors. Worsted (I think) weight. http://www.patonsyarns.com/product.php?LGC=sws[/url]

SandraEllen
09-08-2006, 10:57 PM
I saw that in JoAnn or Michaels the other day. I was there looking for a yarn winder and was walking quickly through the rows of acrylic and this caught my eye.

Wool and Soy. Interesting. Pretty colors.

It almost looked a little handspun. Not like Thick and thin, but like the yarn wasn't twisted very much.

Phretys
09-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Yep, it is a worsted weight yarn. It also felts very well. The appearance of the yarn (no plies) and slow color changes remind me a lot of Noro Kureyon, but it feels softer.

I've made 1.5 booga-like bags already. I didn't pay enough attention to the first bag while it was felting in the washing machine, and it mucho shrank in only 9 minutes. After felting the surface has a pebbly look, I'm guessing from the soy fibers which (I'm guessing here again) probably didn't shrink much or at all. It still looks pretty cool.

Debi

SabrinaJL
09-08-2006, 11:47 PM
I just saw that a little while ago at Michael's. I LOVED it. Now I just need to figure out what to knit with it so I can justify buying some. :teehee:

humblestumble
09-09-2006, 01:06 AM
Lovin natural green :)

sittenknitten
09-09-2006, 01:30 AM
I'm working on the pinwheel sweater from elann.com with the natural pink. It is a little splitty (because it has very little twist) and a couple of my skeins had knots in them. That said, it is working up very pretty and worth the trouble!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/herbgal/Knitting/pinwheelsweaternosleeves.jpg

Obvious note: the sleeves aren't done yet :teehee: .

Quiara
09-09-2006, 01:33 AM
Oh, I love that! Makes me want some even though I have no project in mind. Just seeing it, I love the way it works up. Good job!

yarnfreak
09-09-2006, 03:56 AM
Oooooooh, pretty. I might have to go looking for some of this yarn.

itsbecca1979
09-09-2006, 07:39 AM
I saw this yesterday as well and fell in love with it. However, I'm gonna wait and see how well I like this sweater before I purchase more feltable wool (I'll prolly forget it has to be handwashed and felt it in the washer :doh: )

jamiejeans
09-09-2006, 10:26 AM
I didn't think it was that soft, though. In their email newsletter, they had a beautiful pillow pattern. I may have to check that out!

brownishcoat
09-09-2006, 04:25 PM
I just saw that this morning! I'm in love with the natural pink. I want to do a scarf with that on the ends and cream/natural in the middle, and no felting.

My Michael's had swatches before and after felting! I'd never "felt" that before; it was awesome to be able to feel what everyone else is talking about.

So funny you guys were here talking about it!

Celine
09-09-2006, 04:50 PM
I haven't seen it in person yet but I love what I've seen so far online. I like the "Geranium" one. I'll have to keep my eyes open for it when I go out.

sittenknitten
09-09-2006, 07:07 PM
I've seen several posts from people who thought it was scratchy, but mine is quite soft. Maybe it's a quality control issue.

XbelovedXoneX
09-09-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm thinking maybe some armwarmers... hmmm

cookworm
09-09-2006, 10:21 PM
VERY pretty yarn--thanks for sharing!!! sittenknitten, your sweater is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

psammeadred
09-09-2006, 10:38 PM
I saw this in Michael's today - such lovely colorways! The yarn seems to have a sheen about it that's so pretty. It seemed fairly soft, but the felted sample square they had was rather rough and had lost its shine. I'd like to try it sometime.

candicane
09-10-2006, 10:19 AM
I made the anthropologie capelet in Natural Earth and it is really pretty. I went back and bought Natural Geranium for a hat and mittens for DD. I haven't started that project yet. I also want denim for the pinwheel sweater for DD and Natual Green (which they did not have at my Michaels) for a sweater for my cat.

I thought it was soft and has a little bit of a slick feel. I definitely have to wear something under it though, it does have a little bit of an itch factor to me. I love it anyway.

candice