PDA

View Full Version : Knit Picks

Nikki
09-20-2006, 09:47 AM
Just placed yet another order, more needles-classic circulars and Memories yarn, plus their purse organizer for my knitting bag and......oh yes, a toy knitting book-had such cute dinos in it.

I was just wondering if I should just give them my Amex card and tell them to just add stuff to it as they add to the needle line :shrug: Or maybe come up with a 12 step program for Knit Picks Ohalics.

cookworm
09-20-2006, 10:16 AM
:cheering: Good for you!!!! I have to be very careful when I get my Knit Picks catalog, as I want to order EVERYTHING in there!!! It's truly addictive. But it sounds like you got some great stuff, so enjoy when it comes! :happydance:

Have you used the Memories yarn before? I've been eyeing it for a while as the colors are all very pretty, but was wondering what it was like to knit with (of course, how can you go wrong with 100% merino, right? :teehee: )

Holly
09-20-2006, 10:19 AM
:roflhard: I must join the ranks of the knitpickaholics :roflhard: I like to use the free shipping justification: sure the book is only $9.99, but I need to spend atleast $40 to get the free shipping...must continue shopping!!

Amber
09-20-2006, 12:15 PM
:teehee:

I know! I feel like I'm constantly ordering from them. I have been happy with everything I've bought and their customer service is the best! :heart:

Forget the 12-step program -- I wanna join the fan club! :wink:

aineepooh1
09-20-2006, 12:23 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Andrea
09-20-2006, 01:13 PM
I just put a bunch of stuff in my cart...just trying to get my finger not to hit order.... :shifty:

nadja la claire
09-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Hello my name is Nadja and I'm a Knit Picks-oholic. On Sunday I made my 3rd order this month. My 1st order ever was in August but now I'm hooked. I tell my husband that I'm odrering stuff for Christmas gifts but it's just an excuse to get my fix. It's all I can do to keep from going on there and ordering something else. I turned my friend on to it and now she's hooked.

This reminds me of the Monty Python skit about gangs of delinquent grannies and how Gran was fine until she got hooked on the crochet. :roflhard: :roflhard:

Nadja xxx

Sissy
09-20-2006, 04:39 PM
:teehee: I am waiting on my order from Knit Picks to arrive.I ordered #2 circular needles for socks,Fingering weight sockyarn,Sensational Socks book.I am going to Koolaid dye the yarn :teehee: ............I am a bad girl :teehee: :teehee: Amy

Mama2three
09-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Must..... refrain.........from .......visiting.........KNITPICKS!

Oh sorry,
Hi, my name is Lisa. I am a knitpickaholic. :roflhard:

NinaT
09-20-2006, 05:34 PM
My order isn't supposed to come until Tuesday and I'm still tracking it every day!! I had to have the Telemark sweater and then, of course all this other stuff just fell into my cart :?? !

SabrinaJL
09-20-2006, 06:14 PM
I love KnitPicks. I had to call them again today because on my 60" cable the cable came out of the metal part. They're replacing it for me. I also asked why they don't have 16" cables and she said they're working on them and they WILL have them, she just didn't know when.

brownishcoat
09-20-2006, 06:38 PM
That is going to make LOTS of people happy. They have been DYING for those!

KP is on their way to becoming the preferred interchangeable set. Watch out!

mks22300
09-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Oh, what happy and exciting news about the 16 inch cables! :cheering: I hope they get them soon!

SabrinaJL
09-21-2006, 03:06 AM
I also asked her why they didn't make it so the cables can be connected. She said because they couldn't get the joins smooth enough. Which seems kind of weird to me considering how smooth they are where they join at the needle. :shrug:

Nikki
09-21-2006, 09:39 AM
Looks like I'm in good company with my Knit Picks addiction. I've never used the memories yarn, but that redwood color called to me and as Holly stated, I had to order enough to get the free shipping :roflhard: so I picked up some other colors too. That 40 dollar free shopping is the killer, what's 60 when you've already spent 40?

I too don't buy that they can't get a smooth join, but it's Knit Picks and they do no wrong.

JLC
09-21-2006, 10:29 AM
Wow, I think it's been about a month since I placed my last order. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually all set right now. But I'm sure if I went to the website, I could find something I "need".