PDA

View Full Version : What to do with knit-pick's "suri-dream" yarn?????

shore--alpaca
09-14-2006, 08:35 PM
I love the look of knit pick's suri dream :
http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/itemid_5420130/yarn_display

brushed alpaca yarn? (And I'm sure? its super soft. ;) ) but I can't think what to do with it????? What would be nice???? What kind of scarf would be nice in it???? :) Thanks! :)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-14-2006, 11:11 PM
I made a cowl! It's a large stockinette tube that you twist to keep your neck and head warm... the yarn is very thin, but it REALLY keeps my head warm. Great alternative to a hat, because it doesn't squash my hairdo. Only took one skein.

I have pictures of KK and I "modeling" it, but I have to resize them....

Julie
09-15-2006, 10:05 AM
I made a few scarves as Christmas gifts last year...

Kirochka
09-15-2006, 11:04 AM
I've ordered some to make the Abundance Afghan (http://www.knitpicks.com/Projects/itemid_50502220/projects_display) free pattern from the KP site (basically just a huge garter stitch rectangle). Just couldn't resist, and it looks like good mindless in-front-of-the-TV knitting.

SabrinaJL
09-15-2006, 11:30 AM
I got some and it IS soft. I was thinking I'd make the To Dye For pattern from SNB with it.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-15-2006, 11:37 AM
OH!!! The To Dye For pattern is PERFECT for this yarn! One of my husband's cousins used it; I don't remember if it was red or green, but she has a tank top in the same color that she wears underneath, and it looks fabulous.

Here's the pics... neither of us are wearing it correctly, with the twist, but you get the idea. It really keeps your haid warm!

stitchywitch
09-15-2006, 02:45 PM
I have 2 skeins of Suri dream in woodland, and I've also been wondering what the heck to make from it. I have the Bella scarf pattern (from knitpicks), but I don't know how I feel about the ruffles, plus I'm drowning in scarves to make as it is.

I was also thinking of the "Misty garden" scarf from scarf style. It calls for a similar yarn in a worsted weight, but I think it might sub ok.

skNYC
09-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Looks like a dreamy yarn. Do they every go on sale?

nadja la claire
09-15-2006, 04:10 PM
I've ordered it for Lacey from Knitty. I hope I get it soon and that it's not too difficult to work with.

Nadja xxx

earthchick
09-15-2006, 04:25 PM
I made To Dye For with it. Here's a pic (though not a great one).

I also made a prayer shawl with it last fall, one of my first projects.

I like the finished product of this yarn better than I like working with it. I think it would work better with the KP Options needles (with their sharp tips) than with the Addis (which is what I used).

fluffypechey
09-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Oh I want to 'need' to knit the Suri scarf where do you get the pattern please its gorgeous :heart:

Sorry to hijack the thread :oops: :oops:

:hug: Sharon

snephenie
09-15-2006, 07:21 PM
I have three balls of this in the autumn leaves colorway (I think that's what it's called)

I wanted to make a shawl for my grams, do you think a simple garter stitch increase on beg of each row would look ok in this?

shore--alpaca
09-15-2006, 10:23 PM
What's the lacey pattern Nadja? :) I searched Knitty and couldn't find it????? :)

nadja la claire
09-29-2006, 09:44 AM
What's the lacey pattern Nadja? :) I searched Knitty and couldn't find it????? :)

Sorry I didn't answer sooner. :oops: It's a pattern for a shrug on Knitty.com.

Nadja xxx

JLC
09-29-2006, 01:40 PM
I bought some quite a while ago for the To Dye For sweater, then I thought I wouldn't like the sweater, but after seeing the picture on here, maybe I would like it. Decisions, decisions... :shrug:

cookworm
09-29-2006, 10:05 PM
I wanted to make a shawl for my grams, do you think a simple garter stitch increase on beg of each row would look ok in this?
Steph, IMHO, the yarn is so beautiful, I think it would look fine! When I do projects using fabulous yarn, I try to let the yarn "be the star" of the project. Because the yarn is so fuzzy, making a fancier stitch might not show up as well. You know, your grandma will love whatever you make because is came from her granddaughter...grandmas are GREAT and sweet that way!!!! :heart:

cookworm
09-29-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm going to make the "Dreamy Throw" (http://www.knitpicks.com/Projects/itemid_50401220/projects_display) at Knit Picks site eventually. My sis bought me the yarn for our birthday as a gift for me and I can't wait to use it! I got it in the Atlantic color which just looks fabulous; I couldn't decide between that color or the Gloxinia so I made my sister decide for me! :teehee: The "Dreamy Throw" looked like a project I could complete quickly and easily, so that's why I chose it. Plus, the idea of being all wrapped up in soft, silky, super-toasty alpaca... :drool: !

I'd still like to make the "To Dye For" (http://www.knitpicks.com/Projects/itemid_30449221/projects_display) sweater eventually (especially seeing the post at how pretty it turns out with the Suri yarn!!!)--I just LOVE that sweater :inlove: !--but I don't think I'm quite ready for garments yet. :oops: